Duke Williams Player Comparison

Protocal69

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have heard about enough duke talk to make me vomit. I like the guy but let’s please stop pretending he’s some hidden gem. I can’t believe nobody has a saviorduke username yet. He’s a serviceable receiver. He will more than likely be in the running for the 4th receiver spot next season. Let this poor guys name rest in the offseason. 

I sympathize with your POV, but the Magic 8 ball says "unlikely to occur"

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, T master said:

So you completely skipped over the first 12 words of the post i will rewrite it for you !!

"My point being 1 game Duke did better than Foster all season" & then there is the rest that continues my point but if you missed that then the rest is irrelevant ...

My point being that if the Bills standard for upgrading at WR is any comparison to Foster's 2019 season, we're screwed.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point being that if the Bills standard for upgrading at WR is any comparison to Foster's 2019 season, we're screwed.

I think what he is saying is if he played all along the Bills would have had more production this year and possibly Duke would have played better by now. I don’t think he is saying we need a small upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1

Assuming Bills find a true #1 WR, Duke will be lucky to get 25 catches next year. You are not sitting a new #1, Brown, or Beasley. And there are only so many throws in a game that will also got to two tight ends and the backs. As a #4 WR he would be extremely to get 2-3 targets a game in a 5 wide set- where he would likely be one of the last options.

I just can not see Beane not adding a WR to this team. If it's a veteran, Duke might hardly ever see the field. If it's a rookie it may take some time to work him into the offense.

6 minutes ago, noacls said:

If front office does what they are supposed to, bringing in weapons , Duke will be lucky to make team. He is slow and has questionable hands. 

Amen.  Big, but not very athletic WR with a history of major character problems including a me-first attitude.  The sooner we can part ways with him, the better.  This is worth reading:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/d'haquille-williams?id=2555210

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Not a bad comparison.

The only difference is by age 26 Boldin had 4,605 receiving yards & 20TDS compared to Duke who has 166 receiving yards & 1TD. 

No problem letting Duke compete for a roster spot but I see him as a #5 at best. He gets little separation laterally forcing him to have to lay out for separation & he can’t out run the defense deep. If you could give Foster Duke’s hands & toughness you’d have a complete WR.

I can live with #5 anyday. Yes he should've secured that td better but he made great 1st down catches in that game. He should've been active all year over scrubs like Foster, McKenzie,  Roberts and Lee Smith. Hope he gets a chance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Funny - People say Duke clearly proved he belongs. 

Robert Foster clearly proved he belongs the year before. I had debates over if we need another WR and many said your forgetting Robert Foster. He was a rookie and already looks like a #1, etc.

Rarely do you get a Duke or Robert Foster that proves everyone wrong. I know it makes for a fun story but is just not as common as people like to believe. 

The receiving corp was remarkably healthy all year (as was the team as a whole) which is not normal.  Otherwise, Duke would have played more, imo.  I like what he brings to the table, his attitude seems properly adjusted, and, as he fights to establish a legitimate career in the NFL, I will continue to want him to show well.  Seeing what people can achieve after it appears that they lost their best shot at their dream is one of the best storylines in sports.

• Awesome! (+1) 1