Bills DL Coach Bill Teerlinck leaving for same position at Va Tech

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I was never impressed with him, his defensive lines would get blown off the ball defending the run, his defensive line would go  games without generating a sack.  When you play  Leslie Frazier's, 19th century cover two you need an attacking defensive line that attacks the line of scrimmage. I hope Buffalo can find a good defensive line coach with an attacking style.  I like Eric Washington.

This could be the ultimate double down repeat thread of stupid useless misinformation repeated verbatim in the same thread in the history of the world.

It may be better to work with kids trying to get in to the NFL and are still hungry versus NFL prima donnas.  

Knows the VA head coach.

May be behind the scenes stuff at OBD we don't know about.

Maybe has been wanting a promotion and it wasn't happening.

Could be a lot of sound reasons for this move.  We'll probably never know.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, MAJBobby said:

The other thing is there were is the upward mobility?  He wont get a DC job in the NFL because everyone knows it is McD and Fraiser, and that also limits the internal DC move as well because Fraiser wont go anywhere.  So likely lets get back with a Friend, recruit well (easier now with NFL Ties), and get the DC job in VT, probably the faster upward mobility for him going this route

Bingo...VT just lost their long time DC, Bud Foster.  They'll replace him of course but in the event the new person doesn't work out, and he's friends with the coach and has pro experience would seem like a good fit for DC role.  Assuming he doesn't screw anything up.  

7 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

This could be the ultimate double down repeat thread of stupid useless misinformation repeated verbatim in the same thread in the history of the world.

Eagles game, Cleveland game, Patriots game giants game, Cincinnati game no pressure on Qb's.  Ed oliver went how many games without having sack oh that did not happen until we started to blitz more.  How miami in buffalo how many sacks came from our defensive line.  Not one bill defensive line had double digit sacks the last two years when he started.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:17 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think a lateral move to lower level of football fits your narrative. My best guess is the Bills told him to look elsewhere. 

there’s almost certainly something more. Whether that’s letting him save face or some outside draw to the Virginia area or...

guys don’t happily take demotions, and pay cuts for a more time consuming job for the heck of it or cause he knows a guy a bit. It feels like he found a soft landing.