Words That I Am Tired Of

Irv

4 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

"Period"

Why is it that people with the most off the wall and idiotic opinions seem to think that if they conclude by saying "period," the rest of the world is required to agree with them?

Period.  The End.

I'm just saying

3 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Well isn't that just special . I just figured I hit on a touchy subject 

Strangely, it’s seen as something of a badge of honor. 

Very strangely....... I know. 

But whatever. No malice intended (generally). 

Edited by Augie

The term “public servant”. Just listened to the Chris Collins sentencing coverage and the judge acknowledged him being a “public servant”. This position paid him $170,000/year and a pension after one term, etc. He’s a millionaire.  Most of the Congressional reps and Senators are millionaires. Stop calling them public servants. Gone are the days of the local pharmacist or farmer going to “serve” their community for one or two terms and then returning to their careers at home. Politics IS a career. Get rid of the phrase “public servant”. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The term “public servant”. Just listened to the Chris Collins sentencing coverage and the judge acknowledged him being a “public servant”. This position paid him $170,000/year and a pension after one term, etc. He’s a millionaire.  Most of the Congressional reps and Senators are millionaires. Stop calling them public servants. Gone are the days of the local pharmacist or farmer going to “serve” their community for one or two terms and then returning to their careers at home. Politics IS a career. Get rid of the phrase “public servant”. 

/thread

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I'm really tired of the word "bring."   Not so much the word itself, as its constant misuse.  Bring has almost universally eclipsed the use of the word "take."  If it doesn't already grate on you, you wouldn't understand....

Is that the best that you can bring to this topic?