Did anyone hear mike ginnitti from spotrac on wgr

zevo

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Thank you.. There is some genius in that statement right there. Those teams HAVE to unload some really talented players to even have cap to sign rookies. They’ll take anything they can get before cutting them and getting nothing. 

All the other teams know that too.  That's where the bidding wars start.

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Going into the offseason, assuming the loss of Phillips, Lawson(or Murphy) and Gore - We need a DT, DE, LB, RB and 1-2 WR’s.  OL being a wild card depending on what they do with Ford/Spain. 

Your satisfied with the CB situation?  We have a major need there.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Would be thrilled if we did this. 

After watching this year unfold, we need a lot of help in the playmaker department.  

Beasley was nonexistent in our playoff game, Brown had the big miss on the sideline and Allen clearly felt more comfortable throwing to Duke Williams, against an average-at-best secondary.  

FA/Trade WR

Early Round Draft Pick WR

John Brown

Cole Beasley

Duke Williams

Andre Roberts 

If your early draft pick can also return kicks, then Roberts would be a bye bye.

6 hours ago, zevo said:

Some interesting analysis on what players like Phillips and Milano would be worth....the most interesting thing was he thinks Beane will look to the trade market from wr...he suggested with the Robbie Anderson/Matt ruhle connnection, that could free up dj Moore for a trade due to him going to be paid in the near future....very interesting take and I would love that...also suggested chargers might be trade target for mike Williams. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/01-10-mike-ginnitti-from-spotrac-with-howard-and-jeremy

Milano reminds me of nick buonicanti..slightly undersized tremendous football instincts and great tackler

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Your satisfied with the CB situation?  We have a major need there.

If Phillips/ Lawson leave, those positions are needs. You’d like to upgrade atCB opposite White, but they were pretty good vs the pass this season. The offense was bottom third in the NFL most of the season, so that’s a much greater need. The Bills’ defense is just fine if the offense is top 12 or so. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hopefully Carolina will be read to get younger and we can look into a trade for Kuechly. A veteran to replace the leadership role that Alexander had but still be a killer on the field. That little extra killer instinct to help us finish teams off.

rarely play 3 lbs - wouldn’t seem good dividends to invest it there

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

If McDaniels is taking that job he’s not shopping their top tier talents. I can’t see an offensive coach taking that job and immediately trading away 2 of their top 5 guys on offense. 

Also not sure Peters is any kind of upgrade at this stage of his career especially if you’re asking him to switch sides. 

Hunt is a RFA so he wouldn't have to trade him away. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course. I just think generally when Beane speaks he gives you little clues without even meaning to. I have thought that about him going way back to when he first arrived and was being asked about Tyrod. The way Beane phrased the answer made me think that when they start the self scouting and how to get better they will be pencilling Ford in at RT on the depth chart. Doesn't mean that holds throughout but my reaction to what he said was they still like Ford at tackle and think there will be natural development year 1 to year 2. 

I think what they do with Spain will be a real sign on what they do with ford

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

rarely play 3 lbs - wouldn’t seem good dividends to invest it there

Wouldn’t want to. Luke at MLB, kick Edmunds to WLB, and id think Carolina might be interested in Milano in the trade for Luke. Or you keep them all and will be able to run and cover without using an extra Dback but remaining in a base run stopping defense. Kuechly is one of the best players in the entire league and a coach on the field. Certainly worth the investment. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Wouldn’t want to. Luke at MLB, kick Edmunds to WLB, and id think Carolina might be interested in Milano in the trade for Luke. Or you keep them all and will be able to run and cover without using an extra Dback but remaining in a base run stopping defense. Kuechly is one of the best players in the entire league and a coach on the field. Certainly worth the investment. 

No reason Edmunds can’t drop down and rush in nickel packages. His speed alone can rush around the edges. Same with Milano, he’s shown to be a capable blitzer if he’d just wrap up a little better. 
This Rhule guy, if he’s bringing his defensive coordinator from Baylor needs Kuechly big time to run that defense. I can’t see anyway Carolina can let go of Kuechly or McCaffrey. They are the faces of the franchise. They really lack defensive players as is. 

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

No reason Edmunds can’t drop down and rush in nickel packages. His speed alone can rush around the edges. Same with Milano, he’s shown to be a capable blitzer if he’d just wrap up a little better. 
This Rhule guy, if he’s bringing his defensive coordinator from Baylor needs Kuechly big time to run that defense. I can’t see anyway Carolina can let go of Kuechly or McCaffrey. They are the faces of the franchise. They really lack defensive players as is. 

