Bills Fan Travels to Baltimore To Confront Jerry Coleman

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Coleman is a radio personality---they are ALL paid to blabber stupid stuff.

Countless ones have called every city/fanbase losers.  How often does one of those fans document his idiotic John David Hinkley obsession online?

Free speech had exactly the right repercussion for this moron.  

It was more than the the “loser” comment.  He started DM’ing Bills fans and media and institgated conflicted.  

According to John Wawrow of the AP, he forward screen shots of the DM’s off pissed off fans to their employers.  

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

I heard him on the FAN a couple mornings this week on the way to work. Each time he had at least one thing bad to say about Buffalo. Dude is really triggered, and I don't think this incident will calm him down. :lol:

I think he will calm down.  It sounded like he was scared shitless

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think this a little over the top. The whole situation in general BUT I have to applaud the Bills fan for having the courage to actually want to confront the guy face to face. 
It’s easy to say stuff to people through a keyboard. He was willing to back it up and double down in person.

Doing so he probably went too far BUT again he stood by his convictions. 

Yeah, it's a LOT over the top if you ask me.... I agree wholeheartedly that the radio host is a chicken**** willing to write a check with his mouth and fingers that his "intestinal fortitude" can't cash.  But when a guy buys a plane ticket and gets on a plane just to go "have a conversation" ..... that's def. going too far.

It's not just courage of convictions, it's a seemingly illogical and over-the-top expenditure of time and monetary resources, that makes it a challenge to trust that the rest of the interaction would be within the bounds of normal social behavior.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It was more than the the “loser” comment.  He started DM’ing Bills fans and media and institgated conflicted.  

According to John Wawrow of the AP, he forward screen shots of the DM’s off pissed off fans to their employers.  

So what?  Who gets caught up in this other than borderline characters?  Who does this?

Coleman's goal was to goad guys like into making total fools of themselves.  Mission. accomplished.  Useful idiot.

Edited by Mr. WEO

There’s something to be said about being held accountable. This is an extreme situation but honestly if the guys radio station doesn’t hold him accountable and he can run his mouth this stuff should happen. There’s lines between being a “radio personality” and being a real A-hole. Most of these people should not be in private messages with fans or critics. That’s when things escalate. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

meh,  I'm sure Coleman saw this coming and told his bros..."watch this" as he called the cops.

This does seem to be "the wrong Marine".  Embarrassment

Well I am only an Army guy and wasn’t going to fly to Baltimore. But he also told me via DM I must not have paid a lot for my wife. Sorry he gets personal and then cried like a little B word. When someone decided to go see him. 

I am too nice though because I had the response written and then just blocked him. But the response was written and it was It must suck being irrelevant to even your mom. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Could be. I'd rather see Buffalo and Bills fans living rent-free inside his head for a lot longer.:D

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

There’s something to be said about being held accountable. This is an extreme situation but honestly if the guys radio station doesn’t hold him accountable and he can run his mouth this stuff should happen. There’s lines between being a “radio personality” and being a real A-hole. Most of these people should not be in private messages with fans or critics. That’s when things escalate. 

That and then take it to Social media against numerous, numerous people is just stupidity on every level. Then has the balls to try to get people in trouble with their employment made it 100% personal. 

The whole thing is crazy. 

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

I heard him on the FAN a couple mornings this week on the way to work. Each time he had at least one thing bad to say about Buffalo. Dude is really triggered, and I don't think this incident will calm him down. :lol:

I’m rooting against the Ravens for one reason only. Him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I know where he works down here. He isn’t hurting for the 200 dollar flight from Sanford to BWI

Even for truly wealthy people, $200 is money you could spend in a lot more beneficial ways than flying off to confront some radio Ass.

I know a food pantry and a StVdePaul that could both benefit lots of folks with that $$

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well I am only an Army guy and wasn’t going to fly to Baltimore. But he also told me via DM I must not have paid a lot for my wife. Sorry he gets personal and then cried like a little B word. When someone decided to go see him. 

I am too nice though because I had the response written and then just blocked him. But the response was written and it was It must suck being irrelevant to even your mom. 

he was trying tom play you.  It didn't work.  You ignored him.

This other guy put the hook right into his own mouth---and told the world about it.....all to the sheer delight of Coleman, no doubt.

It was too easy.  In the end, this "fan" ended up looking the fool to the world, clueless the entire time that he was manipulated into making whole fanbase look like losers.  Better off posting more table jumpers...

Just now, MAJBobby said:

he probably didn’t even spend money actually probably used miles

He likely doesn't get out often enough to get them miles...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he was trying to play you.  It didn't work.  You ignored him.

This other guy put the hook right into his own mouth---and told the world about it.....all to the sheer delight of Coleman, no doubt.

It was too easy.  In the end, this "fan" ended up looking the fool to the world, clueless the entire time that he was manipulated into making whole fanbase look like losers.  Better off posting more table jumpers...

He likely doesn't get out often enough to get them miles...

Bolded - That doesn't work in the real world with everyone. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I get it. I really am not defending him flying up. But I also understand how former Military that has been away from family a lot get really touchy about family. Like at a entire new level

ooo I am sure if his employer sees this they won’t be happy. Not a good look for a major defense contractor 

Who is his employer?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So what?  Who gets caught up in this other than borderline characters?  Who does this?

Coleman's goal was to goad guys like into making total fools of themselves.  Mission. accomplished.  Useful idiot.

It’s pretty nuts to actually board a plane to try and go talk to the moron but if he was really taking the time to screenshot off twitter and track down peoples employers, he’s just as nuts.

11 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

That and then take it to Social media against numerous, numerous people is just stupidity on every level. Then has the balls to try to get people in trouble with their employment made it 100% personal. 

The whole thing is crazy. 

Obviously the marine is going the extra mile to make a situation out of this. But I think he should. I don’t want him getting in trouble or hurting the guy or nothing but I think it’s a valuable lesson. For players, announcers, fans, the things you say (type) can have consequences. I like the fact the fan documented everything, that tells me he was proving a point like he says and wasn’t going to hurt the guy. A real crazy takes that flight, says nothing, and catches that guy on the way to his car one night. I hope this story gets big national attention to raise awareness, although it’ll become more of a joke than how serious it could have been. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

It’s pretty nuts to actually board a plane to try and go talk to the moron but if he was really taking the time to screenshot off twitter and track down peoples employers, he’s just as nuts.

That's his job as a "provocative radio personality"...to prod nutty fanatics

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Obviously the marine is going the extra mile to make a situation out of this. But I think he should. I don’t want him getting in trouble or hurting the guy or nothing but I think it’s a valuable lesson. For players, announcers, fans, the things you say (type) can have consequences. I like the fact the fan documented everything, that tells me he was proving a point like he says and wasn’t going to hurt the guy. A real crazy takes that flight, says nothing, and catches that guy on the way to his car one night. I hope this story gets big national attention to raise awareness, although it’ll become more of a joke than how serious it could have been. 

What lesson did Coleman learn?  That he could make another man make a total fool of himself in front off the entire internet.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What lesson did Coleman learn?  That he could make another man make a total fool of himself in front off the entire internet.

That NEXT  time maybe they don’t document and warn him on social media when he gets personal in private messages and crosses the line. He’s supposed to be a professional in this situation. Say what you say on radio or social media, but when you start getting into private messages things get a little more personal and crazy.