Tim Graham reports Beane says Tom Brady would be Josh Allen’s Backup

MAJBobby

17 minutes ago, HOF4LOU said:

Tom will go to LA for a 3 yr - zillion dollar deal and live in Beverly Hills. No doubt about it.

Chargers needs fans for their new stadium

I genuinely doubt he's dumb enough to go to the Chargers. First of all, there's no guarantee he wins. Rivers didn't turn into a schittshow over night. They have no line. As a result, the minute he plays the Patriots* in the new LA stadium and it's filled with nothing bt Pats* fans yelling at him, he'll fall to his knees like Brett Favre watching Strahan get a sack record.

21 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Brady looked horrible this year. I think if he plays another year that he retires halfway through the season.

Yes, and one thing I was surprised to see in every game of his I watched, were plays where, to avoid a sack, he would just toss the ball in the air while in a defender’s grasp. They looked like plays a rookie would make.  It was amazing he wasn’t intercepted more.

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well sign him, open up a camp competition, and let’s find out then!

Good thing NPeterman isn’t here to embarrass Brady.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But what about the hotels?

Buy the Darwin Martin house, board Brady and family there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

No one said that. Beane said Brady would be a back-up, which is probably accurate, but what else do you expect him to say? Why stir up any internal controversy over a stupid hypothetical question?  p.s. Brady would have died behind our line this year, and or thrown the ball away 20 times a game.

I am glad Beane didn't take the bait.

We aren’t looking to replace Allen with anyone, it was a stupid question to press. Also, Brady would beat a 0 blitz ten times out of ten, so the line comparison isn’t fair.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What else did they talk about?

I put some of it in another thread.  Strong expressions of support for Josh Allen: flat out said  "I'll ride or die with Josh Allen" and "I can do a better job with giving him weapons to where he doesn't feel as though he's got to put the whole team on his back"  Was  asked about adding an insurance policy QB at QB as Tenn. did with acquiring Mariota when they have Tannehill.  Flat out said that you do that when you're not sure you have the guy, and that they're operating believing Josh is the guy and they're going to put all their resources in to putting pieces around him.

Similar kind of stuff about FA to what's been posted elsewhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 1