Eagles' Doug Pederson changes course, fires offensive coordinator and WR coach

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Why? Wentz was 17/24 , 172yds with 1 TD and no INTS. A bunch of those throws were clutch passes. I was pretty surprised that Wentz looked that good against the Bills defense.

He completed about 10 screens that were behind the LoS. Only 1 completion over 10 yards

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Aside from maybe the OLine, Wentz was by far the best part of that offense this year. He's nowhere remotely close to being the problem.

I dont know.   Averaging 3500 yards, 24 touchdowns to only 8 ints a year just isnt enough....

Wait, yes it is.   You're right.   There is this weird way of thinking amongst NFL fans that if your QB isn't Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, or Aaron Rodgers they automatically suck.   Wentz is an above average QB who really could use some wideouts.

Not for nothing, I wouldnt say the Eagles really "have a problem" they have a winning record over the last four years including a super bowl win.  I'd like to have that "problem".

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Too late though they already paid Wentz the huge $. Easier to blame the coaching and pray he improves with the next one.

Wentz was phenomenal down the stretch this year. He is certainly elite level among the league’s younger qbs. People easily forget his 2017 season.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Wentz was phenomenal down the stretch this year. He is certainly elite level among the league’s younger qbs. People easily forget his 2017 season.

Wentz was good down the stretch. 2017 was a really good year only because he had a TD% of 7.5 and threw for 33 TDs. (His other years, his TD% has been 2.6, 4.4, and 5.2). In every other way, last year and this year were better. He was actually having his best year last year, until he got hurt.

I think Wentz is a good QB and is at his best in the short game (particularly when their screen game is working). He was incredibly inconsistent this year and, of course, this is the 3rd straight year he didn't finish the season, although he did make it to the playoff game before going down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Wentz was good down the stretch. 2017 was a really good year only because he had a TD% of 7.5 and threw for 33 TDs. (His other years, his TD% has been 2.6, 4.4, and 5.2). In every other way, last year and this year were better. He was actually having his best year last year, until he got hurt.

I think Wentz is a good QB and is at his best in the short game (particularly when their screen game is working). He was incredibly inconsistent this year and, of course, this is the 3rd straight year he didn't finish the season, although he did make it to the playoff game before going down.

... on an extremely dirty hit that should have seen Clowney ejected. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Don't know what to think about this.  You don't hear much bad about owner Jeff Lurie in terms of hands on in the organization but wonder if he does throw his weight around a little behind the scenes.  

Owners who want to win have to do this sometimes when the coach refuses to address a problem.

21 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Hardly the WR coach's fault that all of his starters suffered season ending injuries. 

Yeah, that is strange. He may be a sucky WR coach but the poor guy was coaching between 1-3 new guys every 3 weeks. 

The success behind the Eagles offense is usually given to Pederson, but at this point many in Philly think 2017 was mostly because of Reich, who has done great things in Indy with less talent. 

Edited by John Adams