Free agent RBS and WR’s

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3 year 15M. Not big money is it. Henry is gonna get Zeke Elliot money. 

Gordon isn’t signing a small deal either. His hold out made that perfectly clear. 

will never live up to the contract he is gonna get not even close 

i definitely think you are wrong henry will do for us what ingram did for the ravens

12 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

I think Duke revealed something to our management... Josh trusts big WR's.

Not sure we can sign someone who is a big, fast, WR1 so perhaps we end up doing what Beane tends to do, and we move up in the draft to grab one.

Should we draft one, then my guess is we sign a RB who is steady and can pound the rock - 100% we will not over pay though so probably won't be a Henry/Gordon type guy.

He was definately throwing balls to Kelvin Benjamin all over the place....KB just didnt catch them

I would rather spend cap dollars on a mid-level or lower veteran between the tackles RB or a mid-round pick. I like Yeldon as depth and Singletary as the lead back so I don't think RB is a major need worthy of sinking big cap dollars into. Henry would be an amazing add but at 10+ million aav for a position that deprecates quickly is not what the Bills should commit to. I wouldn't mind signing Carlos Hyde to a one year 4.5 million dollar deal or another veteran runner to that type of deal or just go with a RB in round 4ish. 

As far as free agent WR's Amari Cooper will be the big name but at nearly 20 million aav I would pass if he hits the market, he is good but also drops a lot of passes and disappears in a lot of games. AJ Green is the other big name but he has been often injured in recent years and while I would love to have him on a one year deal (even at 10+ million) I think he wants a longer commitment. Larry Fitzgerald can still contribute but I think the team needs more pop and speed as opposed to a solid possession receiver. E.Sanders is an interesting option but certainly older and on the smaller side. The only other names that could be interesting are Robby Anderson and Perriman. 

I would go after either Anderson or Perriman on higher one year deals (even if it cost 10 million) to bridge a rookie draft pick and provide depth as opposed to spending big on Cooper or Green or to a lesser extend Sanders. Even if Anderson came at a larger commitment I would be interested in seeing what he has to offer as he is a 6 foot 3 speedster who has produced decently on some awful offenses. 

Another more interesting way to go about it would be to add some pop to the skill position core by going after a top tightend. I like Knox long term but it would be good to let him develop for one more year as a backup as opposed to forcing him in over his head. I think Hunter Henry on a one year deal at about 7.5 million would be a smart add and then you can go WR in round 1 while going RB in round 3 or 4 and then fill a defensive need in round 2. 

Overall I think the free agency dollars are going to be spent on the defense and retaining the team’s own free agents. I think they add a CB2 and a prime time pass rusher via free agency and then turn the attention of the draft to address WR, O-line, and RB with maybe one or two mid-level offensive signings to boost areas of depth/role players. 

Either way I think McBeane should make an effort to improve the team significantly but without making more than 1-2 major big commitments. 

1 minute ago, tcampbell104 said:

i definitely think you are wrong henry will do for us what ingram did for the ravens

Not at Zeke Elliots money. He will never perform to that contract. 

so signing a RB to Zeke Elliots money that means Singletary is on the Bench watching as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE IT, but I’m afraid it will be too rich. Certainly consider it. 

It is most peoples fear- if we did go after him no more than 3 years.

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3 year 15M. Not big money is it. Henry is gonna get Zeke Elliot money. 

Gordon isn’t signing a small deal either. His hold out made that perfectly clear. 

will never live up to the contract he is gonna get not even close 

I don’t see him getting a L. Bell type of deal but a good one nonetheless. 3 years is pretty safe but I hear the concerns when you can get a fresh rb in the draft on the cheap.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather kick Ford inside to take over for Spain if the team is going to sign Conklin. The O-line with Ty, Long, Bates and others still has tons of quality depth. 

the way morse and allen talked about spain i think they will try to resign him

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's exactly what I'd do. Release Yeldon and let Gore retire. Devin RB1, Kenyan RB2 and develop Najee as their apparent RB2 after Drake leaves.

I agree with the premise here, but there are 31 other teams who also know that Drake had a great finish to the season and that Harris is a good back to find in the draft between rounds 2 and 5.

the way morse and allen talked about spain i think they will try to resign him

I think they make an effort to resign Spain I also don't think they are going to make a move for Conklin. I think they like Ford and view Ty as a nice option. Ford improved a lot as the season went on, give him another off-season to learn and work on things (he was considered to be a bit raw coming out of the draft) and I think he improves. Better to spend the free agency dollars elsewhere in my opinion. Although I will never ever hate spending more on the o-line I do understand why they wouldn't go after Conklin. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

6 years 90M 50m gtd is Zekes contract. 

so Henry is going to be close to that. You think with his running style he would live up to just about QB money?

i think he will be the difference maker this team needs . back loading his contract and getting creative could make it work

4 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

i think he will be the difference maker this team needs . back loading his contract and getting creative could make it work

guess what happens if you give Devin Singletary 303 Runs in 2019?  You get a RB that leads the league in Rushing. 

both AVG 5.1 YPC. 

Singletary also has a higher 1st down percentage. 

Henry 9 20+

Singletary 7 20+. 

guess what we have that difference maker on the team. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

haha he is not big enough for that. that is totally absurd!

You know this how?  He doesn’t take big hits. Is very powerful. Runs compact. Hell Henry takes Bigger hits than Singletary. 

Singletary offers EVERYTHING Henry does in terms of production this year except the TDs. But Josh Hawked a lot of them away

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

arguing with someone like you is like talking to a brick wall, it's crazy and useless

You have yet to post one Stat that can contradict me claim. 

I actually did post backup. 

here is some more. 

151 Attempts, 12.6 per game 775 yards 5.1 ypc, 2TDs, 24.5% 1st down percentage, 7 20+ runs, 4 fumbles (1 lost), 41tgts, 29 Rec, 194 yards, 2 TDs, 70.7% catch rate.

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You have yet to post one Stat that can contradict me claim. 

I actually did post backup. 

no you didn't  henry is a between the tackles runner totaly different whats with the me claim are you a pirate

Edited by tcampbell104