My Off-Season Primer: Position Group: RB

MAJBobby

On 1/11/2020 at 3:58 PM, MAJBobby said:

Read what I wrote about Tier one BEFORE I mentioned UFAs. I specifically said I am looking at backup RBs. 

Any thoughts on Mckinnon?  He's a guaranteed cut... because of his contract.  I'm leery of the injury history, but i doubt it would cost much to bring him in. 

I always found him to be pretty quick and dynamic, fast with a do all style as well.

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Any thoughts on Mckinnon?  He's a guaranteed cut... because of his contract.  I'm leery of the injury history, but i doubt it would cost much to bring him in. 

I always found him to be pretty quick and dynamic, fast with a do all style as well.

I thought McKinnon was going to be a top end back in the league. I think the injuries have taken a lot from him. I could get on board with a small prove it contract. Similar to Trent Murphy’s. Easy outs. Show me you can stay healthy. So maybe a multi year deal with club options. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I thought McKinnon was going to be a top end back in the league. I think the injuries have taken a lot from him. I could get on board with a small prove it contract. Similar to Trent Murphy’s. Easy outs. Show me you can stay healthy. So maybe a multi year deal with club options. 

2 years for an ACL is a bit strange too - maybe some kind of infection slowed his rehab?  I'm sure he probably could've played this year but its easier for the team to IR a guy at a position where you only carry like 3 guys.  You only can take 2 back from IR too, and coleman/mostert/breida trifecta with Juscuzkyk is about as good a group as you can get.  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on AJ Dillon? He’s a Derrick Henry “type”

As an OSU fan, how do you feel about Dobbins? I’d like it if the Bills got a RB that can really pass block like Freddy used to to give Allen that last line of defense. From what I’ve seen (limited), Dobbins has gotten pretty good at that this year.

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

As an OSU fan, how do you feel about Dobbins? I’d like it if the Bills got a RB that can really pass block like Freddy used to to give Allen that last line of defense. From what I’ve seen (limited), Dobbins has gotten pretty good at that this year.

Dobbins is an excellent RB but he will be gone before the Bills would logically take a RB imo. He’s a super clean prospect too - character, work ethic, etc (wayyyy moreso than Zeke was) - I could see Miami/ Flores at the top of the 2nd taking him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

What a waste. I would have loved either of those guys... I just don't get the wisdom on going back to school as a RB if you're anywhere near a top 150 pick. 

yeah it doesn’t make sense to go put more miles on those bodies. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

What a waste. I would have loved either of those guys... I just don't get the wisdom on going back to school as a RB if you're anywhere near a top 150 pick. 

What if they actually want to return to school and earn a degree?  I mean, most athletes aren't there for the education, but maybe they are.

29 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

What if they actually want to return to school and earn a degree?  I mean, most athletes aren't there for the education, but maybe they are.

Thats possible, though If They end up playing football in school next year, it ends up being the same issue. They could return and get their degree while not playing which would prevent injury and allow them to declare next year. They could also wait and return to school after going pro. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Bills add a Vet RB, others have mentioned Drake and I like him but I think he wants to go somewhere to start. Henry is a pipe dream for several reason AND he also wants to be the feature back and to me Singletary needs a complimentary guy so they can have a 70/30 split. Yeldon and Thompson fit an interchangeable mold that makes sense for versatility reasons and then a bruising RB in the Draft is where my money goes.

Edit: after looking at the whole FA RB list on Spotrac, I'm changing my tune. Sign Barber from TB, then take a speed RB in the Draft. Barber is only 26 and underrated IMHO, and keep Yeldon active on gamedays, then get rid of DiMarco. 

Edited by BigBuff423