Shaq Lawson wants "that cash"

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

His Value is about 8M a year AVV.  If he wants more than that he isn't getting it from ANYONE

A 4 year 31M with about 15 GTD is what he is worth

Yeah, that seems about right. I'd be happy for the Bills to bring him back for about that rate.

Phillips is the one gonna get massively over-payed IMO. 

he is worth probably about 7M a Year.  Some GM is going to see his interior sack numbers and give him likely 10-11M a year. 

this is why I would like to lock him up before the tampering Combine

Edited by MAJBobby

51 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Ménage à trois...

Kinky!

But as they say, if I wanted to disappoint two people at once, I’d just go to dinner with my parents! :)

My biggest worry is that the effort and results were most apparent in the contract year. What happens when he gets paid? I’d like to think he just keeps getting better, but......

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Spotrac's valuation of Shaq Lawson at just under $8million per year is accurate, I want him back.

He may not be a 10 sack per year guy, but he's a highly valuable rotational piece for our defensive line. An outstanding run stopper, an aptitude for batting down passes, and a fun, lighthearted disposition that I think fits in well in our locker room.

So long as it's not a massive overpay -- and $8mil/year doesn't look like that to me -- I want him back.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The reality is if they could get him at his value of 8 you replace Trent with him. 

to be Honest the one that I really think is goi g to leave with a massive over pay is Phillips. DCs and GMs are not going to be able to resist those sack numbers coming from the interior and will completely over look how much of a liability he is against the run. 

IMO out of the two Shaq and Phillips, Phillips has more of a potential to be overpaid relative to true value than Lawson will 

Yeah and Phillips snap count wasn’t extremely high either. I can totally see Phillips getting a top 5 payday for his position. 

In the NFL when you might only have a chance at one big contract you should get as much as you can (or at least get as much you can in guarantees) so I can't blame the guy. While I am sure he made nice money on his rookie deal he needs to set himself up for life with this next deal. I think you shouldn't overpay for Shaq, I think ideally the Bills will come in at 8 million aav whereas he is going to want 10 million aav. I think ultimately they split the difference and settle at 9 million aav. But free agency in the NFL can get whacky so who knows. I think keeping Phillips is more pressing but having Shaq locked in at a reasonable rate is good. 

33 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I checked in with Spotrac and they’ve done a MV for him: 4 years at $7.6M per

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/shaq-lawson-18967/market-value/

So that 2 year, $16M contract a poster mentioned is a pretty solid estimate. 

Does anyone know how accurate Spotrac is when it comes to their "Market Value" estimations? Like comparing what they thought players would get to what they actually got? 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Does anyone know how accurate Spotrac is when it comes to their "Market Value" estimations? Like comparing what they thought players would get to what they actually got? 

they have been pretty good. They normally have been +/- 2M in terms of AVV. Where they get inaccurate is on re-signings because not actually hitting the open market 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Much ado about noise, 

every GM/HC out there sees a year and a half of good performance, Shaq, if he’s not a knucklehead knows this, as does his agent.

hope we keep him in his current role, we do not need holes to fill, more than we currently have, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t expect him back as I think McBeane & he differ widely on fair market value. Add to that, some team is so desperate for D-rush, they’ll way over pay. He’s already made very good money from his 1st Round selection, though imo, has only earned it the last season & a half. 

But I’ve been wrong before.

I just have a sneaky suspicion that he played his best till his next contract year. After all he as much as said that he played hard because it was a contract year.

• Like (+1) 1