Mike Mularkey retires from coaching

Virgil

12 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Is that what its called when no one wants you?  Retiring? 

InRet - Involuntarily Retired

(Kinda like incel, but less depressing, I would imagine.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Man, I was so impressed by him at the beginning, back when you had to actually go to the tix office at OBD in June and line up for individual game seats.  It was his first season here, he came out of the offices and went down the entire line, there had to be a few hundred people there, at least. He stopped and shook hands and chatted with every single person. No doubt it was sincere.

All downhill thereafter ? 

• Like (+1) 3

Sat next to him on a plane to Turks & Caicos. He was very nice and patient with me as I tried and failed to hold back all my Bills-Fan-ness.

I try not to hate on any of the coaches who were unlucky enough to coach the Bills under Ralph. They never had a chance.

Except Greggo, eff Greggo.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm surprised by all of the negativity towards him on this board.  Was he a great coach? No, but they had a good thing going in his first year - then they got rid of Bledsoe.  I don't blame him for quitting either.  I love Marv, but he messed up his opening press conference as GM so badly.  "Maybe I'll coach too" he says - while Mularkey is still the coach!  That, and Ralph was paying him less than any other HC in the league.  There were coordinators making more.  I bet some of the people criticizing him for leaving have also uttered the words, "Ralph is cheap".  You can't have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

is he the one who burst into a sad tirade against the Buffalo media hounding him and his family, out of nowhere?

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Guys' been knocking down high 6 figure salaries for years and years.

Yeah, what a loser. 

usually his family has spent at a 2:1 ratio of his take-home pay....