Well Mccaffrey certainly not but Kuechly is getting old. Usually these coaches want “their own guys” and the older veterans are the first to go.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Well Mccaffrey certainly not but Kuechly is getting old. Usually these coaches want “their own guys” and the older veterans are the first to go.

I can understand that but he’s not even 30 yet and his contract is reasonable for being the best in the game. Be a bad move to lose Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly in the same offseason. If they end up cutting or trading Cam. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course. I just think generally when Beane speaks he gives you little clues without even meaning to. I have thought that about him going way back to when he first arrived and was being asked about Tyrod. The way Beane phrased the answer made me think that when they start the self scouting and how to get better they will be pencilling Ford in at RT on the depth chart. Doesn't mean that holds throughout but my reaction to what he said was they still like Ford at tackle and think there will be natural development year 1 to year 2. 

Ok. Still confusing to me as Ford wasn’t here then. Perhaps I’m misreading. 

My point is this: these cats are far too smart to convey their intentions at this point. It’s all a game...until it isn’t. ? 

Alright, so I am a big Dion Dawkins supporter. I like him a lot and I think he still has potential to get better. I know a lot of people on the board still think he is a guard. I think he is a left tackle...not elite, but probably top 15 right now, and a pretty young guy at 25  who has the chance to get better. I would extend him. That said, with the Matt Rhule stuff, the guy that he should want in his locker room to establish culture etc, is Dion Dawkins, who started for him for four years at Temple. Dawkins was an integral part in helping Rhule turn things around at Temple. If I'm Rhule, that's the guy I want anchoring my offensive line, where Carolina has struggled to find consistency. Dawkins was one of the first guys Rhule recruited when he got the job at Temple and they go way back and are very close. 

So...Dion Dawkins to Carolina for DJ Moore....who says no? 

Again I would not do it because I really like Dawkins and he's home grown. I think he's going to get better. But you do have a stop gap guy in Nsekhe in house who could play left tackle while you look for a long term replacement. This is a strong receiver draft class, but is the guy you are getting at 22 better than Moore? I'm not sure about that. You would be getting what looks to be an elite playmaker, but removing the heart and soul of your offensive line. I guess it depends on the drop off to Nsekhe and whether the Bills are planning to pay Dawkins or not. Anyways, I'd love to get people's thoughts.  

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think a WR trade is possible. I think that the Bills are going to trade this year’s 2nd round pick. I don’t know why I feel that way but I do. OBJ and Kamara are names that have crossed my mind. i really doubt that the Bills use all 9 draft picks with the amount of young talent already on the roster. I’d imagine that they will target about 4 guys between rounds 3-6 that they will try to snag. That will go with the 1st rounder to add 5 guys in the draft (plus whatever they trade for a playmaker). I don’t think that there will be a ton of roster turnover next year. It will be about quality, not quantity. 

Would be great consolation if we can't get McCaffrey in trade or Henry

14 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I want Henry Ruggs in the draft and DJ Moore in a trade. With these two WR’s we would be set at WR for a long time. Ruggs stock is going to sky rocket after the combine, I hope that he drops to us.

Ruggs doesn't strike me as the type of prospect the Bills would take.  He's been hurt quite a few times......he seems like the type of guy that gets kicked up a lot.  The Bills put a lot of emphasis on availability.  I actually prefer his teammate, Devonat Smith.  He doesn't have the same burner speed as Ruggs, but he's still fast, and he has much better hands and is a better route runner

16 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

It would be weird, to say the least, for Ruhle to trade D.J. Moore 2 years into his rookie contract after the season he just had.

McCaffrey please.

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think a WR trade is possible. I think that the Bills are going to trade this year’s 2nd round pick. I don’t know why I feel that way but I do. OBJ and Kamara are names that have crossed my mind. i really doubt that the Bills use all 9 draft picks with the amount of young talent already on the roster. I’d imagine that they will target about 4 guys between rounds 3-6 that they will try to snag. That will go with the 1st rounder to add 5 guys in the draft (plus whatever they trade for a playmaker). I don’t think that there will be a ton of roster turnover next year. It will be about quality, not quantity. 

Do not want OBJ, guy is a cancer, asking other teams to pick him up after games, no thanks. Kamara , Hell Yeah !!