Tom brady not retiring according to himself

Steptide

In 2018 with a healthy Gronk and a healthy Edelman and Hogan who played well for them the offense struggled so Bill Belichick went to a power running game and had Brady play game manager.

That continued this year. Because Brady is missing throws and for 2 straight years has done everything possible to avoid any contact in the pocket.

So 41 year old Brady became game manager but had 1 decent half in KC throwing, although he did throw the game ending INT that Ford was Offside for.

42 year old Brady became a less effective game manager that struggled more and started to pile up injuries.

So now 43 year old Brady is going to suddenly improve?

Last 2 playoff games:

13 points each time

0 TD

2 INT

Lady year he had Gronk and healthy Edelman

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Be careful what you wish for.. Manning was a shell of his former self his last year... the Broncos still won the SB.  Just because someone has lost a step doesn’t mean when healthy he still isn’t better than most others in the game.

I think that Brady will be in comparatively worse shape should he be on any roster opening day 2020.  Good nutrition, exercise, etc. can only do so much.  Most of us like to view ourselves as invincible and even I was surprised when I lost a step a year ago even though I am not much over 50.  

57 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

but what about 2013? Manning had the best season ever for a QB as an old man Bronco. 

Yes, but anyone can see that Brady has begun to decline. Manning, at that point, hadn't.

Once the age decline starts, there is no stopping it, and certainly no reversing it.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

As a fan who's much older than Marsha, all I can say is; I wish I could tell you it is going to get better.  It's not!  The dumbas* should have retired while he was still on top.

Favre 2.0. It's hard to say goodbye. . . . 

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Sounds to me like this a preemptively telling the fans I want to be here but let’s see if the Patriots still believe in me, I.E. Pay me.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he played for another team next year.

I think that it is simply he just wants to keep playing and isn’t ready for the next stage of his life. Saying he has more to prove is just ... well, he has 6 SB rings. No, he really doesn’t have anything more to prove. If he leaves it will be like Michael Jordan going to the wizards. 

He will still have the occasional big game, but overall he will be middle of the pack at best. 

This season he was:

7th in passing yards (that's pretty good but there was a sharp drop off in the last half of this season)

13th in TD passes

27th in completion %

19th in QB rating

Right now, he's outside the top 10 in every category except passing yards. 

Overall, he's about #15 or so in terms of starting QBs. That isn't terrible, but it's also nothing to fear. 

AND, unlike some of the younger QBs in that range, he is going to be 43 and isn't going to improve. 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s definitely staying in NE. They’re going to have to go hard after a big WR, a TE, and probably a center and another back that they trust as much as White if they want to make a run, because Brady isn’t TOM BRADY anymore 

Couldn't disagree more.

He me well end up in New England, but that is far from definite at this point.

Now that we know Brady wants to come back, following what happens to him becomes one of the most interesting stories of the off-season for me.

My theory all along is that he will not play for the Patriots again.

What he does might really impact the Bills and the future of the AFC East.

Interesting times.

IMO he did this force NE to do what he wants. 

Kraft will do just about anything to keep his Tommy. 

1. Brady gets a big $$ deal. 

2. Antonio Brown will be back in NE

3. They sign/trade for a TE

That might sound scary, but 2020 Brady is like having Case Keenum at QB with those weapons. And they will lose some members of that defense and hopefully the OC in addition to the ST coach. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

i'm grateful the Colts left the AFC East or it would have been Peyton and Tom for an 0-4

Peyton was 8-4 against the Bills not nearly as bad as Brady's 31-3 record.  I have a feeling we would have beat Peyton a fair amount of the time had the Colts remained in our division.  He didn't play for a cheating organization.  

Edited by Azucho98

Pats fans are over the top about this.  #7 on the way!

Hope they re-sign him for 3 years.  He was the monster in the closet for me for a long time, but I'd love to see the Bills play the guy who was out there the past couple of weeks twice a season.  He's not going to get any better at this point.  He's going the Peyton Manning route (but without the kind of D that can win him a SB).

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

IMO he did this force NE to do what he wants. 

Kraft will do just about anything to keep his Tommy. 

1. Brady gets a big $$ deal. 

2. Antonio Brown will be back in NE

3. They sign/trade for a TE

That might sound scary, but 2020 Brady is like having Case Keenum at QB with those weapons. And they will lose some members of that defense and hopefully the OC in addition to the ST coach. 

Yup.  This was intentional to get the fan base emotionally in his corner 100%, and also tug at the heart strings of Bobby Kraft

If he stays or not with the Cheats depends how much $$$ he asks for, and if they find a QB to replace him.

I know his age comes up all the time, but besides throwing the ball away a lot to avoid hits and less arm strength, is he really that diminished or the surrounding cast was simply not good?

And as much as we dislike his arrogance, that is a great text he did. Even the dude that won the most Superbowl rings had a lost to end his season 14th times... A point to keep in mind for those who think the Bills are already finished and blew their one chance. Only one team out of 32 finishes the year happy.

51 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

If he stays or not with the Cheats depends how much $$$ he asks for, and if they find a QB to replace him.

I know his age comes up all the time, but besides throwing the ball away a lot to avoid hits and less arm strength, is he really that diminished or the surrounding cast was simply not good?

And as much as we dislike his arrogance, that is a great text he did. Even the dude that won the most Superbowl rings had a lost to end his season 14th times... A point to keep in mind for those who think the Bills are already finished and blew their one chance. Only one team out of 32 finishes the year happy.

Good sense of perspective! The Saints just went 13-3, heard all the Super Bowl talk, and lost in heartbreaking fashion for the 3rd year in a row. 

In terms of Brady... I think he has gone from top 2-3 to top 15 level QB play, capable of huge games here and there but not consistent anymore due to being 42-43.