A Letter to Bills Mafia - Dion Dawkins

One Buffalo

45 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Then who’s gonna play LG who’s better that we can actually get, I mean in real life get? If whoever is “better” than it’s gonna be noticeably more $, and we know BB don’t play that...  there’s a new sheriff in town and he Is not likely to over pay it would appear. He’s a ratio guy, money vs performance, and the money has a cap for every position. 

I’m not the Gm.  I don’t have to have the answer.  I just hope our Gm is smart enough to see he’s not worth 14+ mill a year.

if he loves us so much, than he can be a realist and take less than his over inflated market value to stay with the team he loves.  10-11 mill a year should make him happy.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Silly azs statement, Why the Fuh K do you care what he gets paid? You should consider deleting that post, it’s pretty weak, nuthin but luv, but come on man, 

Go Bills!!!

I think he was half kidding there is a salary cap after all ;)

Loved the letter thanks Dion :)

46 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Can someone explain the snowman nickname ?? Never heard that before today. 

He did snow angels in the Colts snow game :)

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

it’s how I feel, sorry.  I don’t think he’s very good and I certainly don’t want to pay him what spotrac has him projected for, 5 years 71.7 mill 14.3 per year.  65th highest player in the league, 4th highest tackle.

He’s a good kid, I just wouldn’t want to overpay.  If he was really good, I’d overpay.  He isn’t. He’s alright.  I’d pay him 10 mill a year.  He should be happy to get that kind of money.  

I am paying Dion. Thanks for mentioning spotrac though I hadn't realised they had a projection up there. I believe when asked the other day I said "somewhere around the Donovan Smith contract" so was pleasing to see them come out in the same place. 

At the start of the year I was 50/50 on Dawkins. At week 4 I was leaning towards let him play out his final year. Now I am in the sign him camp. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it putting him 4th in OTs. Every year you are gonna have 3 or 4 OTs get paid by their teams (especially left tackles) and each one will be somewhere around the top 5 when they sign. Within 2 seasons of signing his deal my guess is Dion would be around the 12th best paid which is close enough to his value. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am paying Dion. Thanks for mentioning spotrac though I hadn't realised they had a projection up there. I believe when asked the other day I said "somewhere around the Donovan Smith contract" so was pleasing to see them come out in the same place. 

At the start of the year I was 50/50 on Dawkins. At week 4 I was leaning towards let him play out his final year. Now I am in the sign him camp. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it putting him 4th in OTs. Every year you are gonna have 3 or 4 OTs get paid by their teams (especially left tackles) and each one will be somewhere around the top 5 when they sign. Within 2 seasons of signing his deal my guess is Dion would be around the 12th best paid which is close enough to his value. 

commonsense take

6 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

Gotta love Dion!  Here he shares his perspective on what is building from the player perspective.  

man, that was simply fan-*****-tastic. loved the part about, 'they're all having babies'.

goose bumps, shivers, all that *****... 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hadn’t read the players tribune article til just now.  Impressive article. Good read Dion.  He’s a great guy and easy to root for.  I was hoping he’d win me over this year, but he didn’t.  

I figure we’re going to pay him, I’m just not sold yet.  Not for 14.5 mill.  Ugh.

Somehow I had a feeling it was going to be a Bills player that did something to get me out of this playoff loss funk (and yeah... I was still kind of in it).  35 year old Bills fan here. A little too young to fully appreciate the SB teams, so this is probably the most fun Bills team I’ve ever known, and it started in year 1 with McDermott ,the coach we hired the same day my son was born, speaking of babies.  I do believe the future is bright with this team; I just hate waiting through an entire off season to get started again. 

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hadn’t read the players tribune article til just now.  Impressive article. Good read Dion.  He’s a great guy and easy to root for.  I was hoping he’d win me over this year, but he didn’t.  

I figure we’re going to pay him, I’m just not sold yet.  Not for 14.5 mill.  Ugh.

He was outstanding after the bye in my opinion.

54 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Pretty cool, but I got lost when he started talking about having babies.

I see the point he was trying to make, but when I think of young athletes having children, I don't immediately think of stability and dedication to one's profession; I think of a rather unromantic rendezvous with some guy named "T. Henry" in a dimly lit parking lot behind a gas station off of I-90.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KayAdams said:

I see the point he was trying to make, but when I think of young athletes having children, I don't immediately think of stability and dedication to one's profession; I think of a rather unromantic rendezvous with some guy named "T. Henry" in a dimly lit parking lot behind a gas station off of I-90.

That is oddly specific were you and T. Henry a thing? 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, KayAdams said:

Kay - this is quite specific.  Don't make me think badly of you....

38 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That is oddly specific were you and T. Henry a thing? 

Oh, SNAP!