Tom brady not retiring according to himself

Steptide

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/06/nfl-wild-card-tom-brady-fmia-peter-king/

Interesting read. 

Kraft definitely wants Brady back, and if now he wants him to retire. 

I thought Brady wanted to come back after reading this quote -

“First time in 20 years you’re truly a free man,” I said. “How do you feel about that right now?”

“Yeah,” said Brady. “I think I’m just . . . I’ll explore those opportunities whenever they are. If it’s the Patriots, great. If that doesn’t work, I don’t know. I just don’t know. I love playing football. I still want to play football. I think I still can play at a championship level. I’ve just got to go do it. I’m motivated to get back to work and training.”

But then I read this -

In his office four hours before the game, owner Robert Kraft broke his silence on Brady’s future.

“Before the season started,” Kraft said, “it was very important to Tom that he be free to do whatever he wanted at the end of the year. You know what I said to myself? That any person who plays 20 years for this team and helps us get to nine Super Bowls, and been really selfless, has earned that right. I love the young man like he’s part of my family. Blood family. Anyone who’s done that has earned the right to control his future after 20 years. And you know, my hope and prayer is number one, he play for the Patriots. Or number two, he retires. He has the freedom to decide what he wants to do and what’s in his own best personal interest.”

I still think Brady most likely wants to be back in New England. But we will see soon enough.

Not as sure about Belichick though. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

All this talk of "no help" for Tommy... give me a break!

He had the Boogeymen, HISTORIC defense! The greatest defense of all-time maybe, remember? 

He has Josh McDaniels, the OC everyone wants to interview, but not hire.

He has Belichick, perhaps the greatest HC of all time.

He had all the funny business that NE pulls.

And STILL he looked average at best, and worse many times.

I watched just about every Pats game this year, and none of this comes close to addressing what people actually mean when they say he had no help. He had skill players that made the Bills' look like the Chiefs' before they dumped Hunt. Watson played football like a 90 year old, and was by far their best TE. Edelman led the league in drops and was hurt all year, and double covered because they had no threat behind him. Dorsett is kinda dumb and was never on the same page as Tom - he was always the guy Brady was furious at for running incorrect routes and creating seemingly bad throws by not being in the right spot. Harry was hurt and he and Sanu are not the kind of WR brady needs. He doesn't care about guys who can improvise and win jump balls, he needs guys to run precise routes first and foremost, and that points to a type of receiver Harry and Sanu have never and will never be. The combination really helped to drag down Brady's production as the season wound to a close. 

That being said, he still put up solid to good numbers overall, and this is because, to my chagrin, he can still play well. He lost a bit of strength on deep and outside throws, but looked better than ever on a few outside shots just this past Saturday, and we know he's been dealing with elbow issues lately. The amount that he himself has personally declined is overstated here because Bills fans desperately want it to be true, and we've wanted it to be true for years. It's more true now than ever, and is happening, but is happening slower than is stated with abandon around here, and only accentuated by quite easily the worst collection of skill players he's ever had in NE (even the RBs - Michel forgot how to run this season, he was horrible. White was his usual receiver self, and was 2nd on the team in receiving). 

He is going to continue to hurt and decline, these injuries heal slower as he gets older, and he's only going to get weaker. But there is no doubt in my mind that the potential for him to stay, for Belichick to upgrade the skill positions, and for NE to again win the division and playoff games and even a SB, is still very real going into 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

And Brady won an MVP in 2018 lol.. we're talking Manning 2015 and Brady 2020, they're not magically getting better. What about 2013.

I saw no strong evidence of Brady’s skills declining. It’s not like he lost arm strength or mobility or suffered a bad injury. He had nobody to throw the ball to. The better comp is to Manning leaving Indy in 2013.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a win for all except possibly Brady and the Pats.

Best case scenario for him is he beats us like he always has but still doesn't have enough to win another superbowl. 

It's ho, hum...Brady beat the Bills again, big deal. If we beat them, then we send him out to pasture holding the L. 

I'll sign up for another crack at what I think is a guy on his last legs taking up way more cap space than he's worth. 

