Tom brady not retiring according to himself

Steptide

21 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Kinda hope he stays with the Patriots. I want to win the division next year with him in it 

Be careful what you wish for.. Manning was a shell of his former self his last year... the Broncos still won the SB.  Just because someone has lost a step doesn’t mean when healthy he still isn’t better than most others in the game.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Be careful what you wish for.. Manning was a shell of his former self his last year... the Broncos still won the SB.  Just because someone has lost a step doesn’t mean when healthy he still isn’t better than most others in the game.

Brady was already a shell of himself this year. We saw how that goes, Pats just arent that good with him at QB offensively. Didn't translate to wins for us against you guys for a few reasons. But I wont mind if he's playing for the Pats again next season, which I fully expect. He will never be the reason you guys beat us again, I am confident of that. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I want him out of the division. I never want to see him again, let alone twice each year. 

i'm grateful the Colts left the AFC East or it would have been Peyton and Tom for an 0-4

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I want him out of the division. I never want to see him again, let alone twice each year. 

I don’t care about playing him personally. It’s their defense/ST that is beating the Bills now. That is what we need to overcome at this point, not Brady. He’s not getting it done vs the Bills anymore. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s definitely staying in NE. They’re going to have to go hard after a big WR, a TE, and probably a center and another back that they trust as much as White if they want to make a run, because Brady isn’t TOM BRADY anymore 

I think he is gone. They won’t be able to surround him with enough premium talent, so if he returns, it will basically be a repeat of this year (throwing to a 38-year old TE and raw rookie receivers). 

I think he will go to a really offensively talent-rich team and try to light it up. To me, Cleveland makes the most sense especially if they sign McDaniels. Every skill player on that team is better than every one on NE. 

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think you're missing the point. Whether he's a shell of himself or not, it would be nice to actually beat him instead of waiting out his retirement.

• Like (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Actually that’s what I said this year - I thought they could still get there because of their defense. Nope

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think you're missing the point. Whether he's a shell of himself or not, it would be nice to actually beat him instead of waiting out his retirement.

I don’t know why that would be great. It would basically being age beating him, not us. Let’s face it— he owned us for 20 years. Even if we win now, it’s because he becomes too old. I’d rather not face the guy, because there is also a chance he puts up a Peyton Manning-like 2013 season if surrounded by the proper talent. 

18 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think he is gone. They won’t be able to surround him with enough premium talent, so if he returns, it will basically be a repeat of this year (throwing to a 38-year old TE and raw rookie receivers). 

I think he will go to a really offensively talent-rich team and try to light it up. To me, Cleveland makes the most sense especially if they sign McDaniels. Every skill player on that team is better than every one on NE. 

That's the catch-22.

I was actually reading the Pats boards last week and someone said:

Keep the defense together

Gather weapons for offense

Re-sign Tom Brady

Pick 2.  All 3 is impossible.  

Even if offensive weapons are gathered, and Brady is retained, will it matter?  They arent getting a generational (dare I say GOAT) Tight End any time soon or forever.  Outside of slants and screens, Brady is unable to stretch the field or throw good sideline-out passes with any sort of consistency anymore.  They already have Edelman for the slants.  Screens they do a good job, but when a team defends the screen and tackles well?    

The only way I see this continuing, is if Brady re-ups for a pay cut, they improve the offense, and keep the defense intact

It is also very tough to "get weapons".  The Patriots have thrived for 20 years due to their ability to succeed without a glut of weapons and over-spending.

39 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes, but they won in spite of Manning. Not because of him. He was not good. And it wasn't one of those scenarios where he was still better than everyone else. If I remember correctly, there was a lot of talk about maybe letting Brock Osweiler take the reins for the playoffs. Manning suffered a foot injury, and almost lost his job permanently because Osweiler came in and played better than he had before the injury. It was his worst year statistically since his rookie season.

• Like (+1) 2