Way too early 2020 season expectations

Jasovon

It's sort of like Mock draft 1.0.

There are many variables that we have to see how they shake out before we can give a much better idea of the win loss estimations.  

But for now:

I expect Devin Singletary to be used even more for receptions this year.

I expect that the Bills will add another upgrade at the WR spot.

I expect Knox to get better and become a good TE in this league and I expect Sweeney will replace Lee Smith.  I also expect Tyler Kroft to be used more.

I expect that the offensive line will have a second year together and will be better than they were this past year.

I expect Brown and Beasley to have more familiarity with Josh Allen and that his level of efficiency with them will improve.

I expect that the Bills will get another pass rusher and that the pass rush will be better than this past year.

I expect the Bills defense to remain top 5.

And most importantly, I expect  Josh Allen making strides once again and that he will be  around 61% completion with around 35 TD's between passes and runs.  

Bills go 11-5 next year and win the division.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Z-Mann said:

So for teams under .500, you would improve them 50% to the mean of 8-8?  

No. If a team wins 6 this year, the best guess is that they’ll split the difference with .500

and win 7 next year. Again, that’s before rosters are settled, etc. While my prediction now would be that the Pats go 10-6 next year, if Brady leaves and Stidham is the QB, obviously that goes down. 

• Like (+1) 1

10-6 again. There is no way the schedule could be easier, or even as easy as this year's schedule. We have enough cap space, to retain whoever we want to, and enough to add a couple more players. Focus on Wide Receiver and at least an offensive line men or two, and we can get the playoffs again. 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. If a team wins 6 this year, the best guess is that they’ll split the difference with .500

and win 7 next year. Again, that’s before rosters are settled, etc. While my prediction now would be that the Pats go 10-6 next year, if Brady leaves and Stidham is the QB, obviously that goes down. 

Yea, sorry, that's what I meant - a 3 win team in 2019, dirty math, may get around 5-6 wins in 2020.  Make sense, good rule of thumb.

Edited by Z-Mann

Just now, Z-Mann said:

Yea, sorry, that's what I meant - a 3 win team in 2019, dirty math. may get around 5-6 wins in 2020.  Make sense, good rule of thumb.

Thanks. And that’s exactly what it is - a quick rule of thumb. But I think it does give us a sense of where we and our competitors stand right now with respect to true talent level. For us, that’s a good team! Very few teams actually project as 11 wins or better. There’s just too much variability and luck involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's pretty impressive when you think about this 2019 Bills team, I know a bunch of people say we had an easy schedule and on paper that's true but in reality we actually faced 6 teams that were in the top 10 (in total defense in 2019)and 2 of which we faced twice- Ravens, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, Steelers and Eagles, we did have a 3-4 record but one of those were the last Jets game where we benched our starters. 

Everything about Allen progressed upward from his TD to INT ratio from last year, his completion % was better, he looks like he'll be our guy going forward, he still does some bone headed plays which I think may be instilled in him so we may have to take the good and the bad with him because it looks to me that he just can't break that whole "I have to win this all myself".We should have a bunch of many to better improve areas of need through FA and I have confidence GM Beane will do well in the draft covering the rest of our needs. The future looks really bright imo.

Way too early but I will also say 10-6. But it is going to be more difficult. I know a lot of you point to the schedule as the reason the Bills had a good record, but don't overlook the amazing clean bill of health the Bills as a team enjoyed in 2019.

Injuries hurt seasons more then soft schedules help a season.

Will the Bills be as fortunate in this regard in 2020? Time will tell.

41 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Way too early but I will also say 10-6. But it is going to be more difficult. I know a lot of you point to the schedule as the reason the Bills had a good record, but don't overlook the amazing clean bill of health the Bills as a team enjoyed in 2019.

Injuries hurt seasons more then soft schedules help a season.

Will the Bills be as fortunate in this regard in 2020? Time will tell.

A lot has been made of our facilities and McDermott’s philosophy towards health.  

Of course you can’t prevent something like Harrison Phillips tearing an ACL, but I don’t think it’s just a coincidence that we stayed relatively healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

We should win the division with or without Brady in NE..I still think the Jets are a mess, and Miami isn't much better. They don't have a QB and if Fitz is the starter, he screams of a .500 season. So, with next years schedule. We are probably looking at 9 to 11 wins as long as nothing catastrophic happens.. 

This being said I am guessing Vegas will have the Bills at 7.5 wins next season..

I hate to say it, but the schedule is going to be brutal next season: Pittsburgh with presumably a real QB, TN, the AFC West, the NFC West, NE twice, and 4 games against improving Jets/Miami teams. The AFC West I think will be surprisingly tough - the Raiders are a young, talented team that improved this season, and Denver could easily have been 9-7 if not for a couple of horrific calls. It really comes down to whether Lock is good enough. The NFC West is brutal: AZ was playing everyone tough late this season, and can score. LA, SF, and Seattle are all deep and talented teams with good coaches. That's not to say that the Bills can't become the next SF-style team and start dominating even the good teams, but if that is to happen, Allen will have to become an elite player next year - a QB who can consistently lead the team to 28+ points.

5 hours ago, Jasovon said:

I went into 2019 expected 8 wins, we did better than that which was awesome. It's obviously far too early but I'm interested what people on here expect in 2020 from this team.

For me, I expect 10 wins next year. I hope for more, but i expect us to win 10.

10 plus wins, Division and playoff wins. Anything ELSE IN YEAR 4 of this regime is a failure 

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

My Prediction

12-4

Losses to San Francisco, KC, at Jets, and Titans

AFC East CHAMPS

Conference Championship against Baltimore... 50% chance we go to Super Bowl

If the Bills go 12-4 with so many wins over quality teams they'd have to be one of the 3-4 teams most likely to win the Super Bowl.

They'll need another great draft, a solid group of free agents and need a big step forward from Cody Ford, Dawson Knox and Josh Allen. 

11-5.

We will get another back who compliments Singletary. 
We will get two new pass catchers, including a bonafide number 1.

Daboll/McD will self scout the heck out of the Offensive play calling and get rid of some of the more glaring mis-calls.

JA will hit the long ball 33% better which will be a huge improvement.

The D will get 10 more takeaways over the course of the season.

We will win the AFC east.

We will be in the AFC championship game.