Free agent RBS and WR’s

50 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

it woked out pretty well for the ravens with ingram rb

He’s a relatively average paid back. Not even break the bank. Would’ve loved the signing last year paired with a rookie. 

Would have to look at the class but he’s more high end Kenyan Drake than Melvin Gordon contract wise though. Not sure there’s a good comparable in this years group 

Beane is never going to sign a FA RB, that’s what the 3rd or 4th round is for. FA WR maybe but only if the money is right,, again the draft is more likely, Beane just doesn’t work that way it would seem. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I think a more prudent approach this year in free agency is to go quality over quantity. If Beane believes there is a guy better than what we currently have at any position of need, they sign them early in the process. If not, just wait until after the crazy spending stops...then spend money on value depth types players that bring either a vet leadership presence or experience to help the youth of the team. 

That being said, i'd like for us to look at getting one of those top TE's in FA to pair with Knox and Sweeney. This will allow Knox to learn from a true #1 TE and Sweeney can replace Lee Smith as the #3. Daboll can now focus the offensive approach to a more ball controlled playaction type offense with 2 athletic TE's to threaten the seems & red zone. We can upgrade the speed outside with maybe a guy like Phillip Dorsett while the young rookie wideouts develop in spot duty...these weapons give Josh a plethora of options to get this offense going regardless of the opponent.

Go get a starting RT, move Cody Ford to RG (he can also play RT if needed)...re-sign Spain and draft a C-G (although I think McBeane likes Bates in this swing spot) and the OL is set, imo.

I would not sign a high price WR or RB in FA at all...a vet RB like Hyde, MacKinnon or Drake would be ok, if the value is there. But I do like Najee Harris (Alabama) because  he's a big athletic back w/ great hands out of the backfield and he may be there in the 3rd-4th rd.

I would place high value on an edge rusher in FA if one is available but don't overpay...I believe Edge & WR are our #1 targets in this draft. The draft is also deep for middle LB's, I would love to move Edmunds to the SLB and get an instinctive inside guy (not in the 1st rd) to replace him in the middle. 

Really like Drake as FA target.. I think there is too much emphasis on a bruising back and not enuf on a complete back. Drake can run with power but he is fast with good burst and has a gear Singletary does not have. Drake is very good receiving out of the backfield. The two of them together would give the Bills a lot of top tier talent at the position. Probably not something the Bills would pursue and Drake will probably be signed by Zona.

• Like (+1) 1

Offensive line is far more important.

Conklin and Scherff please.

I can't believe how many people are so obsessed with RBs on this board. It's the one position I'd never waste valuable assets on (aka cap room or high draft picks).

Edited by suorangefan4

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Draft Najee Harris in the 3rd and sign Kenyan Drake to a lower end vet contract. Henry and Gordon are going to want way more than we should ever invest. McCoy will be the last big $ RB we will sign for many years.

With the last 5 or 6 games that Drake put together, he isn't going to sign a lower end vet contract.  Cardinals will probably pay to keep him and send David Johnson down the road.  Harris would be a great pick in the third round.  I agree that Beane will not be signing any big dollar RB's in the future.  If Beane is going to look for a lower cost power back, Jordan Howard might be a guy that gets some consideration.  Philly may cut him loose with the emergence of Sanders.

29 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

With the last 5 or 6 games that Drake put together, he isn't going to sign a lower end vet contract.  Cardinals will probably pay to keep him and send David Johnson down the road.  Harris would be a great pick in the third round.  I agree that Beane will not be signing any big dollar RB's in the future.  If Beane is going to look for a lower cost power back, Jordan Howard might be a guy that gets some consideration.  Philly may cut him loose with the emergence of Sanders.

Come to think of it Drake probably won't bite on a low ball offer. Still love to get him. We're not wasting big cake on Henry.  Najee is the true target.  We land this kid with Devin, we're set at RB for years.

• Like (+1) 2

Draft a wr and another rb, bring in a fa wr and rb. Wonder what Perriman will get in free agency? 6'2" 215 and he can absolutely fly, 4.33 40. He played really well as #1 when Evans and Godwin were down.

If the Bills don't wanna spend on fa rb they could probably bring Jonathan Williams back for cheap while breaking in another rookie. He looked really good filling in for Mack this year. He runs with some power and agility, also good catching passes out of backfield. I think he is definitely an upgrade over any of the backup rbs.

Draft class is reportedly loaded at both positions so it's unlikely they sign a big name free agent.  Reasonable contracts could be offered for guys like Jordan Howard or Demarcus Robinson if the Bills don't want to go that route.  Don't sleep on Christian Wade.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You just really don’t need to ever pay Runningbacks. It’s time to realize that.

Well, that depends.

Tennessee will and should pay Derrick Henry.  He is the best RB in football currently, the best player on their team and his contract is up.  They have no other choice.  He is the Tennessee Titans identity.

He isn't going to hit the market, no way no how.  I'm not sure why the discussion is even taking place, but if he were, it wouldn't make financial sense for a team like Buffalo to sign him to be a 1-2 punch with Singletary.

The guy Buffalo should be looking at is Jordan Howard.  It's a perfect fit.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Offensive line is far more important.

Conklin and Scherff please.

I can't believe how many people are so obsessed with RBs on this board. It's the one position I'd never waste valuable assets on (aka cap room or high draft picks).

Tend to agree. I do like Singletary a lot. OL looked overmatched at times although much improved from the previous year especially pass blocking. Morse wasn't much of a step up which was disappointing. Ford will get better, but I'd like to see us add at least one starter from FA. 

For what it's worth, overall these guys have us as average. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019