Cody Ford fined over 28k for illegal blind side block

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

Here is Cody Fords illegal blindside block: 

Here is Jadaveon Clowneys no fine no penalty concussion hit on Carson Wentz

WTF! YO!!!!!!!!!!

I used to love Booger McFarland, his asinine comment about selfishness pretty much finishes me off with his blowhard opinions.

If it’s the rule ok, but the fine seems ridiculous.

Duke Johnson got away with two of these during the game btw, both times on Edmunds, where he lunged backwards throwing a shoulder in. Including 1 on a TD run. 

I don’t blame this for the Loss, but the fine is ridiculous to me. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

There has to be some common sense applied as well. If everything were black & white, the kick-off mishap would’ve been a Bills touchdown.  Instead they apply ‘common sense’ along with intent, and the call goes in favor of Houston. That likely would’ve been the game right there. 

In Ford’s case, yes, he was mostly facing his end zone, however it was minimal contact, and FAR from a blindside hit. (I would feel otherwise if it truly was a defenseless player getting completely blown up... but far from the case).  

At that point in the game, common sense should also be applied. I also highly doubt the Texans would’ve complained about that block if it weren’t called!  That should not have been a penalty, and it potentially was the game decider.  

And to put a fine on top of it.... just unbelievable. 

I think this is a pretty fair point. "let them play" and not wanting ticky-tack bullcrap to decide a playoff game should go BOTH WAYS.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Can the team pay the fine for him, and send the league that denomination in pennies?

Seriously, **** the NFL

Now that’s funny.  I bet the Pegulas would pay for it if they could.  I like the idea though.  Now Ford can pay them in pennies.  In all seriousness, this really does suck for Ford, and he didn’t deserve it, just like it was very iffy that was actually a penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The ratio on that tweet...

At least we see that it’s not just our fans that thought the “penalty” was a complete joke. 

Not even close to just bills fans... I haven’t seen anyone think it was a good call including dean blandino. Especially because the refs ignored everything else the whole game 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

it’s a negotiated tiered system in the CBA. I don’t recall first, second offense etc... but outside of egregious hits it tends to just follow that system

if that’s the case, then I’m actually okay with this. If all blindside blocks or all of a certain fouls has an automatic fine, then it’s objective and negotiated for. 

if there is discretion in when to award the fine and how much, then Ford really got screwed. This was no “Hines ward block.”