Hyde and Poyer - Disappointing stats.

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Missed tackles in big moments.  See playoffs.  See new England game.  Worse stats.  What else ya want. 

Missed tackles are fair, though every player misses some so you need some season to season comparator to say “regressed”

Stats for a safety are problematic because of their role.  The better the rest of the D, the worse their stats

On 1/11/2020 at 8:05 AM, CommonCents said:

I think the Bills led the league in plays allowed over 30 yards. Before the Houston game they had quite a streak going. I can’t remember exactly how long it was but the stat was floating around playoff week.

The safeties are a big part of that. I hope both guys are around long term. 

Not saying you're wrong about the Bills leading the league in pass plays allowed over 30 yards, but just in the last few weeks of the season, Pittsburgh had 1 and the Pats had 2 against us.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:27 AM, Happy Days said:

They only combined for 5 pass breakups and 3 ints. Those are pretty disappointing numbers this season. 

The only team that had as few of pass breakups from their safeties in the AFC as The Bills was The Colts. Did not look up the NFC

This is football not Madden 

Obviously Tre White didn't need much help. Levi Wallace had a sophmore slump.  But could it possibly be that while the Bills run D was atrocious for part of the season,  the safeties were playing as deep linebackers and staying planted on most plays to prevent big runs? Can't remember right now if this was the exact situation,  but this would make sense as to why their stats took a hit.