Parrino segment on radio - can anyone summarize?

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

It really isn't bad at all, give that clip a listen.  

I have brought it up on my computer and positioned the cursor over the start arrow and I just can't.  Call it a character flaw on my part, if you like.

I see a lot of people in the twitter thread said they agreed or couldn't disagree

Can you help me out with a summary?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Unyielding desire to be great.
  • Playoff game was the Josh Allen experience.
  • A few too many mistakes, but players let him down to leave plays on the field.
  • Some lights out throws (Brown sideline, Duke End Zone).
  • Staff and players let him down, where Houston made plays for Watson.
  • He felt the game shift and went back to ground zero.
  • Will the coaching staff be true to their word and put him in a position to win in 2020?
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 11

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:
  • Unyielding desire to be great.
  • Playoff game was the Josh Allen experience.
  • A few too many mistakes, but players let him down to leave plays on the field.
  • Staff and players let him down, where Houston made plays for Watson.
  • He felt the game shift and went back to ground zero.
  • Will the coaching staff be true to their word and put him in a position to win in 2020?

Thanks Hokie!

I am listening to Brandon Beane interview on Tim Graham show.   He flat out says "I'll ride or die with Josh Allen" and "I can do a better job with giving him weapons to where he doesn't feel as though he's got to put the whole team on his back"

So there you have it.  If the FO does NOT give him more protection and more weapons, Mr Beane is forsworn.

Edit: later on in that interview, Beane is asked about adding an insurance policy QB at QB as Tenn. did with acquiring Mariota when they have Tannehill.  Again Beane flat out said that you do that when you're not sure you have the guy, and that they're operating believing Josh is the guy and they're going to put all their resources in to putting pieces around him.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

All I need to know about Josh Allen is that he COMPETES HIS BALLS OFF EVERY PLAY. Every. Play. It’s something that can’t be coached and it’s infectious and is one of the reasons his teammates speak so highly of him. And it gives you a chance more often than not. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

specifically mention lesean saying he's a young raw QB and we need to help him out as well by making plays for him.  Brought up if John Brown makes that catch inside the 5, Williams catch he didn't come down with in the end zone

Was actually a good listen

Both Watson and Allen made plays for themselves but houstons players made more plays for watson than the players made for Josh

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He had the game won in the 1st half with those two passes...

I've watched both a million times now...Slow motion...Frame by frame...And I have to stop because it makes me too angry...

Both those throws were absolute money and to say Duke and Smoke let him down is a bit of an understatement...

Just heartbreaking... ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

‘Cowboy Josh’ it is. 

Love that Brandon is as passionate about him as I and many others are. This speaks directly to his critics -and we have a million of them here. Get on Board or get out. The Bills & McBeane are hitching their circled wagons to Allen. Brandon went so far in an interview on GR that $$ must be set aside for Josh, regarding the +$90M current cap.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just have to take another step forward. A lot for Josh to learn, and also a lot for the coaches and team management to learn. But luckily, I think the makeup of this team is to learn and progress. They all seem devoted to becoming better.

What did Rex Ryan do when he faced failure? He doubled down on his strategy and refused to change. He refused to listen to criticism. He refused input from his players and assistant coaches. He dug in his heels and stayed the flawed course. A lot of coaches and GM's are that way. McDermott and Beane are always looking for positive ways to change.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Just have to take another step forward. A lot for Josh to learn, and also a lot for the coaches and team management to learn. But luckily, I think the makeup of this team is to learn and progress. They all seem devoted to becoming better.

What did Rex Ryan do when he faced failure? He doubled down on his strategy and refused to change. He refused to listen to criticism. He refused input from his players and assistant coaches. He dug in his heels and stayed the flawed course. A lot of coaches and GM's are that way. McDermott and Beane are always looking for positive ways to change.

Fired Greg Roman after giving up 371 passing yards to Ryan Fitzpatrick :)  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

All I need to know about Josh Allen is that he COMPETES HIS BALLS OFF EVERY PLAY. Every. Play. It’s something that can’t be coached and it’s infectious and is one of the reasons his teammates speak so highly of him. And it gives you a chance more often than not. 

And... he’s 23! I don’t usually compare the two, but when Jim Kelly was 23 he was THREE YEARS away from taking his first snap for the Bills. As you said, Allen is nothing if not competitive and has shown the ability to learn and grow within the position. He made a lot of progress from year 1 to year 2. He’s far from a finished product but who is at 23. He has 2-3 years to show he’s *the guy* looking at contract timeline. People don’t want to wait for things but that’s reality. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And... he’s 23! I don’t usually compare the two, but when Jim Kelly was 23 he was THREE YEARS away from taking his first snap for the Bills. As you said, Allen is nothing if not competitive and has shown the ability to learn and grow within the position. He made a lot of progress from year 1 to year 2. He’s far from a finished product but who is at 23. He has 2-3 years to show he’s *the guy* looking at contract timeline. People don’t want to wait for things but that’s reality. 

I love Josh Allen with all his flaws. He has a ways to go; however, there is nothing I see in him or his play that leads me to doubt, in any way, that he will get there. In fact, just the opposite. It is unfortunate that so many will walk away from the Houston game thinking Allen had a meltdown and was the reason the Bills lost that game. He certainly made his share of mistakes; however, there was also so much to like about so much of what he did in that game. In the end, the loss was like every game the Bills play: A team effort, from coaches to players.

IMHO, the future looks pretty good with this kid leading the team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

‘Cowboy Josh’ it is. 

Love that Brandon is as passionate about him as I and many others are. This speaks directly to his critics -and we have a million of them here. Get on Board or get out. The Bills & McBeane are hitching their circled wagons to Allen. Brandon went so far in an interview on GR that $$ must be set aside for Josh, regarding the +$90M current cap.

I am sorry but I absolutely can not get on board with calling our QB a “cowboy”

Edit: I mean, that evidently IS what they call the Wyoming teams, so he is a Wyo "cowboy" or "poke" 

But this is the NFL, and it has that whole Dallas association.  NO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have brought it up on my computer and positioned the cursor over the start arrow and I just can't.  Call it a character flaw on my part, if you like.

I see a lot of people in the twitter thread said they agreed or couldn't disagree

Can you help me out with a summary?

I am like you. I haven't read anything he has written, or listened to anything he has said, in at least 4-5 years. It wasn't even so much whether I agreed with him or not (because he certainly made his share of valid points), it was the fatalistic, depressing tone in which he always seemed to present his views.

I just listened to the clip. It was a good assessment. But, even more than that, it was the first time I recall feeling real, genuine optimism from him. 

Hell has frozen over...