[Incomplete Title] Do you see the Pats doing a major shift..........

njbuff

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No But I bet he is SUPER Pissed about having Brady and Kraft force him to trade Jimmy G.

Kraft and Brady didnt force that trade. It had to be done. There was no way to sign jimmy g. That was 100% Bills decision

I see them going the opposite way. Going all in on personnel to get them one more ring... then both retire. And unfortunately I see them competing for the same players we might want (i.e. #1 WR, OL help....) 

The question is, if Brady has one more season, can they attract marquis players knowing that Brady and possibly BB could be gone before long?

And would Kraft let them load up one more season versus planning for long term now?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

and tanking for Trevor in 2020.

I know it’s not in BB’s DNA to tank, but if Brady is not there in 2020, would BB tear it down to get his hands on the next Brady to carry him thru his twilight coaching years????

Interesting

Trever Noah? 

That organization is wed so completely to Tawmy that there is no chance he is not on that team this upcoming season,  sure hope I’m wrong,

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That report has already been knocked down by Bill himself. 

2017 offseason sf called the pats about a trade for jimmy g Bill turned it down. Sf at the same time asked about a trade for Brady. Bill basically laughed at them. After the sf inquiry pats went to Jimmy and offered him a 2 year 24 million guaranteed bridge deal which jimmy didnt want. They also gave brady a 2 year 40 million extension with a 30 million signing bonus. There was no way they could have franchised jimmy at 24 million for 2018 plus have brady at 23 million against the cap. Hence the trade at the deadline.

No, Brady is returning. he isn't letting his last memory in NE be a pick 6 and losing a home playoff game. 

NE will go hard in the offseason to add skill positions and will most likely win the division again next season. 

Edited by Penfield45

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

That report has already been knocked down by Bill himself. 

2017 offseason sf called the pats about a trade for jimmy g Bill turned it down. Sf at the same time asked about a trade for Brady. Bill basically laughed at them. After the sf inquiry pats went to Jimmy and offered him a 2 year 24 million guaranteed bridge deal which jimmy didnt want. They also gave brady a 2 year 40 million extension with a 30 million signing bonus. There was no way they could have franchised jimmy at 24 million for 2018 plus have brady at 23 million against the cap. Hence the trade at the deadline.

Yeah BB would never lie. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Pats retain a top defense and special teams unit, they also got banged up bad on the O-line and had issues at WR (Harry got hurt, AB went crazy and Gordon was ineffective.) I think they retain Brady for one more year and add a couple of weapons and some help on the O-line and take a shot to make one last run. The defense should still be quality and their offensive unit just simply by being healthy would be better (their o-line and Harry coming back is already a tremendous improvement.) 

They aren't tanking because they aren't that far off from competing. They have a better shot at drafting up their offense and keeping Brady than tearing down their team enough to tank. 

I don't think Brady will be back in NE, but that in no way, shape, or form portends a tank or a rebuild.

The team won 12 games with mediocre QB play. 

I think you need to separate Brady and BB because they've both got individual ego's and motivations. I personally believe Brady will move on and try(unsuccessfully) to win elsewhere and BB will stay, bring in a vet and go from there.

Each wants to prove they can win without the other. Problem for Brady is that he still has to PLAY, and that's become a problem.

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I 100% agree with this. I think Belichick is going to coach forever and I think Brady wants to prove he can win without him. For them, I think it is the perfect time to tank. 

I think NE tanks and drafts Lawrence. 

I think Brady goes to Dallas to play behind that offensive line with Elliot in the backfield and Amari Cooper on the outside. It also allows Dallas to move on from Dak, which deep down is something I think they want. No one can argue with moving on from Dak if he is replaced by Brady. (ala Tebow for Peyton) I think Joe Buck's head might explode if Brady is playing for America's team. 

Dak goes to MIami where he is a much better fit in Chan Gailey's offense and Miami has their long term quarterback.  

I think Rivers goes to Tampa and plays for Bruce Arians, I think they would be a good fit. 

Winston goes to the Chargers and plays for Anthony Lynn. 

I also like Andy Dalton in Indy. 

That's the end of my quarterback carousel that will likely never happen.  

Wow that’s too much Madden trading....I think very little QB swapping will go on other than Dalton maybe headed to NE if TB gets offered a deal by the Chargers. 

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

Wow that’s too much Madden trading....I think very little QB swapping will go on other than Dalton maybe headed to NE if TB gets offered a deal by the Chargers. 

So of this is tongue in cheek, but I do think we will see an unusual amount of movement because there are so many free agent quarterbacks this year. It's more likely they go back to their old teams, I do think Rivers and Winston will be on new teams though.

If I were Brady I would go to Dallas, just because he can get paid what he wants and has a strong offensive line and weapons around him. And if I were NE i would let him go and tank for Trevor. 

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Again I thought AJ Brown was the best receiver in the class and DK was 2nd so it doesn't surprise me those two are better than Harry. But 1 year is early to write off his 2019 class I think. And as I say.... you have to look over the entity of his time there.  

I understand that you are looking at the entirety of Belichicks times there. However, the thread is about a shift now. Fact is Belichick hasn’t picked good over the past for years, even when he did have a full allotment of picks. The roster is against. Trusting Bill to rebuild it isn’t very wise. Bills moves were based on having the greatest QB. Then it shifted to trying to win with a game manager QB and a running game and a good defense. The running game hasn’t been impressive, Brady really isn’t  even good enough to manage games, and the defense is good but not great. 
The thread is about now and moving forward. I would also ask, who was still helping Bill 10-15 years ago? As time as gone on Bill has assumed more control is my understanding. 

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I understand that you are looking at the entirety of Belichicks times there. However, the thread is about a shift now. Fact is Belichick hasn’t picked good over the past for years, even when he did have a full allotment of picks. The roster is against. Trusting Bill to rebuild it isn’t very wise. Bills moves were based on having the greatest QB. Then it shifted to trying to win with a game manager QB and a running game and a good defense. The running game hasn’t been impressive, Brady really isn’t  even good enough to manage games, and the defense is good but not great. 
The thread is about now and moving forward. I would also ask, who was still helping Bill 10-15 years ago? As time as gone on Bill has assumed more control is my understanding. 

He hasn't had a full allotment of picks is the point. And yes at the start Bill had less control. But by the time he built the core of the second era of the dynasty? From 2009 to 2015? He was in total control by then. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He hasn't had a full allotment of picks is the point. And yes at the start Bill had less control. But by the time he built the core of the second era of the dynasty? From 2009 to 2015? He was in total control by then. 

Bill has had total control since he was hired. If Kraft ever interfered with football ops Bill would walk.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Not a chance! BB will lead the team to a winning record with Stidham at QB, he will have scar still and draft O lineman to improve the run game and have Stidham be like Brady of 2001 till 2003. Short Safe passes and a run game and punt and rely on a top defense. 

if Brady comes back I expect the same thing except more wins because Brady reads a D better than almost anyone else in the NFL.  

I'm guessing he'll go back into retirement once Brady leaves. I think he was begged out of retirement for the last run with Brady.