Yeldon

dimarco

Kroft 

lee smith

long

trent murphy

lawson

lo alexander

To me an overhaul is akin to replacing the entire O Line save one player. 

Gore - I liked the get because of the experience he brought

Yeldon - IMO never contributed to the run game, but his pass catching was better than I had expected those few games he played. Buh Bye 

PLAYER (19)
POS.

Jordan Phillips DT 27 UFA Keep
Spencer Long C 29 CO Keep
Lorenzo Alexander OLB 37 UFA RETIRED
Kevin Johnson CB 28 UFA ??
Shaq Lawson DE 26 UFA Keep
Quinton Spain G 29 UFA Keep
LaAdrian Waddle RT 29 UFA IR all season … Keep for 1 more year? 
Frank Gore RB 37 UFA Thanks for your contributions
Julian Stanford OLB 29 UFA ??
Maurice Alexander LB 30 UFA ??
Kurt Coleman FS 32 UFA ??
Corey Liuget DT 30 UFA ??
Senorise Perry RB 28 UFA ST need?
Isaiah McKenzie WR 25 RFA Keep
Dean Marlowe SS 28 RFA ??
Jason Croom TE 26 ERFA ??
Levi Wallace CB 25 ERFA ??
Robert Foster WR 26 ERFA ??
Isaac Asiata G 27 RFA ??

the ??  It wouldn't bother me to see them move on. 
1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

One weekend's worth of football doesn't change a decade plus trend that has demonstrated you've got to have a strong offense to win in the post-season.  Even still, Buffalo is a 25-25 team with the offense they've put on the field under McD.

I'll take my chances with a really strong offense and enough defense versus a pedestrian offense and excellent defense. 

I think I've heard this a number of times 

It's not what you do in the regular season but what you do in the Post Season.  

10 wins and a Mulluigan (JETS) got them there.  Add the right WR and TE set and they can do it again. imo

2 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

When we get to the SB (and win) we can revisit this idea. Until then, let’s get a team on players capable of getting us there first.

Which is why (homerism) I translated that into

Keep the Studs, lose the Duds. 

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

These guys have been known to surprise us before.

Did ANYONE see them trying to trade for Antonio Brown? 

I heard talk of interest, but when they heard the asking price they were still laughing after they hung up the phone

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Points scored in regulation for this past weekends playoff games - 

19, 20, 20, 17. 

Buffalo's season average  PPG - 19.0

A few things.

1. The Bills played the worst defense that made the playoffs this year

2. The Bills played the 26th hardest strength of schedule this year and were still 23rd in points scored.

(next year we play the 5th hardest SoS based off 2019 results). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

A few things.

2. The Bills played the 26th hardest strength of schedule this year and were still 23rd in points scored.

Enough of the lame excuses.

Your beloved Patriots played the same damn schedule and lost to 99% of the playoff teams they faced.

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Enough of the lame excuses.

Your beloved Patriots played the same damn schedule and lost to 99% of the playoff teams they faced.

LOL

When have I ever liked the Pats. 

What the hell does the rest of your post even mean?

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

LOL

When have I ever liked the Pats. 

What the hell does the rest of your post even mean?

We ALL know you do your best to trash the Bills.  YET I gave you the courtesy of one reply.

I'd say thanks for the contribution, but that would be a lie.  

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

We ALL know you do your best to trash the Bills.  YET I gave you the courtesy of one reply.

I'd say thanks for the contribution, but that would be a lie.  

Cool.

I post a couple of facts you don't like and you get completely bent out of shape and throw a temper tantrum.

Hilarious. 

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

A few things.

You're not wrong and you need to be right around the 21-24 points per game threshold - this has been a big issue with us for a long ass time. 

It has been mentioned in this thread (and I have mentioned in numerous threads as well) against Cover 0, we have no answer for it and cannot beat it. Our pass catchers (WR & TEs)

1.) do not get enough separation consistently against the better DBs in the league

2.) have had their fair share of drops this year 

3.) are not good at contested catches

4.) don't generate a ton of YAC

The WR we should be targeting in RD1 should have these traits and be an explosive athletic freak (the Beane DNA) and we need an RT and a better TE that Kroft & Smith. 

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

total nonsense,,,,just coach speak

you will see another  massive overhaul

likely gone to name a few

Gore

Yeldon

dimarco

Kroft 

lee smith

long

trent murphy

lawson

lo alexander

These are all players who can and should be upgraded. They keep saying the want to keep and resign the core, none of these guys represent the core. The core is Dawkins, Allen, Edmunds, Milano, Oliver & White. Singletary will likely be a core guy 

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

You're not wrong and you need to be right around the 21-24 points per game threshold - this has been a big issue with us for a long ass time. 

It has been mentioned in this thread (and I have mentioned in numerous threads as well) against Cover 0, we have no answer for it and cannot beat it. Our pass catchers (WR & TEs)

1.) do not get enough separation consistently against the better DBs in the league

2.) have had their fair share of drops this year 

3.) are not good at contested catches

4.) don't generate a ton of YAC

The WR we should be targeting in RD1 should have these traits and be an explosive athletic freak (the Beane DNA) and we need an RT and a better TE that Kroft & Smith. 

I agree with all of your points. I'd also add one more which is that Allen often fails to recognize an all out blitz when it's coming and thinks he'll have way more time to throw than he actually does. His pre snap recognition isn't the best. He also struggles to beat man coverage because he doesn't naturally throw with anticipation. He's better at beating zone because when guys are open, they're open and he's got the arm strength to beat defenders who are sitting in zone, waiting to break on the ball. When he needs to anticipate a small window, he often struggles. 

