Tom brady not retiring according to himself

Steptide

43 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Be careful what you wish for.. Manning was a shell of his former self his last year... the Broncos still won the SB.  Just because someone has lost a step doesn’t mean when healthy he still isn’t better than most others in the game.

I think the Broncos won in spite of Manning. He couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s definitely staying in NE. They’re going to have to go hard after a big WR, a TE, and probably a center and another back that they trust as much as White if they want to make a run, because Brady isn’t TOM BRADY anymore 

Yeah, he’s not Brady Brady but it was far more than him.  Their wrs kinda sucked, their rbs weren’t good, and their o line had a bunch of injuries.  

he isn’t the best qb anymore but he can still be pretty good.  

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think the Broncos won in spite of Manning. He couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield.

That’s true.  Brady is far better than Manning was at that point. 

• Like (+1) 2

John Elway is getting ready to pick up the phone...honestly that might not be a bad idea...their defense might be good enough with Brady there for a year. Hell, WE might be good enough with Brady here, but there is no way the Bills do that.  The Broncos have Locke but he wasn't a first round pick and only started a few games so they could slide Brady in and use that as an excuse to give him a learning year under the best.

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yes, but they won in spite of Manning. Not because of him. He was not good. And it wasn't one of those scenarios where he was still better than everyone else. If I remember correctly, there was a lot of talk about maybe letting Brock Osweiler take the reins for the playoffs. Manning suffered a foot injury, and almost lost his job permanently because Osweiler came in and played better than he had before the injury. It was his worst year statistically since his rookie season.

but what about 2013? Manning had the best season ever for a QB as an old man Bronco. 

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I don’t know why that would be great. It would basically being age beating him, not us. Let’s face it— he owned us for 20 years. Even if we win now, it’s because he becomes too old. I’d rather not face the guy, because there is also a chance he puts up a Peyton Manning-like 2013 season if surrounded by the proper talent. 

I get your point, I don't think it would be great or take away the 20 years of dominance. 

But your second point about Peyton kind of argues against your first. If you'd rather not face him then beating him is still accomplishing something. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Be careful what you wish for.. Manning was a shell of his former self his last year... the Broncos still won the SB.  Just because someone has lost a step doesn’t mean when healthy he still isn’t better than most others in the game.

Get bent

I have no love for the Patriots or Brady, but his statement is a pretty accurate description of the culture McDermott is cultivating in Buffalo.  I do think it's going to become harder for Belichick (and Brady if he stays) to continue the level of success of the Patriots over the past 2 decades.  I hope Buffalo is ready to step in the gap.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Kinda hope he stays with the Patriots. I want to win the division next year with him in it 

Totally agree. His record against the Bills is going to be laughable regardless but hopefully it can still end on a positive note for Buffalo. Not the case right now.

Good for him.  Best QB ever and it's not even up for debate.  My only hope for him is that he ends his career healthy.   I hope he sucks to the point of embarrassing himself and his entire family ... but I hope he can do that and literally walk away from the game on his terms.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Brady was already a shell of himself this year. We saw how that goes, Pats just arent that good with him at QB offensively. Didn't translate to wins for us against you guys for a few reasons. But I wont mind if he's playing for the Pats again next season, which I fully expect. He will never be the reason you guys beat us again, I am confident of that. 

Mid way 2018 Brady started to decline and never regained his form. Arm strength diminished, accuracy wasn’t as precise, and he does not slide around the pocket like he once did. Soon his mind will not be as crisp either. 

• Like (+1) 1

Age catches up to everyone.  Eventually.

And even though it seemed like this day was never going to come, it appears to have finally reached Tom Brady.

Don't get me wrong.  He still has the ability to have good games occasionally.  But I don't think he's good enough to carry an offense by himself anymore, which is something he's been able to do for 15-20 years now.  Outside of Randy Moss (for two seasons) and Rob Gronkowski (who was always hurt), Brady hasn't ever been surrounded with Pro-Bowl talent.  His running backs have always been average/below average.  And I believe guys like Julian Edelman, Wes Welker, Deion Branch and Troy Brown were successful because of Brady.  Not the other way around.  

I think Bill Belichick realizes this.  Which is why he drafted a Wide Receiver in the first round for the first time ever, and went after Antonio Brown when he got cut.  He knows that Brady needs help now, and can't do it alone anymore.  They desperately need to surround Brady with more talent.  The problem is, the Patriots have a ton of free agents (around 20 with several starters, including Brady himself).  They also don't have a second round pick, and will need to make the tough decision whether to use their first rounder on a future QB.  

The smart decision for the Patriots would be to cut ties with Brady, and start rebuilding for the future.  But I don't know if their pride will allow this.  If they bring back Brady, they won't be able to afford to give him enough surrounding help.  And they will set-back their ability to build for the future.

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Mid way 2018 Brady started to decline and never regained his form. Arm strength diminished, accuracy wasn’t as precise, and he does not slide around the pocket like he once did. Soon his mind will not be as crisp either. 

While I agree with this, have we ever had a qb who had 4,000 yards and 24 tds as Brady declined too this year?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Good for him.  Best QB ever and it's not even up for debate.  My only hope for him is that he ends his career healthy.   I hope he sucks to the point of embarrassing himself and his entire family ... but I hope he can do that and literally walk away from the game on his terms.

Yes it is.  When Matt Cassel can get 11 wins in NE .....      the debate is to be had

• Like (+1) 1