Free agent RBS and WR’s

Never pay top dollar to a UFA RB you will not get your value. 

yes can get a top flight WR (I would rather draft one) and listening to Beane the draft is where he plans on addressing WR

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 5

I’d like to draft a RB like Henry. Much better than paying the big RB bucks, but a bruiser to go with Singletary would be fun to watch. I’d also like to sign a FA WR as well as draft one in the first or second round. 

But what do I know? I’ll trust our FO to get this pretty much right, and unless it’s KB egregious, I won’t use hindsight to second guess them. (YES, that KB deal still stings a bit.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

I would give Henry the big money. Beane works his wizardry and leaves an out after 2 years,  sure pay him. But he’s never getting out of Tennessee. Melvin Gordon is the kind of player you definitely don’t pay. More than likely you may find similar players to Carlos Hyde after the draft just floating around waiting on that one year prove it deal cause nobody wants to commit. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Never pay top dollar to a UFA RB you will not get your value. 

yes can get a top flight WR (I would rather draft one) and listening to Beane the draft is where he plans on addressing WR

it woked out pretty well for the ravens with ingram rb

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d like to draft a RB like Henry. Much better than paying the big RB bucks, but a bruiser to go with Singletary would be fun to watch. I’d also like to sign a FA WR as well as draft on in the first or second round. 

But what do I know? I’ll trust our FO to get this pretty much right, and unless it’s KB egregious, I won’t used hindsight to second guess them. (YES, that KB deal still stings a bit.) 

Typically I am all for sticking to drafting RB’s but Henry makes my thoughts go across the grain. This dude is an animal and I would love to see him punish the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

3 year 15M. Not big money is it. Henry is gonna get Zeke Elliot money. 

Gordon isn’t signing a small deal either. His hold out made that perfectly clear. 

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Typically I am all for sticking to drafting RB’s but Henry makes my thoughts go across the grain. This dude is an animal and I would love to see him punish the Patriots. 

will never live up to the contract he is gonna get not even close 

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE IT, but I’m afraid it will be too rich. Certainly consider it. 

7 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

Is Henry going to sign a 3 year 15M deal?

Gordon?

find me a back that will take that deal and then I will tell you if I would do it. 

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Draft Najee Harris in the 3rd and sign Kenyan Drake to a lower end vet contract. Henry and Gordon are going to want way more than we should ever invest. McCoy will be the last big $ RB we will sign for many years.

Drake probably would sign a 3 year 15M deal (ingrams) and I would do that. Releasing Yeldon and the loss of Gores 2M already just about pay the 5M AVV

I think Duke revealed something to our management... Josh trusts big WR's.

Not sure we can sign someone who is a big, fast, WR1 so perhaps we end up doing what Beane tends to do, and we move up in the draft to grab one.

Should we draft one, then my guess is we sign a RB who is steady and can pound the rock - 100% we will not over pay though so probably won't be a Henry/Gordon type guy.

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Draft Najee Harris in the 3rd and sign Kenyan Drake to a lower end vet contract. Henry and Gordon are going to want way more than we should ever invest. McCoy will be the last big $ RB we will sign for many years.

We didn't sign McCoy, we traded for him.

3 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

We didn't sign McCoy, we traded for him.

Even worse. 
Joking.

FA wide  receiver like Cooper or AJ Green, I’m all for. Plus one in the draft.

Running back in the draft. Find another one similar to Singletary to split time with. Having two back who can run and catch out of the backfield is very tough for a defense. Imagine if when Gore came in, it was just a fresh Singletary. 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Is Henry going to sign a 3 year 15M deal?

Gordon?

find me a back that will take that deal and then I will tell you if I would do it. 

Drake probably would sign a 3 year 15M deal (ingrams) and I would do that. Releasing Yeldon and the loss of Gores 2M already just about pay the 5M AVV

That's exactly what I'd do. Release Yeldon and let Gore retire. Devin RB1, Kenyan RB2 and develop Najee as their apparent RB2 after Drake leaves.

• Like (+1) 2