Multiple Needs Fixed in One Shot: Pursue Taysom Hill

MrEpsYtown

I’m in shock this is even posted. 
Taysum Hill is the most versatile weapon in the league, but let’s not act like he can go anywhere and do this. Payton has specifically worked this guy into the playbook in a lot of different variations. Brees and Payton have been together forever now and know their playbook inside and out and build on it constantly. You don’t just integrate a Taysum Hill into your offense. He’s not exactly plug and play. That’s a lot of design and practice to make it effective. We can’t even use all the guys we had this year. He wouldn’t be half the player away from New Orleans. 

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I agree 100%. My current fixation is Justin Jefferson from LSU.  I am hoping for RB Najee Harris in round 3 as well. Those 2 would completely alter our Offense over-night.  

I’m hoping for LaMical Perine in the 4-5 range. Primarily because he’s a big patient back with burst and experience running routes from the slot. I’m hoping he’s devalued because the oline was bad enough to seriously affect his stats. 

7 hours ago, nucci said:

he's not leaving New Orleans

?This.

Besides, he is not the answer to our problems.  He is a gadget player with value, don't get me wrong.  But that is not what we need...we need a menacing receiving target opposite Brown that has size and speed.  

If we somehow ended up with Hill this offseason, fine...no issues with it.  But that is definitely not the "key" piece missing from this offense.  We already have gadget type players and a freak QB...we need a stud WR target who is big, has good hands, and is fast.  And the solution is to draft one as there are some potential stud type WR's in this draft after we made the mistake of not taking a freak like Metcalf last year.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I think Brees is on his way out. When faced with pressure he doesn't have the arm or mobility to succeed anymore.

I also don't think very highly of Josh Allen. I think their skill sets are fairly similar. 

Get out really???? Thank you for making me, heck making the whole board laugh, spit out their coffee, burst out in their cubicle ????

12 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Are you a Bills fan?

Just a quack actually....

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

?This.

Besides, he is not the answer to our problems.  He is a gadget player with value, don't get me wrong.  But that is not what we need...we need a menacing receiving target opposite Brown that has size and speed.  

If we somehow ended up with Hill this offseason, fine...no issues with it.  But that is definitely not the "key" piece missing from this offense.  We already have gadget type players and a freak QB...we need a stud WR target who is big, has good hands, and is fast.  And the solution is to draft one as there are some potential stud type WR's in this draft after we made the mistake of not taking a freak like Metcalf last year.  

I’d view Hill as a McKenzie/Dimarco replacement with teams value.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

?This.

Eric Moulds, Andre Johnson type...

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly I am just amazed that Taysom Hill has made it in the NFL.  

I was very intrigued  watching him early in his career at BYU but he was a dunce at QB who ran himself into one kill-shot after the next...........so I am still unconvinced he has much of a career at QB and feel that the playmaking he's shown is a creation of Sean Peyton and a group of offensive players who draw a lot of attention from defenses. 

It felt like he played college football for 10 years and that was AFTER a long Mormon mission so the dude will already be 30 years old before next season.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

lol Daboll doesn't even know how to use Singletary correctly, what makes you think he would have any idea how to properly use Hill. 

he would probably leave him on the sideline while lee smith and demarco are out there running go routes. Sean Payton is the best offensive coach in the league which is the main reason Hill is even a name ppl know. 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We'd need like 5 Taysom Hill's to do all that at once. I'm sure there's plenty of players with all those football skillsets I'm wondering if the Taysom Hill jack of all trades player will catch on around the NFL.

Don't think Saints give him up for much. Don't think he's worth too much either.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P