Eric Washington Named Defensive Line Coach

elroy16

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also ... that was quick. Something tells me this was in the works Since Rivera got fired and that’s why Teerlinck is gone 

Any idea why Washington wouldn't follow Rivera to Washington? He had ample time to bring him along before Teerlink bolted for VA Tech.

1 minute ago, TPS said:

I was for going after him until I saw this ...

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/daryl-williams/9535

Blah PFF.  I have had enough of their Grades. Cody Ford has a similar grade from PFF and then there are the numbers

Carolina Runs over RT 4.41 ypc ranked 14th in the NFL

Bills runs over RT 2.95 ypc  ranked 29th in the NFL

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Any idea why Washington wouldn't follow Rivera to Washington? He had ample time to bring him along before Teerlink bolted for VA Tech.

I’m not sure if he hired Sam Mills - will need to look but he was his “game management” coach in addition to co DL coach so he may have brought him 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Like this hire, now Daryl Williams coms right back on the Radar as an UFA OL signing

why?  I could see going after Mario Addison though as he give us a pass rusher that might be cheaper/better than Shaq for a year or two. As Addison likes to think Beane made his career and now we have a guy he's been coached by most of his career too. 

Edited by The Jokeman

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also ... that was quick. Something tells me this was in the works Since Rivera got fired and that’s why Teerlinck is gone 

Most assistant coaches sign two year deals don't they? Maybe the Bills told him he wasn't being extended because they had Washington lined up.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Most assistant coaches sign two year deals don't they? Maybe the Bills told him he wasn't being extended because they had Washington lined up.

I don’t think he was fired as much as encouraged to look elsewhere once Washington became available. On the flip side,  he may have expressed a desire to go to back to college awhile ago to McDermott and therefore once Rivera was fired, they had Washington teed up for hire as soon as they got the word teerlinck was leaving for sure. 

I continue to be delighted at the Bills' ability to build a top notch front office and coaching staff. 

It seems like when quality front office people or coaches leave, they are almost always replaced by people as good or better than them. Dan Morgan stepping into the front office was a great example of this, as is the hire of Eric Washington.

Also, having a former head coach as defensive coordinator and having a former defensive coordinator as DL coach -- I like it. Can never have enough great teachers and leaders of men.

Awesome hire.

• Like (+1) 7

As others have said, the Teerlick move now makes sense.  I don't think he was outright fired, but he was probably encouraged to look elsewhere because the Bills knew they were going to sign Washington.  Perhaps Teerlick had the opportunity to stay on, but he may have had to work under Washington, somewhat of a demotion, and he elected to take the VT job instead, where he could still be the #1 D-line coach.  It also gave him the opportunity to work with his old buddy.

• Like (+1) 1