Shaq Lawson wants "that cash"

Reed83HOF

57 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No way Shaq settles for a 2 yr contract. 

I would tag Shaq or Phillips. They are not worth that amount of money but for one year they csn afford it if a long term deal can't be reached.

I'd offer 1 at 8 if that's the case. He did just watch Phillips take a 1 year deal to bump his value.

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

Does this say his motivation was the $$$? Does he turn back into years 1-3 Shaq after he gets paid? That's the question. 

100%, yes. For sure. Dude only turned it on in the contract year. Odds are in favor that Shaq will revert back to draft bust form after he gets his cash.

Edited by WildBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I would rather take all the money we would give him or Phillips and try to lure Amari Cooper to Buffalo.  This team will never make a run with the current receiving corp.  No know on Brown, he has played above expectations, but all the pass rush in the world will not give Allen any more targets.  The talent on the offense has improved but is still well below playoff or championship caliber.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No way Shaq settles for a 2 yr contract. 

I would tag Shaq or Phillips. They are not worth that amount of money but for one year they csn afford it if a long term deal can't be reached.

You’re going to tag Shaq at over $19,000,000 for one season?

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Does this say his motivation was the $$$? Does he turn back into years 1-3 Shaq after he gets paid? That's the question. 

His rate of improvement has been consistent from the first day he showed up. I don’t think motivation needs to be a question.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Billl said:

You’re going to tag Shaq at over $19,000,000 for one season?

Exactly. Pursue an upgrade or replace with a similar but less expensive player. Shaq isn’t worth game changer money. He’s developed into a nice player, but not what you’d hope for given his draft position. Some team might overpay Lawson, but the Bills should not. 

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly. Pursue an upgrade or replace with a similar but less expensive player. Shaq isn’t worth game changer money. He’s developed into a nice player, but not what you’d hope for given his draft position. Some team might overpay Lawson, but the Bills should not. 

I’m guessing he’ll get something like 4 years $46,000,000 with $25,000,000 guaranteed.

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You realize that Murphy is scheduled to make just under $9M this year?    Shaq is worth that, and at the least, is worth more than Murphy.  Signing Shaq for $9M AAV and dumping Murphy sounds like the right move.

Not if you sign a top tier FA and draft a 2nd round guy to replace Jerry. Then you solely keep Murphy because you only need him for one year and that is the end of his contract. I would guess Shaq woundn’t sign anything less than 3 years and if he isn’t going to be a long term starter than I don’t want to give him that $.   I agree Shaq is better than Murphy but I am assuming that they would prefer to sign a Top FA and use picks to replace Jerry. Shaq isn’t good enough to be out top pass rusher and this draft class isn’t going to yield one in round 2 so I assume we have to snag one in FA. 

25 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Not if you sign a top tier FA and draft a 2nd round guy to replace Jerry. Then you solely keep Murphy because you only need him for one year and that is the end of his contract. I would guess Shaq woundn’t sign anything less than 3 years and if he isn’t going to be a long term starter than I don’t want to give him that $.   I agree Shaq is better than Murphy but I am assuming that they would prefer to sign a Top FA and use picks to replace Jerry. Shaq isn’t good enough to be out top pass rusher and this draft class isn’t going to yield one in round 2 so I assume we have to snag one in FA. 

No way they're going to replace Hughes this year, his dead cap hit is $10,850,000.  Looking at Hughe's cap numbers, he most likely is ours through 2021 and is a UFA in 2022.  You would replace Murphy, whose dead cap hit this year is $1,750,000.

I agree that Shaq is not a top DE/edge and if he wants more than $9-10M AAV, I think he walks.  I also agree with you that I think Beane will end up buying a top tier DE/edge in FA.

Reading between the lines of Beane's comments about Shaq and Phillips earning the right to test FA, means he had little intention of signing them to market rate contracts.   Phillips replacement is already on the roster (liuget and Taylor), Oliver will get bulk of snaps as 3Tech, and Harry is back.   

Letting 90 and 97 go also helps the comp formula for '21.  

Blow out FA $ on best available edge rusher and continue developing from within.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2020 at 7:59 PM, MAJBobby said:

For proper value I think they would 

Bills likely have the best feel for the Kid. Where his head is at and how he fits in the scheme moving forward.
 if he will keep his head in the game and play 110% after payday

Honestly hope they can work both Philips and Lawson onto the field next season and some years to come.

This is where we have to trust McB.

and i am sure we All will be watching this play out.

: D

On 1/10/2020 at 8:54 PM, TigerJ said:

I don't know that it was a shot, but it was obviously a message.  "Don't expect a hometown discount."

Nor should he.
Might still be sour from Rex Ryans BS.

and i agree with others. some one will pay him. Pay him more than the Bills offer : (

or is worth .