Imagine a world where even the NFL realizes the JA led Bills are their "golden goose"

I have not seen anyone address this, it is logical speculation.  At some point even the NFL will realize that the success and progression of the JA led Bills is in their financial self interest.  At that point the office/s on high would let the Officials know to protect JA and promote the Bills.  Or maybe it works some other way?  Wouldn't it be strange to see the Zebra calls/flags be in favor of the Bills as they seem to have been for Brady and other NFL money-makers?  I don't see this happening overnight but would not be surprised to see it over a several year period.  Any thoughts?  If my tech skills were better I would add a Rod Serling link, instead all I have is this:  https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/1/7/21051577/buffalo-bills-once-again-draw-huge-tv-ratings

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills have a sleeper National following from the Kelly years and they are starting to emerge from hibernation..having used to work in pa outside of Philly for awhile I can vouch even in the heart of Eagles country a surprising number of people walking around with Bills gear 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills have a sleeper National following from the Kelly years and they are starting to emerge from hibernation..having used to work in pa outside of Philly for awhile I can vouch even in the heart of Eagles country a surprising number of people walking around with Bills gear 

This is soooooo true. I run in to Bills fans EVERYWHERE I go. Bills have a lot of fans.  I predicted they would come out  if we ever got good and sure enough they are.

Was also thinking myself that since Buffalo gets huge viewership maybe the NFL should stop screwing us at some point and get on board.

• Like (+1) 3

As long as Brady plays for NE, we're not getting any love from the NFL. That was loud and clear watching the ridiculous JJ Watt pregame on all channels. I think it will come but not for another year or 2. Eventually Josh, Lamar & Patrick will be the tv/ revenue kings of the AFC.  Right now the marquee AFC championship matchup will be KC v Balt. You can take that to the bank. And the calls the Chiefs and Ravens get this weekend will reflect this.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Looking forward to some late games next year. How does NFL decide the 4:05  PM and 4:35 PM match ups? Bills rarely get these games and none recently at home.

Because they are West coast time slots and central I believe

Bills are 1pm eastern or they have to be MNF or SNF. The 4:05 west coast games are 1pm east coast slots

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As long as Brady plays for NE, we're not getting any love from the NFL. That was loud and clear watching the ridiculous JJ Watt pregame on all channels. I think it will come but not for another year or 2. Eventually Josh, Lamar & Patrick will be the tv/ revenue kings of the AFC.  Right now the marquee AFC championship matchup will be KC v Balt. You can take that to the bank. And the calls the Chiefs and Ravens get this weekend will reflect this.

That JJ Watt love was ridiculous. BUT, it did remind me of another over hyped player...

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

My conspiracy theory is, given how the NFL loves to pump the young QBs, they were hot for Mahommes vs Watson game followed by the winner vs Jackson.    Josh is young too, but his offense sucks, so no dice.  So, as usual, they left nothing to chance and got what they wanted all along.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills are 1pm eastern or they have to be MNF or SNF. The 4:05 west coast games are 1pm east coast slots

I see, so bills have no chance of getting these timings.I find  4 o'clock games are perfect not too early and not too late 

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

what is a TV revenue king?

The network contracts are set for years at a time, no matter who the "best" teams are.

24 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Looking forward to some late games next year. How does NFL decide the 4:05  PM and 4:35 PM match ups? Bills rarely get these games and none recently at home.

I expect no fewer than three primetime games.  They have a great schedule...home games vs. KC, NE***, PIT, LAR, SEA, and road games vs. OAK (in the new Vegas stadium), NE***, SF, TEN.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills/Steelers game was actually a below season-average viewed Thursday night game............but the spin was that it was the highest rated TV broadcast that week.......which that time slot kinda' always is.?

Bills got a little ways to go before they are a national ratings driver by themselves.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If they can get or develop a few more weapons around Allen, the Bills will be even more of a draw for the casual fan to watch. Josh is an exciting player to watch, for both good an bad reasons, but it is still ratings for the networks and NFL. Ratings=Respect by the league officials. It may take some time but I think it will happen.

I was thinking today about how, if the Bills had sustained some reasonable success after the Kelly years, they could have become one of the "traditional teams" with a really big National (and even International) following, and joined the ranks of the Steelers and Broncos as (though maybe a bit lower ranked) one of those kind of teams.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what is a TV revenue king?

The network contracts are set for years at a time, no matter who the "best" teams are.

The network makes more money covering certain teams due to increased viewership. More money means the NFL can get more money from the networks when it is time to re-bid.

17 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I was thinking today about how, if the Bills had sustained some reasonable success after the Kelly years, they could have become one of the "traditional teams" with a really big National (and even International) following, and joined the ranks of the Steelers and Broncos as (though maybe a bit lower ranked) one of those kind of teams.

Denver is so-so for ratings. The big draws in the AFC are New England and Pittsburgh, with huge national followings. In the NFC, it is Dallas and Green Bay, followed by the rest of the NFC East.

It will be very hard for Buffalo to break through without sustained success, and even then...

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He meant some east coast teams get a 4 PM time slot where much of the nation sees them (that slot is not just for west coast).