A Letter to Bills Mafia - Dion Dawkins

One Buffalo

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That is oddly specific were you and T. Henry a thing? 

Oh goodness, no! I was referring to an infamous incident with ex-Bills RB, Travis Henry, who got into trouble when meeting up with an underaged girl at a gas station. No one else remembers this? Or am I imagining things again? In any case, I have higher standards. At least take me to a Dave & Buster's first.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:06 AM, One Buffalo said:

Gotta love Dion!  Here he shares his perspective on what is building from the player perspective.  

We’re all having babies.

And I bring that up, because—

Alright.

Listen. So maybe you read that and you just gave it a little smile. Or maybe you read it and you hardly thought one thing of it. But let me share with y’all where my head is at about this O-line baby boom. And maybe you’ll think I’m a little crazy for this one….. or a little superstitious….. or a million other things. But here’s what I think:

I think it’s a sign.

I think it’s a sign of what this group is about, when it comes to this thing of ours that we’re all building here together as Buffalo Bills. I think it’s like….. we’re all putting down roots. We are putting some roots down, do you know what I’m saying? We’re putting down roots in this city. We’re putting down a spiritual foundation. We’re planting that flag. We’re saying, Yeah, man, we get it — this is a business. O.K. But that doesn’t have to mean WE aren’t a family.

And that doesn’t have to mean we can’t build this thing as families do.

Does this mean players not having babies will be cut on offense line?  

If there was a QB who fit better with these lineman it is Ryan Fitzpatrick!

I am glad D seems happy to be in Buffalo.

This is an article to save.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Reed83HOF said:

what color paint you gonna use?

It is sad because it is the first thing I thought.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:46 AM, MAJBobby said:

Likely a Nate Soldier type AVV of 15.5M a year

At that price it means not much to pay "his brothers" on the line and if he goes down replacement is of lower quality.

Speaking of families I think of divorces.  How about the family members who are voted off the island next year?

Kyle and Lo will always be members, grandfathered in you could say, since they retired.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, KayAdams said:

I see the point he was trying to make, but when I think of young athletes having children, I don't immediately think of stability and dedication to one's profession; I think of a rather unromantic rendezvous with some guy named "T. Henry" in a dimly lit parking lot behind a gas station off of I-90.

You are thinking about an unromantic rendezvous with some guy named "T. Henry" in a dimly lit parking lot behind a gas station off of I-90?

I guess romantic would be too much.

I hope that thought is gone by time I next travel on the I-90.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 10:06 AM, One Buffalo said:

Gotta love Dion!  Here he shares his perspective on what is building from the player perspective.  

Since its pushing 2 months since last post on this .. wanted to refresh .. as I love this article as we enter FA and draft season.

Quote from article

Here are the symptoms: You see someone getting very bored with their current football team. They’re just not vibing with it like they used to. And then on the other hand they look and see what’s happening in Buffalo, with Bills Nation. They see a team on the rise, with an exciting core of young studs, two playoff berths in the last three seasons, and the best fans that ever lived. 

And this is where it gets dangerous: Those people, they think to themselves, Man. I need to get on this Bills bandwagon for next season!! I need to become a Bills fan now. And they try to jump on.

I have an important message for those people:

DO NOT TRY THIS.

DO NOT — I REPEAT, DO NOT — ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE BILLS BANDWAGON AT THIS TIME. WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY. 

THE BUFFALO BILLS BANDWAGON IS FULL.

Thanks Dion

1 hour ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Since its pushing 2 months since last post on this .. wanted to refresh .. as I love this article as we enter FA and draft season.

Quote from article

Here are the symptoms: You see someone getting very bored with their current football team. They’re just not vibing with it like they used to. And then on the other hand they look and see what’s happening in Buffalo, with Bills Nation. They see a team on the rise, with an exciting core of young studs, two playoff berths in the last three seasons, and the best fans that ever lived. 

And this is where it gets dangerous: Those people, they think to themselves, Man. I need to get on this Bills bandwagon for next season!! I need to become a Bills fan now. And they try to jump on.

I have an important message for those people:

DO NOT TRY THIS.

DO NOT — I REPEAT, DO NOT — ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE BILLS BANDWAGON AT THIS TIME. WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY. 

THE BUFFALO BILLS BANDWAGON IS FULL.

Thanks Dion

I'm all like "c'mon in, but don't clamor for Barkley to start when Allen has a bad game and cover your mouth when you cough"

It was awesome to read, Dion clearly like the team, the city and the Bills Mafia !

i felt a bit embarrassed when he said that there is no spot anymore for new fans because i can be considered as a bandwagon (i’m a new fan ;)) just one more spot Dion please be kind. ?? 

Edited by Smitty75
  • Like (+1) 1