Eric Washington Named Defensive Line Coach

elroy16

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I continue to be delighted at the Bills' ability to build a top notch front office and coaching staff. 

It seems like when quality front office people or coaches leave, they are almost always replaced by people as good or better than them. Dan Morgan stepping into the front office was a great example of this, as is the hire of Eric Washington.

Also, having a former head coach as defensive coordinator and having a former defensive coordinator as DL coach -- I like it. Can never have enough great teachers and leaders of men.

Awesome hire.

I feel we have a heavily respected FO and Coaching staff so not as difficult to fill these voids with quality

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Blah PFF.  I have had enough of their Grades. Cody Ford has a similar grade from PFF and then there are the numbers

Carolina Runs over RT 4.41 ypc ranked 14th in the NFL

Bills runs over RT 2.95 ypc  ranked 29th in the NFL

Williams started 12 games at LG last year

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

Damn! Read the comments from the Carolina fans. Not very positive. Not very liked. 

Their overall run defense fell off a cliff this year.  Not sure why given their front seven - definitely not a good look for him, but he should be able to coach up the line.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Their overall run defense fell off a cliff this year.  Not sure why given their front seven - definitely not a good look for him, but he should be able to coach up the line.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like not a success as a DC/play caller but hopefully he is a great position coach and motivator. 

17 minutes ago, wppete said:

Damn! Read the comments from the Carolina fans. Not very positive. Not very liked. 

Sometimes guys are better suited for position coach or coordinator duties. Leslie Frazier, for instance, didn't have much success as a head coach, but is an excellent defensive coordinator. Wade Phillips is another one that comes to mind.

I'm guessing Panthers fans don't like him because he failed as a defensive coordinator, not as a defensive line coach.

I'm sure none of them were complaining during the seven year stretch that Washington coached the DL there and they led the league in sacks.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

why?  I could see going after Mario Addison though as he give us a pass rusher that might be cheaper/better than Shaq for a year or two. As Addison likes to think Beane made his career and now we have a guy he's been coached by most of his career too. 

Tells me the Carolina Pipeline is still alive and well, So I can see all Carolina UFAs getting looks.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even as a consultant 

Ehh... bordering on "too many cooks in the kitchen" at that point.

I remember a few years back the Cowboys had different OCs for the passing game and running games. And while I believe the offense improved a bit, they still didnt make it very far.

(Looked it up, they did it in 2011 and 2014, and went 12-4 in 2014 so maybe....)

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Utah John said:

After so many people moved from Buffalo to Charlotte over the past 20 years, it's nice to see some going in the other direction.

A Panthers Bills game at Bank of America Stadium is a Bills Home Game without fans having to travel....

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ehh... bordering on "too many cooks in the kitchen" at that point.

I remember a few years back the Cowboys had different OCs for the passing game and running games. And while I believe the offense improved a bit, they still didnt make it very far.

(Looked it up, they did it in 2011 and 2014, and went 12-4 in 2014 so maybe....)

Maybe if it was Daboll's playbook and prep, but Norv calling plays on game day. Kinda like when Lynn took over for Roman?