Words That I Am Tired Of

Irv

Awesome.

Person 1:  "Where are you going?"

Person 2: "To get my car washed."

Person 1: "Awesome."

I hear that word every single day.

My daughter hates "paradigm." She says that more often than not it is misused. I wouldn't know.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

So you're countering my opinion with a site that posts opinions?  Brilliant.

Unanswered points. Merriam Webster

2: scored in succession during a period in which an opponent fails to score

Period = time

So scoring in succession during a time in which an opponent fails to score

Does not indicate the rest of the game. Just a time when scoring in succession happens and isn't answered

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

That's disingenuous.  Look at the VERY PAGE you cited -- both examples given are exactly what I'm saying!

No because it says Cincinnati scored 23 unanswered only to LOSE to the dolphins. The dolphins scored after 23 unanswered

So the dolphins did score again so Cincinnati didn't score 23 straight according to your definition. Just 23 in a row

Edited by Buffalo716

PASSION

I see one more employment ad seeking a passionate candidate for a janitor, convenience store clerk, or oil change jockey, I think I will throttle the person who composed the ad.  Ever hear of ‘enthusiastic’, ‘eager’, etc?

REACH OUT.

FFS, attempt to contact, email, call, but do anything besides reach out...especially if you’re a news organization.  ‘Reach out’; who the f*** are you, AT&T?!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm through with the words "trope" and "woke".  It's like CNN, Hollywood, D.C.  just figured out what they mean and now everyone is using them.  Evidence that our society is desperately seeking new ways to be offended.  While we're at it, let's throw microaggression in there too.   

Any words you can't stand to hear anymore?

You're an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Awesome.

Person 1:  "Where are you going?"

Person 2: "To get my washed."

Person 1: "Awesome."

I hear that word every single day.

My daughter hates "paradigm." She says that more often than not it is misused. I wouldn't know.

Awesome nails it!  Maybe Cool too.

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Awesome nails it!  Maybe Cool too.

I think cool is still good.  Cool beans isn't cool though.

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

“Unacceptable”....Had a client say “That answer from the Court is unacceptable”. I went on to think “I said it, you heard it. It’s too late. Accept it”. Pompous phrase. 

Agreed.

But "outrageuos" in Court is always good.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

“Unacceptable”....Had a client say “That answer from the Court is unacceptable”. I went on to think “I said it, you heard it. It’s too late. Accept it”. Pompous phrase. 

Last time someone told me something was "unacceptable," my response was something like "Life's full of ***** little disappointments.  Accept it and get out, I'm busy."

• Like (+1) 1