2020 NFL Free Agent Preview

After looking at the free agent crop I think it’s safe to say that we should address RB and WR in the draft. There does seem to be some pass rush help however in free agency. Here’s my short list of players I like

Bud Dupree, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh: 
Perfect guy to replace Trent Murphy and Shaq Lawson. He racked up 11.5 sacks last year in Pittsburgh and was a terror off the edge. Can play some LB as well but ideally I think you just let him attack the QB. Projected at 5yrs $80m

Jordan Jenkins, OLB, NYJ:

This is my ideal choice to replace Lorenzo Alexander. Jenkins is good for 8 sacks a year. He is a speedy LB and would round out our LB room. Bud Dupree, Jordan Jenkins and Jerry Hughes rushing the QB is a scary reality for any QB. Projected $8-10m/yr 

Robby Anderson, WR, NYJ:
If healthy I think Robby Anderson could contribute on a significant level for our offense. Rookie WRs historically take a year or two to come into their own so Anderson could buy some time for our draftees. Could come cheap on a short term deal.

Brian Bulaga, RT, Packers:

Obviously a stalwart in Green Bay for so long. He’s a grizzled vet but I think he still has some juice left. At 32 years old he may have a solid 2 or 3 years left. Green Bay will likely move to re-sign him. Projected at $10m/yr

Matt Judon, DE/OLB, Baltimore

Very similar player to Bud Dupree, just not as productive. Regardless, Judon is no slouch. He would invigorate that EDGE position and would provide a solid replacement and upgrade left by Lorenzo Alexander

Jack Conklin, RT, Tennessee 

Drafted #8 overall in the 2016 NFL Draft, Conklin has lived up to his billing as a dominant RT. Having helped pave the way for the NFL’s leading rusher Derrick Henry, Conklin is in line for a huge payday. Ford struggled at RT and could benefit from going into one of those guard spots. Conklin would give us a dominant RT and help keep Josh Allen upright. Projected $15m/yr.

Daryl Williams, RT, Carolina 
Daryl Williams has had some injury issues in the past, but when healthy has proven to decent starter. I don’t think he’d be an upgrade over Ford but it would still allow us to bump Ford into guard. Kind of a risky gamble, wouldn’t overpay but if the price was right I’d go for it. Solid, albeit not great player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Judon is much better than Dupree imo and is easily best player on your list.  Can’t see anyway the ravens let him go.  

i don’t think Jenkins is a speedy LB.

i think Anderson is good.  I just don’t think he’s a process guy, meaning we don’t want him. 

We need a RT-   I agree. Ford shouldn’t play there next year, but most likely will

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

After looking at the free agent crop I think it’s safe to say that we should address RB and WR in the draft. There does seem to be some pass rush help however in free agency. Here’s my short list of players I like

Perfect guy to replace Trent Murphy and Shaq Lawson. He racked up 11.5 sacks last year in Pittsburgh and was a terror off the edge. Can play some LB as well but ideally I think you just let him attack the QB. Projected at 5yrs $80m

This is my ideal choice to replace Lorenzo Alexander. Jenkins is good for 8 sacks a year. He is a speedy LB and would round out our LB room. Bud Dupree, Jordan Jenkins and Jerry Hughes rushing the QB is a scary reality for any QB. Projected $8-10m/yr 

Robby Anderson, WR, NYJ:
If healthy I think Robby Anderson could contribute on a significant level for our offense. Rookie WRs historically take a year or two to come into their own so Anderson could buy some time for our draftees. Could come cheap on a short term deal.

Obviously a stalwart in Green Bay for so long. He’s a grizzled vet but I think he still has some juice left. At 32 years old he may have a solid 2 or 3 years left. Green Bay will likely move to re-sign him. Projected at $10m/yr

Very similar player to Bud Dupree, just not as productive. Regardless, Judon is no slouch. He would invigorate that EDGE position and would provide a solid replacement and upgrade left by Lorenzo Alexander

Drafted #8 overall in the 2016 NFL Draft, Conklin has lived up to his billing as a dominant RT. Having helped pave the way for the NFL’s leading rusher Derrick Henry, Conklin is in line for a huge payday. Ford struggled at RT and could benefit from going into one of those guard spots. Conklin would give us a dominant RT and help keep Josh Allen upright. Projected $15m/yr.

Daryl Williams has had some injury issues in the past, but when healthy has proven to decent starter. I don’t think he’d be an upgrade over Ford but it would still allow us to bump Ford into guard. Kind of a risky gamble, wouldn’t overpay but if the price was right I’d go for it. Solid, albeit not great player.

No way 1 year wonder Dupree gets 16 mil a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Baltimore said they will tag Judon if a deal cannot be worked out:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-to-use-franchise-tag-on-matt-judon-if-a-long-term-deal-cant-be-worked-out/

Dupree is never walking out of Pittsburgh. 
Judon ain’t leaving Baltimore. 
I am no fan of Robbie Anderson. He’s a magician. Disappears for half the games a year. 
Daryl Williams is an injured mess. As is Bulaga. And Conklin lol. 

So basically you just want the top free agents available for each position? Easy to work the top guys in. Scout better. Find the gems in the middle area so it can at least be realistic. 
Each team is lucky to get ONE of those guys with the competition from other bidding teams. 

I never understood why guys research this stuff so early. It’s completely possible more than half these guys are franchised or resigned before free agency even begins. 

7 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Robby Anderson, WR, NYJ:

Jack Conklin is the guy I really want, he is just a monster a still has room to be better. Possibly the best RT in football in the next few years, I fully expecting him to get the franchise tag. If we lost a RT like this to FA a would be so pissed off, if for some reason he isn't tagged Conklin is worth the big contract and guaranteed money to get him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Jack Conklin is the guy I really want, he is just a monster a still has room to be better. Possibly the best RT in football in the next few years, I fully expecting him to get the franchise tag. If we lost a RT like this to FA a would be so pissed off, if for some reason he isn't tagged Conklin is worth the big contract and guaranteed money to get him.

Tennessee already has $31,000,000+ tied up in their OL for 3 players and I believe they will tag Henry whom also is a FA. Conklin will be there for the taking and I hope Beane/McDermott are calling as soon as the FA negotiating period begins. Move Ford to LG, let Spain walk, and there you have it.  

• Like (+1) 4

First of all, you should stop to look at the media's top free agents, that's no Buffalo's way, remember when they bring here Poyer, Hyde, Beasley or Brown (both WR more recognized), Lorax. Only Morse was among the top C's at FA and several years ago Mario, but that usually didn't happen.

I'm looking for someone like Aaron Lynch, i remembered him from SF a couple years back, i think he signed with Chicago and really don't know much about him recently.

Edited by poblano

Conklin, Dupree/Judon, would be my top choices. 

I think Perriman deserves a look, not sure what he would cost but he is 6'2" 215 and absolutely blazing fast. He was very productive as #1 when Evans and Godwin were hurt.