A Letter to Bills Mafia - Dion Dawkins

One Buffalo

It was great to see him bounce back this year. More evidence that a line (O or D) is so dependent on who it’s comprised of. 

He’s a good writer! Kept me engaged and wanting to keep scrolling...and glad I did: such a great guy and message!

He wasn't kidding when he talked about turnover in the NFL and the difference between the 2017 Bills and the 2019 Bills. Him and DiMarco are the only players on offense that remain from the 2017 roster! Overall, you can add Ferguson, Hauschka, Hughes, Lawson, Alexander, Milano, Hyde, Poyer, and White. So that's only 11 players total out of 53 that were jumping around like maniacs in the locker room when Dalton became a hero. And only 4 of these ever experienced the Rex Ryan Circus of 2016.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta love that letter! Always liked Dion. Really happy the way he bounced back this year after a less than stellar 2018 season. He acknowledged his failures and vowed to be a different player this year and accomplished that. Bills need to keep him in the fold for sure.

Really loved his comments about Josh. Hearing more and more similar thoughts from a number of players, both young and old. Boy if that isn’t a positive sign for the future I don’t know what is.

I’ve been a Bills fan for over 57 years now so my seat on the bandwagon is quite worn and comfortable now and I really don’t care how many more jump on, but if you are going to jump it has to be real!

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

It was great to see him bounce back this year. More evidence that a line (O or D) is so dependent on who it’s comprised of. 

I think his down year was a function of wretched guard and center play. The OL in particular needs to mesh and function as one. Losing Wood and Incognito was a season killer.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

You’re a good dude but you better give us a hometown discount. You’re not worth the money you’re going to get paid

Silly azs statement, Why the Fuh K do you care what he gets paid? You should consider deleting that post, it’s pretty weak, nuthin but luv, but come on man, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Silly azs statement, Why the Fuh K do you care what he gets paid? You should consider deleting that post, it’s pretty weak, nuthin but luv, but come on man, 

Go Bills!!!

No, he should not delete his post; he has a right to express his opinion, even though you may disagree with it.  I agree to a certain extent in that Dawkins shouldn't get paid elite LT money, because he is not elite.  Dawkins is average to maybe slightly above average, that is how he should be paid.  If Dawkins stays, fine, he's certainly not the biggest problem on the o-line.  But he's not Jason Peters, either.

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

That was awesome. I am so happy our players feel his way. And especially happy for the O-line group. Keeping continuity with good to great players will accelerate Josh's growth and confidence and help in the run game. I'm super pleased with Devin and if we can get another workhorse and a top notch WR, this offense should improve a lot by next year.  Keep the defense intact, plug in a pash rushing demon on the edge and BOOM! We are going to be playing this week at this time next year at home!  Can you imagine a home playoff game? I can and the roar across WNY would be deafening. 

Just to add to everything that you said and I agree with all of it , 

I think this year will be completely different from the previous ones as far as free agents goes , I don’t think we need to OVERPAY ANYMORE just to have someone be willing to play for us ,  after visiting our facilities and talking to our guys AND our team being on the rise / playoff team they should be lining up and ( asking where do I sign? ) 

I really believe these are exiting times for us Bills fans !!!

GO BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, he should not delete his post; he has a right to express his opinion, even though you may disagree with it.  I agree to a certain extent in that Dawkins shouldn't get paid elite LT money, because he is not elite.  Dawkins is average to maybe slightly above average, that is how he should be paid.  If Dawkins stays, fine, he's certainly not the biggest problem on the o-line.  But he's not Jason Peters, either.

What ever,??

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Roots down. Wagon full.  LFG!!  That was a fun read.

LOL!  Plenty of room in the wagons for those BBFS types who've been 'bunkering up' for the last 20 yrs....

Shnowman is a riot.

On Josh Allen: "People ask me about JA all the time. Everyone has questions they want answered about what he’s like as a QB — or whether he’s good enough at this, or that, or whatever. And it’s just ironic to me, because the only people who don’t have any big questions about Josh?? They’re the guys in our locker room. The world has to understand: We love Josh, man. We love that dude. You know how in football movies, the quarterback is usually separate from the rest of the squad — kind of this chosen one who gets put on a pedestal? With Josh, it’s like the complete opposite of that. He’s one of us — one of the boys........ My man is gifted physically in a way you just can’t teach. He’s a freak, he’s a winner, he’s a funny guy (but not as funny as he thinks), he’s a good guy, he’s a great leader — and you had better believe he’s our quarterback.

LOL 

"He's a funny guy....but not as funny as he thinks"   Wouldn't I love to be a fly on the wall and learn what that's all about

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

it’s how I feel, sorry.  I don’t think he’s very good and I certainly don’t want to pay him what spotrac has him projected for, 5 years 71.7 mill 14.3 per year.  65th highest player in the league, 4th highest tackle.

He’s a good kid, I just wouldn’t want to overpay.  If he was really good, I’d overpay.  He isn’t. He’s alright.  I’d pay him 10 mill a year.  He should be happy to get that kind of money.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

it’s how I feel, sorry.  I don’t think he’s very good and I certainly don’t want to pay him what spotrac has him projected for, 5 years 71.7 mill 14.3 per year.  65th highest player in the league, 4th highest tackle.

Then who’s gonna play LG who’s better that we can actually get, I mean in real life get? If whoever is “better” than it’s gonna be noticeably more $, and we know BB don’t play that...  there’s a new sheriff in town and he Is not likely to over pay it would appear. He’s a ratio guy, money vs performance, and the money has a cap for every position. 

4 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

His ability to get sidetracked is hilariously great. The tangent on babies was great.

We’re planting that flag

That's what she said

• Haha (+1) 2