Rewatched the playoff game and I’m optimistic for next season

15 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I really thought I’d watch that game and feel like we completely collapsed because that’s what it felt like watching it in real time. 

Now that I rewatched it, I feel better about Josh Allen, and the team going into next season.

The National story line is he (Josh) fell apart after the fumble but in watching the game that’s not true. He was behind the chains often because of bad play calling or penalties and he made some incredible throws that were dropped or called back for a penalty. This coupled with the fact that he was forcing some things because we needed things to happen, and that how you get the poor stat line.

IMO He needs 1 more WR out there that can get open and make a tough catch once in a while and I believe we’re gonna make a real run at this thing next season. 

Go Bills!! 

Agreed. 
I also think add another running back who can give you similar production to Singletary when he comes in. Young guy from the draft with juice. 

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

BS other posters haven’t said that. Lurk more. The josh allen excuse club is and has been alive and thriving around here for two years now. You can try to gaslight as best you can but it ain’t gonna work on me.

Ok so you are all gassed up.  Turn off the pilot light before someone lights it.

The Josh Allen bad pick club is has been thriving around he over two years now since he was drafted.

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you look at how many times he was faced w/third and 8+ and still delivered...

In order, 3rd & 9 - 10 yd pass - 1st down, 3rd & 10 - Incomplete, 3rd & 8 - 15 yd pass  - 1st down, 3rd & 9 - incomplete, 3rd & 9 - sacked, 3rd & 8 - sacked, 3rd & 13 - Incomplete.

Last drive of the 2nd half: 3rd & 10 - 14 yd pass - 1st down, 3rd & 10 - 10 yd pass - 1st down,  3rd & 10 - throw away to waste a few seconds and stop the clock.

OT Drive: 3rd & 12 - 14 yd pass - 1st down, 3rd & 9 - 14 yd pass - 1st down. After the penalty that wasn't 3rd & 24 - Incomplete pass.

The biggest thing this tells me is, when the game was nearing the end Allen was money. I'm not counting the throw away to Williams at the end of their FG tying drive to end regulation & the 3rd & 24 at the end of the OT drive against Josh, both weren't his fault for not picking up the 1st. Besides that he was 4 for 4 on 3rd & 9+ when it mattered the most, the last 2 drives of the game. He stepped up his game, who else did on the offense during those last 2 drives?

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I really thought I’d watch that game and feel like we completely collapsed because that’s what it felt like watching it in real time. 

Now that I rewatched it, I feel better about Josh Allen, and the team going into next season.

The National story line is he (Josh) fell apart after the fumble but in watching the game that’s not true. He was behind the chains often because of bad play calling or penalties and he made some incredible throws that were dropped or called back for a penalty. This coupled with the fact that he was forcing some things because we needed things to happen, and that how you get the poor stat line.

IMO He needs 1 more WR out there that can get open and make a tough catch once in a while and I believe we’re gonna make a real run at this thing next season. 

Go Bills!! 

I have to give you credit for being able to watch this game over , I couldn’t do it 

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

BS other posters haven’t said that. Lurk more. The josh allen excuse club is and has been alive and thriving around here for two years now. You can try to gaslight as best you can but it ain’t gonna work on me.

There is no reason to make excuses for josh allen

he is a young qb that is improving every year

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Put a billboard up on the 90 why don't ya. 

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I doubt, when it comes to Allen, any rational, objective, discourse would work on you....

Its Schopp's twin hahaha

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

You do understand that it is possible for the recognition that Allen has flaws, the need for his improvement; the need for improvement / upgrades in personnel around him; the need for better calling / play designs at times; or any number of other issues that could also affect his play, can all exist at the same time, right? That these things are not mutually exclusive? 

Clearly no.  The answer is no.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No routes on his highlights..........for a reason.

Big, violent moves with the ball look good but don't result in enough actual escapes.........subtle and sudden works a lot better in the NFL.

That's not 1st round tape in 2020.

Bills need an actual WR1..........he ain't it IMO.

sounds like a DK Metcalf hot take 

17 hours ago, billvernsays said:

Go Bills!! 

Hasn’t bad play calling been a common theme? Daboll’s track record as a OC hovers between 26-28th ranked last I saw. To me, that in itself is concerning. Hopefully we can get better with more weapons but we must score more points.