Words That I Am Tired Of

Irv

I'm through with the words "trope" and "woke".  It's like CNN, Hollywood, D.C.  just figured out what they mean and now everyone is using them.  Evidence that our society is desperately seeking new ways to be offended.  While we're at it, let's throw microaggression in there too.   

Any words you can't stand to hear anymore?

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, snafu said:

Artisan.

It's a snooty, foof word.  Never liked it in the first place.

Fast food joints use the word “artisan”, so it should be up for removal from the dictionary. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Can we expand this to phrases?

"Unanswered points" is #1 on my list.  EVERY freaking announcer uses it now -- INCORRECTLY.

Points are only "unanswered" if the other team NEVER SCORES AGAIN.

Can you tell this pisses me off?  So lazy.  Just say "so-and-so have scored the last 14 points" or "so-and-so have scored 14 points in a row."  It's not difficult.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, eball said:

Can we expand this to phrases?

"Unanswered points" is #1 on my list.  EVERY freaking announcer uses it now -- INCORRECTLY.

Points are only "unanswered" if the other team NEVER SCORES AGAIN.

Can you tell this pisses me off?  So lazy.  Just say "so-and-so have scored the last 14 points" or "so-and-so have scored 14 points in a row."  It's not difficult.

Idk bout that.

In football or Basketballf If you are down 10-0 and score 28 straight, you most certainly scored 28  unanswered.

Even if they finally score, you did go 28 before it was answered. So 28 unanswered

28 points In a row, 28 straight, run of 28 points, 28 unanswered are all interchangeable there

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm through with the words "trope" and "woke".  It's like CNN, Hollywood, D.C.  just figured out what they mean and now everyone is using them.  Evidence that our society is desperately seeking new ways to be offended.  While we're at it, let's throw microaggression in there too.   

Any words you can't stand to hear anymore?

In the context of these types of online discussion forums, I never need to see the following again:

"Narrative"

"Hyperbole"

"Sample size"

"Agenda"

"Hater/Hate"

48 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Process

What does it mean?  What are the benchmarks?

Technically speaking, I believe "Process" is a term meant to suggest that what is being attempted by the front office/coaching is complex, difficult, and by definition, requires time.

Therefore, it is critical that those implementing the Process are allowed time to effect change.

I.E., it's a job security campaign for the guys in charge; they are making top dollar and may not see this level of job again.  Gotta keep that pay check coming in while you can.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hearing someone say “cool beans” makes me want to punt a kitten.

Good to know......cool beans, I’ll remember that. Do we have to bring the kitten? 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Idk bout that.

In football or Basketballf If you are down 10-0 and score 28 straight, you most certainly scored 28  unanswered.

Even if they finally score, you did go 28 before it was answered. So 28 unanswered

28 points In a row, 28 straight, run of 28 points, 28 unanswered are all interchangeable there

Wrong.