Rewatched the playoff game and I’m optimistic for next season

13 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

that’s just a flat lie. You can and will lose count on the Allen threads claiming “he just need mo’ help” and “coaching let him down” again, you can switch gears all you want now that’s it’s the offseason. Receipts are there.

Can two things not be true at the same time? Also, maybe you're right, maybe I shouldn't look at potential and where someone has grown from and what they are likely to grow into, I should judge them immediately, harshly and without perspective.

Yes, the more I think of it I think you're right. So grateful you cleared that up for me!

Alright, I need to go scream at my 2.5 year old for not being able to make himself go without me having to push him on the swing. Might be a bit harsh, seeing he couldn't even sit on a big kid swing a few months ago, but so grateful for your logic...the kid will pump his legs, and he will pump them now!

• Haha (+1) 4

It was two teams that really played their hearts out. JJ Watt was well rested. And DeSean watson, and DeAndre hopkins stayed focused, even when they had a terrible 1st half. I think they benefitted from having more playoff experience then our guys. I rewatched the game myself, and i cant wait for next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billvernsays said:

IMO He needs 1 more WR out there that can get open and make a tough catch once in a while and I believe we’re gonna make a real run at this thing next season. 

Go Bills!! 

Yes please!!

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

that’s just a flat lie. You can and will lose count on the Allen threads claiming “he just need mo’ help” and “coaching let him down” again, you can switch gears all you want now that’s it’s the offseason. Receipts are there.

Ok, then go ahead and link to any one post that says that nothing is Josh's fault and that he did nothing wrong as you implied.

After all, the receipts are there!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ok, then go ahead and link to any one post that says that nothing is Josh's fault and that he did nothing wrong as you implied.

After all, the receipts are there!

With due respect, it feels like you’re trying to rationalize with an angry homeless guy who thinks you said his shopping cart is ugly. 

• Haha (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Yes please!!

No routes on his highlights..........for a reason.

Big, violent moves with the ball look good but don't result in enough actual escapes.........subtle and sudden works a lot better in the NFL.

That's not 1st round tape in 2020.

Bills need an actual WR1..........he ain't it IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No routes on his highlights..........for a reason.

Big, violent moves with the ball look good but don't result in enough actual escapes.........subtle and sudden works a lot better in the NFL.

That's not 1st round tape in 2020.

Bills need an actual WR1..........he ain't it IMO.

Who do you like at this point? Is there a fella so good you ought to trade up for him the way the Falcons went and got Julio Jones?

Tee Higgins is my first choice right now. 

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

BS other posters haven’t said that. Lurk more. The josh allen excuse club is and has been alive and thriving around here for two years now. You can try to gaslight as best you can but it ain’t gonna work on me.

I don't normally go here, but this post is personally disappointing to me.  Meta-discussion warning:

It turns out that for me, the biggest post-loss challenge has not been, as one might think, all the trolls and crazies.  After ~18 months as a mod, I'm habituated.  I stomp them like a big-city college student spotting a nest of cockroaches, squirt boric acid powder in the gap under the baseboard, and don't even bother to clean off my boots afterwards.

The biggest challenge has been all the regulars whom I normally respect and enjoy reading, who for one or another reason think it's a jolly time to run rampant and indulge in some bodacious hyperbole because IDK Reasons, or maybe because Mikey took the cap off the sharpie and started drawing on the baby before they got there so what's wrong with them commencing in with a bit of black Sharpie Wall Art?  Mikey did worse and they saw it on that thread over there!

No one is saying Josh Allen did nothing wrong.  No one.  Not the most fervent of his supporters here.  That Allen has work to do and needs to take a step is a truth more universally accepted than Austen's man-needs-wife in Pride and Prejudice.  Pointing out that there are factors beyond Josh himself affecting his play is analogous to, IDK, maybe pointing out Poyer and Hyde had more PBU and stuff in 2017 than today because the rest of the defense ahead of them wasn't so sound and they had more clean-up to effect?

I am cranky and need a break.   Fortunately I have the Technology.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Who do you like at this point? Is there a fella so good you ought to trade up for him the way the Falcons went and got Julio Jones?

Tee Higgins is my first choice right now. 

I wouldn't trade up much far for anyone..........though Jeudy is amazing and clearly the most talented WR in the class.

Long term, Higgins would be a great get for Allen.    Little concerned about his slight build but he has such great feet for a receiver that big.   He should be a very good pro and good pick at #22.

I think they need to come away with a veteran WR1.........they already kicked the WR1 can down the road for 3 years and with Allen entering his 3rd year it's a lot of risk needing to heavily incorporate a rookie WR.

If they could get AJ Green and then Higgins that would be great.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Can two things not be true at the same time? Also, maybe you're right, maybe I shouldn't look at potential and where someone has grown from and what they are likely to grow into, I should judge them immediately, harshly and without perspective.

