The plan to replace Lorenzo Alexander?

warrior9

On 1/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Lorenzo offered great flexiblity because he played two different positions, but he is super low on the list of positions that need players.  

He played infrequently as a strong side linebackers. The Bills were more often than not in their nickle package, which makes sense given how much 11 personnel teams run. We of course need a strong side guy, but that player will not get more than 25% of snaps.  I wouldn't invest high priced assets in finding that player. 

The rest of Lorenzo's time on the field was as a pass rusher. We of course need pass rushers, but that is nothing new. I think everyone here already new we needed a new edge rusher. 

Don’t forget his contribution on ST

the thing is that will need more then one roaster spot to replace  Z0 

Edited by Putin

8 hours ago, Putin said:

Don’t forget his contribution on ST

the thing is that will need more then one roaster spot to replace  Z0 

The only "good" thing is that he only played ~50% of defensive snaps. We relied on the nickel a ton this year. I think he will absolutely be missed on 3rd downs and special teams. McDermott will find someone more athletic to utilize in similar situations. Toward the end of the year we saw Tremaine take some of that "at the line" blitzing as well where he would "show and go."

Maybe they see Milano moving into that role (just on 3rd downs. He is NOT only playing 50% of the snaps next year) and Joseph being the 1st and second down Milano? Who knows. It'll be interesting to see that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Although they will have Joseph coming back i have read that Sean Lee wants to continue to play but will probably not be brought back to the boys do you think Beane will bring him in for at least a talk ?

He would be a great veteran in the room & he can still produce on the field & seeing as he is on the down side of his career he could possibly be brought in on a very reasonable veteran contract he could be a good replacement for Zo .

• 1 month later...

Could FA Kamalei Correa OLB from the Titans fill Lorenzo Alexander’s spot?

He’s only 25 (26 in April). I know the Patriots tried to claim him in the past. He stood out to me in games where I watched him play. 

51 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Could FA Kamalei Correa OLB from the Titans fill Lorenzo Alexander’s spot?

He’s only 25 (26 in April). I know the Patriots tried to claim him in the past. He stood out to me in games where I watched him play. 

Our 3 LB's will be Edmunds, Milano, and Klein. Addison and Jefferson added for pass rush. Matakevich as a Special Teams ace. These moves have Lorenzo's roles already replaced across the board (as well as Shaq Lawson's).

Edited by BillsFanForever19