Bills Fan Travels to Baltimore To Confront Jerry Coleman

9 hours ago, Ryanh said:

So........

First thank you for the supporters. Second thank you for the criticism. I believe someone should stand up for the weak.  Cyber bullies have made it so severe that their victims have actually killed themselves. To call me unstable because I wanted to stand up for those who can’t or won’t is just What Millennials would say. When I was growing up if you picked on someone you better be able to handle your ***** talking. I simple wanted to establish a conversation on why he thought his behavior was okay. 

mind you..... I spent my money, my time, my resources. Not anyone else’s. I haven’t asked for anything monetarily, or anything crazy. I simple wanted to show Bullies can’t bully someone face to face. 

just figured I clear the air.thanks.

The internet, social media, and smartphones have created a societal crisis. A crisis in which we are losing connection to one another as we communicate from behind screens. It allows for people to avoid real confrontation and uncomfortable emotions because through a screen you can say anything you want and not see the reaction of the other person in front of you. This is why we have no problem fighting to the death on the internet, but greet those same people on the street with a smile.

Honestly, I have no idea who this Coleman guy is, I didn’t see or hear what he said, and I don’t care. My opinion is that real inner strength is when some idiot can say something stupid and you can laugh it off because you know it’s bull####. But, I would also say if you want to confront someone, then the way you did it is the only way, and I admire your courage! The moment you lost was when you played his twitter game as opposed to just blindsiding him. Nonetheless I think you got your message across.

Love,

An old millennial/young Gen X

Edited by CheshireCT
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My thing - everyone is tough on their phone.  And yes - this guy was running his mouth.  I would never comfortably insult people like this guy, and he's like a (relatively) public figure.  He also has an incredibly thin skin to just let people get to him with insults - DMing strangers and reporting them?  I thought you were a tough baltimore guy!  You can apologize, or you can literally do nothing and it will go away.  Instead he kept provoking people, and then baltimore lost which just resulted in even MORE confrontations.  Just spiraled out of control.  

Either way - flying to baltimore to fight him is crazy.  Don't do that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

The internet, social media, and smartphones have created a societal crisis. A crisis in which we are losing connection to one another as we communicate from behind screens. It allows for people to avoid real confrontation and uncomfortable emotions because through a screen you can say anything you want and not see the reaction of the other person in front of you. This is why we have no problem fighting to the death on the internet, but greet those same people on the street with a smile.

Honestly, I have no idea who this Coleman guy is, I didn’t see or hear what he said, and I don’t care. My opinion is that real inner strength is when some idiot can say something stupid and you can laugh it off because you know it’s bull####. But, I would also say if you want to confront someone, then the way you did it is the only way, and I admire your courage! The moment you lost was when you played his twitter game as opposed to just blindsiding him. Nonetheless I think you got your message across.

Love,

A late millennial/early Gen X

From a sixty year old boomer ? you stated the issue beautifully, and concisely, thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Love,

That would have been great.. just meet him at his favorite lunch spot.  "OMG are you jerry coleman?!" and of course he's like "yeah" cuz he thinks hes super famous... then WHAM knockout punch. and get out of baltimore.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ryanh said:

So........

First thank you for the supporters. Second thank you for the criticism. I believe someone should stand up for the weak.  Cyber bullies have made it so severe that their victims have actually killed themselves. To call me unstable because I wanted to stand up for those who can’t or won’t is just What Millennials would say. When I was growing up if you picked on someone you better be able to handle your ***** talking. I simple wanted to establish a conversation on why he thought his behavior was okay. 

mind you..... I spent my money, my time, my resources. Not anyone else’s. I haven’t asked for anything monetarily, or anything crazy. I simple wanted to show Bullies can’t bully someone face to face. 

just figured I clear the air.thanks.

Oorah

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

I didn't want anything criminal to happen to Coleman or his family, I just wanted him to get his arse kicked, and be taught a lesson to stop being a jackarse online.

Assault is a criminal offense, sir. Traveling over 1000 miles to commit an assault would likely meet the definition of premeditation which turns it into aggravated assault which is not only criminal, it's a felony.

Edited by That's No Moon

5 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Love,

We should all try to live by the credo, “don’t say anything to somebody in cyberspace that you wouldn’t say in person.” Far, far easier said than done as we’ve all reached our limits at certain points, but something to strive for nonetheless. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We should all try to live by the credo, “don’t say anything to somebody in cyberspace that you wouldn’t say in person.” Far, far easier said than done as we’ve all reached our limits at certain points, but something to strive for nonetheless. 

I agree 100%.  This is something I haven't always lived up to but now I'm making a much stronger effort to live up to it and being a lot shittier to people in real life.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1