Tim Graham reports Beane says Tom Brady would be Josh Allen’s Backup

MAJBobby

Lol Brady and that ego... Is anyone actually considering he will even talk to any team not on bended knee to give him a starting job? 
That guy is not going to a team to “win a job” he’s being handed a starting spot or he’s not going. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Oh, that was so beautiful.

Tim Graham pushes the Bean-ster hard on "Wouldja?" with regard to Tom Brady: "What interest would you have in bringing in Tom Brady as the QB of the Buffalo Bills?"

Beane isn't having it.  He laughs and says "I'm not going there.  He's a member of the Patriots. I'm not even going there"

Graham won't leave him alone: "I think it would be an interesting idea, but I guess we'll have to leave it at that".

At which point Brandon Beane opens up with both barrels: "I don't think Tom Brady is going to a team to not play.  I don't think he's coming to a team to be a backup."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 10

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

will he sign for 8-9M. That is would I think the Max Beane would pay a BU. 

Not bloody likely!!

I highly doubt he would want to come here regardless of the dollar amount or spot on the depth chart, what with the whole hotel thing and all ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, that was so beautiful.

Tim Graham pushes the Bean-ster hard on "Wouldja?" with regard to Tom Brady: "What interest would you have in bringing in Tom Brady as the QB of the Buffalo Bills?"

Beane isn't having it.  He laughs and says "I'm not going there.  He's a member of the Patriots. I'm not even going there"

Graham won't leave him alone: "I think it would be an interesting idea, but I guess we'll have to leave it at that".

At which point Brandon Beane opens up with both barrels: "I don't think Tom Brady is going to a team to not play.  I don't think he's coming to a team to be a backup."

Sounds like a polite way of saying the idea is idiotic.

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

So any QB we bring in will be a backup for the guy we drafted in Top 10 two years ago. Got it

Allen is clearly still there guy and Brady is at Best a very short term solution.

22 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Not bloody likely!!

I highly doubt he would want to come here regardless of the dollar amount or spot on the depth chart, what with the whole hotel thing and all ;)

Could you imagine throwing female fun toys at our BU QB? ;) 

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well sign him, open up a camp competition, and let’s find out then!

When Beane says Brady would be a backup, what he means is that the Bills have absolutely zero intention to pursue him in any capacity and he will never be a Bill, at which point, it doesn't hurt to blow some sunshine straight up Josh Allen's &#*.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

So any QB we bring in will be a backup for the guy we drafted in Top 10 two years ago. Got it

No one said that. Beane said Brady would be a back-up, which is probably accurate, but what else do you expect him to say? Why stir up any internal controversy over a stupid hypothetical question?  p.s. Brady would have died behind our line this year, and or thrown the ball away 20 times a game.

I am glad Beane didn't take the bait.

• Thank you (+1) 1