Waiter! There’s Gold on my steak!!

BringBackFergy

I had the same problem at Hammers Lot. You have to read the fine print! 

It wasn’t this crazy, but I got the seafood special at some Fisherman’s Wharf tourist joint in San Francisco decades ago. I did not ask the price. I’m never too shy to ask now. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice.......nope. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I had the same problem at Hammers Lot. You have to read the fine print! 

It wasn’t this crazy, but I got the seafood special at some Fisherman’s Wharf tourist joint in San Francisco decades ago. I did not ask the price. I’m never too shy to ask now. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice.......nope. 

No worries!  if you go back, you'll lose your appetite before you get down to the wharf.

• Haha (+1) 1

There are way too many things to say about this story.

I wonder if we will ever find out the test results on that gold:

“Miranda took home both foot-long tomahawk bones that come with the steaks, one for his friend’s dog. The other he plans to have tested to see if the residual gold is actually 24 karat.”

2 hours ago, snafu said:

There are way too many things to say about this story.

I wonder if we will ever find out the test results on that gold:

“Miranda took home both foot-long tomahawk bones that come with the steaks, one for his friend’s dog. The other he plans to have tested to see if the residual gold is actually 24 karat.”

If a guy is buying $55 cocktails (each) and various other side dishes for $200-300 per, he needs to stop and think about how foolish he looks. Testing a tomahawk bone? What an ass.