Top Offseason Priorities

GreggTX

What is our #1 offseason priority?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What is our #1 offseason priority?

• OL
    • WR
    • TE
    • RB
    • Edge Rusher
    • CB
    • LB
    • QB
    • S
    • Other

48 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1st....Shenault (wr)

2nd...Jefferson (wr)

3rd....Harris (rb)

4th....OL.         5th......OL

FA....Ngakoue + Conklin

While I wouldn't mind this at all, I highly doubt we double down on WR in the draft. And I honestly feel like Perriman has finally shown he has top talent potential. I absolutely love the Harris pick BTW. 

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's Allen's third year and I need to see that given a full arsenal of weapons he can be our franchise QB.  A capable outside WR opposite Brown should be the #1 priority.

The fact that Allen attempted 10 passes to Duke Williams tells me that Allen is more than happy to throw the football.  

In order:

1.  WR.  Need a game changer type.

2.  RB:  A big pound it type to pair with Motor

3.  DE/Edge:  Pass rusher 

4.  CB:  can always use another CB

For WR I’d draft one high and look to FAs to add a second.  DE/edge same deal plus give Joseph a good shot at replacing Zo.  RB in middle rounds or we could already have him in our rugby guy.  CB in the middle rounds.

I’d be using cap space to extend some guys that are integral.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:26 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

As much as  we desperately need a big dynamic WR. Watching our Oline get blown up on the pass rush was a huge hindrance to the offense. 

That being said i believe they will address both of these issues as well as the other needs.

I’m fairly sure this won’t be well received, but to me, Morse is the weakest link on our OL. Smarter heads than me decided he was a must have early in FA, but consistent pressure up the gut and virtually nothing running in the same area rate a serious rethinking. Yes, he’s an experienced Center re: Line calls on the fly, tendencies per Down & Distance and League respect. So my ‘feeling’ doesn’t hold much water but my eye test says Feliciano and even Bates were more consistent at the position. We spent a boatload of $$ on him and for many years, but we must get stronger up the middle. It’s a weakness that was exploited. jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

It all depends on the level of the player.

WR would seem the obvious choice, but it really isn't unless that player is an Elite WR, or close to it.  Bring in a 'good' WR, and have you really upgraded much over Beasley and Brown?  Same for a lot of other positions.

Basically, it isn't so much what is the biggest 'need', because while the Bills have some holes, nothing is a huge, massive, gaping black hole of a need. What need I need to see them address is simply signing or bringing in a player that is the biggest 'increase' in talent over the incumbent. If that WR doesn't exist, just don't sign someone for the sake of doing it. Make sure whoever you sign, wherever that is...is a noticeable improvement over the incumbent.

So to me, I would LOVE a star WR, but it looks like the best chance for improvement might be a LB to replace Alexander...or finding an OL that is an improvement over what you have.

1 hour ago, Mopreme said:

And sign premier edge rusher as free agent and then the Bills are set. 

And don't even address the below average OL until day 3 of the draft? Yikes! sorry, But I must vehemently disagree on this. I may be old school, but games are still won and lost in the trenches and our OL is still a VERY long way from where they need to be if we are to seriously contend. We need to add no less than 2 total studs on the OL because we have 0 studs on the OL at present. 0.

I'm surprised more people didn't see the need for another outside CB opposite White. We defended the pass well, but a shut down corner opposite Tre'Davious would make this defense rock solid along with a serious pass rushing threat. Our pass rush wasn't terrible, but if it were much better, we could have won 2 or 3 more games, IMO.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Top offseason priority is locking up some of their players. Negotiate long-term contract extensions with Milano, Dawkins, Poyer and Feliciano. See if they can keep Shaq, Spain, Johnson and Phillips from hitting FA. And make it budget-friendly, because Tre is going to break the bank in a couple of years. Keep your own, then worry about bringing in new guys. 

Edited by Dave Allen

I voted WR, but the O line could use some shoring up, as well as Edge, overall the O side should be getting more love from BB & SM than the D side, this off season, that’s jmo.

Go Bills!!!