Duke Williams Player Comparison

Protocal69

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not as easy as that!  The Dukies are launching backdoor Duke threads almost daily!

Haha touche!  Ok I will actually give you that one.  But this was a clear Duke thread you chose to opt into :nana:

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Amen.  Big, but not very athletic WR with a history of major character problems including a me-first attitude.  The sooner we can part ways with him, the better.  This is worth reading:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/d'haquille-williams?id=2555210

People can change https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/former-cfl-player-duke-williams-making-second-nfl-opportunity/

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why are people so enamored with such a mediocre WR?

Probably because we got used to seeing Robert Foster 5 targets 0 receptions 0 years each game  Any production is better  before that it was Zay Jones 5 targets 2 receptions 10 yards each game

8 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Probably because we got used to seeing Robert Foster 5 targets 0 receptions 0 years each game  Any production is better  before that it was Zay Jones 5 targets 2 receptions 10 yards each game

Robert Foster and Zay Jones have nothing at all to do with Duke Williams being very mediocre at best.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

9 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I have heard about enough duke talk to make me vomit. I like the guy but let’s please stop pretending he’s some hidden gem. I can’t believe nobody has a saviorduke username yet. He’s a serviceable receiver. He will more than likely be in the running for the 4th receiver spot next season. Let this poor guys name rest in the offseason. 

Speaking of which.. what ever happened to Savior Peterman? 

he got laughed off the board? Or maybe he changed his name. Regardless, he needs to come back. 

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sooo... does the comparison stop with their draft measurables? Is there a point to this? Or just yet another passive aggressive defense of a 5th wide receiver for some reason?

or just another active aggressive attack on him which has been posted in many other threads?

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jeez.  People really get their feathers ruffled with these player comparisons.  I get it, OP.  Boldin is a good DW comparison (IMO also).  I’m really curious to see how his career evolves from this point.  He definitely showed me something against HOU, and I think fans have some cause for optimism here.

agreed. not the be all end all of WRs

But something to build upon.

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Assuming Bills find a true #1 WR, Duke will be lucky to get 25 catches next year. You are not sitting a new #1, Brown, or Beasley. And there are only so many throws in a game that will also got to two tight ends and the backs. As a #4 WR he would be extremely to get 2-3 targets a game in a 5 wide set- where he would likely be one of the last options.

I just can not see Beane not adding a WR to this team. If it's a veteran, Duke might hardly ever see the field. If it's a rookie it may take some time to work him into the offense.

and yet McKenzie was on the field rather alot.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

make it stop......

Alas my power hath limits

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

and yet McKenzie was on the field rather alot.

I'm not sure of the point?  They love those McKenzie jet sweeps.  They have to use him on other plays or they can't sell 'em.  But McKenzie was on the field because, who else?

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Speaking of which.. what ever happened to Savior Peterman? 

he got laughed off the board? Or maybe he changed his name. Regardless, he needs to come back. 

He has too many high level business meetings and doesn't have time to post.  Although its likely its that highfootball IQ guy is the same dude.  I recall on the other bills board there was a savioredwards and right about the time he disappeared highfootball iq appeared there as well.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure of the point?  They love those McKenzie jet sweeps.  They have to use him on other plays or they can't sell 'em.  But McKenzie was on the field because, who else?

No way!

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think what he is saying is if he played all along the Bills would have had more production this year and possibly Duke would have played better by now. I don’t think he is saying we need a small upgrade. 

Or just maybe, he didn't play all along because he was struggling to learn his role on each play or with other aspects of the NFL WR role, and he played when they felt he was ready to contribute (and not before).  Maybe there's no Coaching Consipiracy to deprive the world (or at least the Bills) of Duke.

What I take as saying that is the part about Duke playing a significant role on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or just maybe, he didn't play all along because he was struggling to learn his role on each play or with other aspects of the NFL WR role, and he played when they felt he was ready to contribute (and not before).  Maybe there's no Coaching Consipiracy to deprive the world (or at least the Bills) of Duke.

What I take as saying that is the part about Duke playing a significant role on the team.

Perhaps or perhaps they just misjudged the players on the team.  It wouldn't be the first time or second time and it wont be the last.  I don't believe in conspiracy so not sure why you would say that to me... except when it comes to the Refs and the NFL behind them.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is simply. What does McD and Daboll want from their WRs ?
in that scheme run last season ?  Williams was not the best option for them. Not a knock on McK. But jet sweeps do not define a WR.
it is fair to question Coaches thinking, and fun as well : )
But we fans will never be defining the roster or know what goes on behind the scenes that effect game day roster.
Let us hope next season we never discuss the #4-5 Wrs

because the 1-2-3 are getting all the reps and doing well with those balls. and the TEs get some nice pass catching reps

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can live with #5 anyday. Yes he should've secured that td better but he made great 1st down catches in that game. He should've been active all year over scrubs like Foster, McKenzie,  Roberts and Lee Smith. Hope he gets a chance.

I agree. Not really sure what the coaching staff was thinking. Outside of injury Foster never really synced with Allen like he did in 2918. Duke while raw showed he could pull in around 63% of his targets which is better than the 17% Foster managed. Both small sample sizes but it’s clear Duke can and will make more tough contested catches.