With how good the upcoming wide receiver class is, I hope the Bills double dip. Grab one early and grab one late and really build out the depth chart. 

The Bills showed against Houston they aren't married to playing Beasley when they played Duke ahead of him for much of the game. The Bills need to do whatever it takes to add talent to the WR position, and with so much talent available it could be a good year to grab another guy in the 4th round. Because there is so much talent available at that position, there might be a late 2nd/early 3rd talent available when we pick in the 4th round. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Sean McDermott wants Bills to remain as intact as possible

Head coach Sean McDermott and General Manager Brandon Beane have spent a lot of time overhauling the Bills roster since joining the organization in 2017, but McDermott’s hope for this offseason isn’t centered around bringing new faces to Buffalo.

McDermott said at a Tuesday press conference that a team picks up a different identity every year, but that he hopes to “keep as much of this team intact as possible” heading into next season. He said that his experience with the Panthers after Super Bowl 50 has colored his thinking on the subject.

“One of the things that happened when we came off the Super Bowl in Carolina is we probably let too many of the leaders out of the building,” McDermott said, via the Buffalo News. “Some of that comes with retirements and other factors. That’s part of what I meant with keeping as much of this team intact as possible. Each team is different but you give yourself a better chance if you keep the team intact.”

mods merge if duplicated 

I generally agree with this  but we do need to add few more key pieces to this offense , If our goal is going to be HOSTING a playoff game , winning a division and a bye week ( IMO ) should be the next step !!!

• Like (+1) 1

This kind of speaks to my one fear of McDermott and Beane.

They create this family, fun, and football atmosphere here.... which seems to be great, and the players buy in.  

However, I hope it doesnt bring too much emotion to it and cloud their judgement when re-signing their players.  Good teams often allow performers to sign elsewhere, knowing that the delta between them and an rookie wage player (or someone waiting in the wings) will not be that severe.  This will become especially important if/when Josh Allen gets starting QB money.  

It also makes things like Lee Smith and Croom happen.  Great guys im sure.  Connected.  But no roster room or money for them.

Edited by May Day 10

12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I agree with all of your points. I'd also add one more which is that Allen often fails to recognize an all out blitz when it's coming and thinks he'll have way more time to throw than he actually does. His pre snap recognition isn't the best. He also struggles to beat man coverage because he doesn't naturally throw with anticipation. He's better at beating zone because when guys are open, they're open and he's got the arm strength to beat defenders who are sitting in zone, waiting to break on the ball. When he needs to anticipate a small window, he often struggles. 

With how good the upcoming wide receiver class is, I hope the Bills double dip. Grab one early and grab one late and really build out the depth chart. 

The Bills showed against Houston they aren't married to playing Beasley when they played Duke ahead of him for much of the game. The Bills need to do whatever it takes to add talent to the WR position, and with so much talent available it could be a good year to grab another guy in the 4th round. Because there is so much talent available at that position, there might be a late 2nd/early 3rd talent available when we pick in the 4th round. 

We have an extra 5th and 2 extra 6ths to use to move around as well; I expect us to be fairly aggressive in targeting the WRs we want.

I agree with what you say about Allen, he is also prone to panicking. Continued upgrades on the OL and sure handed WRs/TEs who don't drop the ball should provide quick outlets that will help as well.

7 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This kind of speaks to my one fear of McDermott and Beane.

They create this family, fun, and football atmosphere here.... which seems to be great, and the players buy in.  

However, I hope it doesnt bring too much emotion to it and cloud their judgement when re-signing their players.  Good teams often allow performers to sign elsewhere, knowing that the delta between them and an rookie wage player (or someone waiting in the wings) will not be that severe.  This will become especially important if/when Josh Allen gets starting QB money.  

It also makes things like Lee Smith and Croom happen.  Great guys im sure.  Connected.  But no roster room or money for them.

I don't see Beane being prone to this, McD might be

• Like (+1) 1

It’s interesting to me he used the word “leaders” and not “talent”. I think we are putting words in his mouth talking about the talented players only. It’s proven this guy loves old less talented leaders and puts a premium on these players. Sometimes to the detriment of talent.

The more I think about talent the more I think the greatest talent (best NFL players) were frequently not leaders. Many (most?) were self-centered guys with a tremendous amount of individualistic drive to be the best at their position.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I think I've heard this a number of times 

It's not what you do in the regular season but what you do in the Post Season.  

10 wins and a Mulluigan (JETS) got them there.  Add the right WR and TE set and they can do it again. imo

There's a reason McD talked at the Combine about needing to score 21 or more to have a chance to win NFL games.

Teams scoring 21 or more points have won 46 of the last 55 playoff games from 2014 and 2018. 

Gotta score at a higher rate than 19 per game and I trust that McD and Beane will allocate the resources to improve the offense for 2020.  Otherwise, their ceiling is probably 9-10 wins. 

Edited by BillsVet

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'd hope the upgrade the WR room enough where he's borderline to make the roster. They shouldn't be wasting roster spots on WRs who are useless offensively. 

sorry but with an improved offense, starting field position will make a big deal for the offense. if you disagree we'll leave it at that.

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Actually, this is not true.

The year before Coach McDermott and GM Beane arrived we averaged 24.9 points per game and 23.7 the year before that.

I love ? tons about what Coach McDermott has done. The D is awesome. Great culture and teamwork.  PLAYOFFS!!!!!

But his offensive performance has been abysmal.   After 3 years and a total offensive rebuild, this is the best we can do? 19 points per? Sad.