Yes, the more I think of it I think you're right. So grateful you cleared that up for me!

Alright, I need to go scream at my 2.5 year old for not being able to make himself go without me having to push him on the swing. Might be a bit harsh, seeing he couldn't even sit on a big kid swing a few months ago, but so grateful for your logic...the kid will pump his legs, and he will pump them now!

You can’t reason with a terrorist....

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You can’t reason with a terrorist....

Well, I got an update on how the screaming at the kid for his lack of self swinging skills as a 2.5 year old.

Craziest thing...he just looks at me with this calm look in his eye and said "dam it daddy, you know I love you....but you have a hell of a lot to learn about rock and roll" ?

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

BS other posters haven’t said that. Lurk more. The josh allen excuse club is and has been alive and thriving around here for two years now. You can try to gaslight as best you can but it ain’t gonna work on me.

Oh no .. what will we ever do if we cannot convince you that the house is not on fire. Josh is a QB with a lot of potential who has to get better to be elite. As I posted in another thread .. for a first time playoff game Josh had really solid numbers, in fairness numbers that were skewed on the positive by the really bone-headed plays not being taken advantage of by the Texans and on the negative side hurt by 4 drops (per profootballreference and Fox there were 10 drops by the 8 teams playing last week and the Bills had 4 of them) and some questionable penalties to say the least. Heck he had good numbers compared to the other QBs playing last week including Deshaun Watson.

Josh was drafted as a unique prospect and the jury is still out .. the Josh is elite crowd are wrong and the Josh will be a bust crowd are equally wrong. He is neither yet. I think his floor is much higher than most experts (even those that hate him) thought it would be and his ceiling is still sky high.  The fact that we made the playoffs, his teammates think he is legit, and he has improved across the board (though with many faults still) should give him at least 2 more years to prove it.

I know if we had only drafted those sure things like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariotta, Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahommes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, or Mason Rudolph we would be winning the Super Bowl this year.

Clearly 3 have turned out well, but it is still early for all their careers .. we will know a lot more in 2 years .. hopefully by then we will have lofted at least one Lombardi and this irrational love / hate of Josh will be decided one way or another. This is still a team that does not have but a single pro-bowler .. their best players are all young. I would be shocked if we do not have a nice little run of goodness and hopefully that will turn to a run of greatness.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

I will never watch that game again, but realize if any of a dozen plays is changed even slightly, the narrative is the complete opposite and we’re talking about Kansas City.

As Maxwell Smart said, “missed it by that much!”

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

That was the national story based on a couple of bad decisions by Allen in that second half. There were a lot of plays in that 4th quarter and overtime that, on the surface, contributed to this idea that Allen had a complete meltdown. However, it was really more about execution and situational factors than it was about Allen falling apart, and much of it was more nuanced than obvious.

For example, in OT, the Bills are faced with a 2nd and 9 at their 43. The Texans have a 6 on 5 advantage on the line of scrimmage and bring all 6. Ford is matched up against LB McKinney on his inside and DE Watt on his outside. Both McKinney and Watt rush. Ford has to take McKinney on the inside, leaving Watt with a free path to Allen. Beasley is the hot read on a slant. If you watch the play as it unfolds in the game, you see the pressure, Beasley underneath, and it looks like Allen just doesn't make the read, makes a bad pass, or just throws it away for another incompletion.

However, in the All 22, below, you can see Allen reads all of it and is prepared to go to Beasley. You can actually see Allen start to bring his arm up and back to throw to Beasley. Beasley then sits on the route and Allen cannot make the throw because Watt is directly in the way. However, Allen, stays calm in the face of Watt's pressure, waits as long as he can, readjusts, and makes the throw to Beasley. However, Beasley, at the same time, starts to move across the middle, and the pass goes to the spot Beasley just vacated. IMO, I see Allen doing a lot of good things here. It didn't work, but, not because he panicked, fell apart, or was having a meltdown

Totally agree with your assessments and after re-watching the game I came to the conclusion that Allen performed pretty decent after the fumble and positioned his team time and again for the win.  The Drive for the tie was amazing, a few clutch throws, and even in the first OT possession had the team positioned to win if it wasn't for a bad penalty call.  If Beasley runs the 6 out here instead of in , it is going for a first down.  Josh did a good job in this game overall.

Edited by fan_in_tx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Totally agree with your assessments and after re-watching the game I came to the conclusion that Allen performed pretty decent after the fumble and positioned his team time and again for the win.  The Drive for the tie was amazing, a few clutch throws, and even in the first OT possession had the team positioned to win if it wasn't for a bad penalty call.  Josh did a good job in this game overall.

If you look at how many times he was faced w/third and 8+ and still delivered...

• Like (+1) 1