Maybe he doesn't get the last laugh and victory against us. Worth another shot

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I just came here to say ***** Tom Brady :)

You beat me to it, but just to make certain, Fuh K Tom Brady

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I saw no strong evidence of Brady’s skills declining. It’s not like he lost arm strength or mobility or suffered a bad injury. He had nobody to throw the ball to. The better comp is to Manning leaving Indy in 2013.

Ooh I think he lost arm strength big time. But no worries. Agree to disagree. I have him as 2015 Manning at this point. Saw them get their last MVP award and have similar trajectories their last 2 years.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Ooh I think he lost arm strength big time. But no worries. Agree to disagree. I have him as 2015 Manning at this point. Saw them get their last MVP award and have similar trajectories their last 2 years.

Fair enough. I will be curious to see him next year with some weapons. Will be the true test. 

10 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Brady was already a shell of himself this year. We saw how that goes, Pats just arent that good with him at QB offensively. Didn't translate to wins for us against you guys for a few reasons. But I wont mind if he's playing for the Pats again next season, which I fully expect. He will never be the reason you guys beat us again, I am confident of that. 

Yet he threw for 4000 yards 24tds and 8int with literally nobody. There is a reason NE went after AB.

I can argue in his 2nd game he was the reason they beat us. Dont be in denial. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It’s over man. 
The Pats D isn’t in the same zip code as that Bronco team.

Brady is a cheater(fact, proven) and it’s poetic justice his last completion was a pick six. That’s the football gods speaking loud and clear. 

Yet the football gods gave his 6 rings,  75% winning % over 22.5 seasons worth of games.

Yep the football gods really instilled justice.

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

His arm strength didnt diminish, he dealt witg an elbow issue. Infact his arm strength is better than brees. 

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

This is a win for all except possibly Brady and the Pats.

Best case scenario for him is he beats us like he always has but still doesn't have enough to win another superbowl. 

It's ho, hum...Brady beat the Bills again, big deal. If we beat them, then we send him out to pasture holding the L. 

I'll sign up for another crack at what I think is a guy on his last legs taking up way more cap space than he's worth. 

Maybe he doesn't get the last laugh and victory against us. Worth another shot

Id take brady at 43 over allen all day everyday.  Most bills fans here in niagara falls hate greatness. They are jealous of the success, something this team has never had. The only good thing to come out of western ny was thr 2005 niagara falls hs basketball team and gronkowski. 

Oh and brett kern from grand island

39 minutes ago, Bigmanbills88 said:

Yet he threw for 4000 yards 24tds and 8int with literally nobody. There is a reason NE went after AB.

I can argue in his 2nd game he was the reason they beat us. Dont be in denial. 

Yet the football gods gave his 6 rings,  75% winning % over 22.5 seasons worth of games.

Yep the football gods really instilled justice.

His arm strength didnt diminish, he dealt witg an elbow issue. Infact his arm strength is better than brees. 

It’s all going to come out one day and the rings will forever be tainted. They already are. 

11 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I want him out of the division. I never want to see him again, let alone twice each year. 

This !!.....Brady is 30 and 3 vs the Bills........getting to 30 and 5 doesn't move the needle enough in my book to justify him staying in the AFC East.....I'm happy if the Bills never have to face Brady again...ever ....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

This !!.....Brady is 30 and 3 vs the Bills........getting to 30 and 5 doesn't move the needle enough in my book to justify him staying in the AFC East.....I'm happy if the Bills never have to face Brady again...ever ....

How about 30-7?

Heck, maybe even 30-8 if NE makes a last run to the playoffs as a WC....

7 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Peyton was 8-4 against the Bills not nearly as bad as Brady's 31-3 record.  I have a feeling we would have beat Peyton a fair amount of the time had the Colts remained in our division.  He didn't play for a cheating organization.  

He is actually 32-3 vs. us:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/.

Edited by egd

54 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

32-3 actually.

3 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Looks like 2019 Aaron Rodgers actually.

Anyway, where else but NE would he go?  What would be the point?  His best chance to "go out on top" is where he is.