Words That I Am Tired Of

Irv

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Lunch pail. Who uses one anymore, and yet it’s used to describe the character of every new roster build in the NFL, amirite? E.g., now the new Giants are hardscrabble just like the NYC area they represent, ROFL. 

@BringBackFergy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You must admit ‘whilst’ does provide a certain counterpoint to some of the knuckle dragging mouth breathers who say ‘could of’.

Everybody SAYS could of.  Only the mouth-breathers write it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2020 at 12:31 PM, Irv said:

I'm through with the words "trope" and "woke".  It's like CNN, Hollywood, D.C.  just figured out what they mean and now everyone is using them.  Evidence that our society is desperately seeking new ways to be offended.  While we're at it, let's throw microaggression in there too.   

Any words you can't stand to hear anymore?

what about 'Clapped Back' ?

26 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Blue collar is two words I am tired of hearing. For some reason a lot of Bills fans seem to like using those words to describe their team. 

you may be tired of those words but those are the people who built this nation of ours. the tireless men and who get up every single day. put their boots on and go to work, expelling blood, sweat and tears and of whom do it gladly. i think it is a very apropos word to describe our beloved Bills as it perfectly embodies what they are all about.

to each their own, i guess.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, LabattBlue said:

Prior to retiring 5 years ago(I worked in IT), the cool thing to say in meetings was "vet" or "vetted".   Blah, blah, blah...it got so bad, I often wondering if anyone was "vetting" my lunch.

Some work words I hated: agile, alignment and metrics.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/9/2020 at 2:34 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

Process

What does it mean?  What are the benchmarks?

Take some sort of cow’s milk dairy products, combine them with various unnatural ingredients, and you have ‘process cheese’.  Pronounced ‘PRAH-sess’ in the U. S., ‘PRO-sess’ in Canada.

21 hours ago, row_33 said:

better to go with the late great Riley Martin's ".... and uh.... things of that nature..."

parrot squawking every 5 seconds in the background is optional