Top Offseason Priorities

GreggTX

What is our #1 offseason priority?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What is our #1 offseason priority?

• OL
    • WR
    • TE
    • RB
    • Edge Rusher
    • CB
    • LB
    • QB
    • S
    • Other

I call them money players. We need them. Playmakers. WR, RB, and edge. We need elite talent here. I'de like to take care of edge in free agency because those guys are hard to find.

Draft WR and RB in the 1st 2 rounds. 

I'de like to see them bring back the OL. Add a  rookie OT to compete.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

What is you top offseason priority? Mine is OT, but WR is a close 2nd. We need to run the ball more and Ford is a serious liability. Move him inside and maybe he can be effective, but I don't think his ceiling is very high.

Agreed.  We NEED to add at least one really good WR threat. Along the OL, I think there’s multiple spots that could be upgraded or added to.  I believe RT is our biggest need mainly because I really hope Cody Ford and Nsekhe aren’t our RTs again.  Ty is solid when healthy.....but I don’t have much confidence that he’ll be healthy come playoffs next seasons. Morse and Feliciano are solid.  While Spain will either get a nice payday or be replaced by ford or Feliciano.  My hope is resign Spain to another team friendly deal, but that probably won’t happen, so I’m ok rolling with Ford and Feliciano at guard with long as backup.  Dawkins is a good dude.  Decent LT.  Loves the city.  Hard to move on from him, but tough to pay him 14+ mill a year imo.  If we could get a 2nd for him, I’d pull the trigger and draft his replacement with that pick 

Edited by NewEra

I didn’t vote as we have several needs and difficult to ascertain which is the most important.  I respectfully disagree on the O Line as they gave him over three seconds on most plays.  Ford needs to improve, but most lineman take a couple of years to develop.  For me, we do need a play making WR like a Julio Jones, a DE, battering ram RB to compliment Singletary, and a replacement for Alexander.  Between extending the right players, between free agency and the draft, all of these needs can be addressed and still hold back a little each year as Allen’s contract will be substantial in two to three years, if he ends up being the guy.

Oh, and I like Allen, but want to see him improve with each year to pay him that large contract.

I picked edge rusher, only because I know they’re adding to the offensive line, receiver and running back groups. We will absolutely acquire talent one way or another at those positions. I’m not sold they can get an actual good/great pass rusher though. I’m not on the Yannick or clowney train I don’t want either. That doesn’t leave a ton of realistic options to bring in

Edit...  ??? at whoever picked quarterback as the number one priority 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wide Receiver has to be #1.

McDermott has shown He can manufacture a decent amount of pressure rotating in guys like Eddie Yarbrough and Trent Murphy. Even if they don’t get a premier talent, they’ll survive.

But the league is about offense and we’ve got a #2 and #3 WR. Duke, McKenzie and Foster are all due to be upgraded. And one of those upgrades should be a guy who downgrades Brown and Beasley from 1/2 down to 2/3.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Watching our Oline get blown up on the pass rush was a huge hindrance to the offense.

This happened at times, but also I saw us blocking 8 rushers with 7 lineman where nobody could beat single coverage or make a contested catch for a long gain.  I think having someone like AJ Green on the field stops teams from playing cover zero on critical 3rd downs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

This happened at times, but also I saw us blocking 8 rushers with 7 lineman where nobody could beat single coverage or make a contested catch for a long gain.  I think having someone like AJ Green on the field stops teams from playing cover zero on critical 3rd downs.

This. 

We need a WR or two that Allen can lock onto when teams give him that look.   We didn’t have that, and/or Allen didn’t trust anyone to win a contested ball outside Duke, who we had just activated. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

As much as  we desperately need a big dynamic WR. Watching our Oline get blown up on the pass rush was a huge hindrance to the offense. 

That being said i believe they will address both of these issues as well as the other needs.

8 defenders, 5 linemen: what else would you expect? It was stupid play calling not strictly poor line play. 

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

Wide Receiver has to be #1.

McDermott has shown He can manufacture a decent amount of pressure rotating in guys like Eddie Yarbrough and Trent Murphy. Even if they don’t get a premier talent, they’ll survive.

But the league is about offense and we’ve got a #2 and #3 WR. Duke, McKenzie and Foster are all due to be upgraded. And one of those upgrades should be a guy who downgrades Brown and Beasley from 1/2 down to 2/3.

I think this it.  A true WR1 would be, imo, the biggest improvement to the team as a whole.  I think they draft a guy in the first to grow with Allen and Singletary.  Also, they sign a free agent WR to give them another experienced WR.

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Ideal order (if possible)... WR, Edge, LB, OL, RB

Any receiver with the ability to separate and catch the ball when thrown at them. A Kenneth Davis type RB to pair with Motor. A Aaron Schobel type pass rushing DE. I'll be happy with this scenario 

Edited by the skycap

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

Easily WR for me. Sign Perriman and draft Shenault or Higgins. RT would be my next priority and would absolutely love to land Conklin. It's time to stop relying on our Defense to win games.

1st....Shenault (wr)

2nd...Jefferson (wr)

3rd....Harris (rb)

4th....OL.         5th......OL

FA....Ngakoue + Conklin

• Like (+1) 1