[Incomplete Title] Do you see the Pats doing a major shift..........

njbuff

and tanking for Trevor in 2020.

I know it’s not in BB’s DNA to tank, but if Brady is not there in 2020, would BB tear it down to get his hands on the next Brady to carry him thru his twilight coaching years????

Interesting

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t put anything past him. At this point though I think he’s considering the end game more than a rebuild. 

I think he is contemplating the quickest way to fix it. He has stated several times this year he is not ready to hang em up. I think the all time win record is important to him.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chris66 said:

I think he is contemplating the quickest way to fix it. He has stated several times this year he is not ready to hang em up. I think the all time win record is important to him.

If that’s the case then I’d expect him to trade for cam newton and possibly attempt to mimic what Baltimore is doing. They already have the personnel minus needing some tight ends. 

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If that’s the case then I’d expect him to trade for cam newton and possibly attempt to mimic what Baltimore is doing. They already have the personnel minus needing some tight ends. 

Te is a big need no doubt. Unfortunately its a big need around the league

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I know it’s not in BB’s DNA to tank, but if Brady is not there in 2020, would BB tear it down to get his hands on the next Brady to carry him thru his twilight coaching years????

Interesting

No, and I can practically guarantee you that he’s thinking of ways to secure home field advantage in 2020 and avoid WC weekend. They had the number one defense in practically every category, for chrissake.

The problem with the Pats is it isn’t just the QB position. 
Belichick is an average drafter at best.

That roster is old in a ton of places. Also we are hearing more and more grumblings about the Patriot way not being enjoyable at all. Couple that with the fact they won’t be winning a SB soon and Belichick is on his way to being done. Guys would go to NE because they felt like they could get a ring. The player would endure Belichick so they could be a champion. Now with Brady quickly becoming a shell of the player he was that isn’t going to be the case. Not to mention Tom isn’t taking the news well that he is old and can’t play like he use too. We don’t see Breed or any of the other older QB’s treating their wide receivers like Brady does. 
NE is done. It’s going to be fun watching them get pummeled next year. The mystic is wearing off to the point where teams won’t let NE have the mental edge anymore. 
Belichick will be a race car driver trying to win a Formula one race with a Prius. 

• Like (+1) 3

A Genius would know it's time for a change.

Ego maniacal douche bags on the other hand won't. 

speaking of  IT was great seeing Belicheat swear on camera when Vrable called for those consecutive penalties ran that ran 1:36 off the clock 

Kraft wants Tom to play in NE or retire

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

53 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Interesting

No. They still won 12 games and have an excellent defense. If they move on from Brady then they will probably bring in a vet for 2020 and then look at QB's in the draft for their future. Burrow will be a Bengal #1. Tua who knows with the injury if he falls in the draft or teams move up to get him. If they are looking at drafting a QB they will have competition. Steelers, Chargers, Saints have to be looking for QB's for the future given the ages of their current starters. Pitt especially as they watched their season crash and burn without Ben.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Interesting

Not a chance! BB will lead the team to a winning record with Stidham at QB, he will have scar still and draft O lineman to improve the run game and have Stidham be like Brady of 2001 till 2003. Short Safe passes and a run game and punt and rely on a top defense. 

if Brady comes back I expect the same thing except more wins because Brady reads a D better than almost anyone else in the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The problem with the Pats is it isn’t just the QB position. 
Belichick is an average drafter at best.

That roster is old in a ton of places. Also we are hearing more and more grumblings about the Patriot way not being enjoyable at all. Couple that with the fact they won’t be winning a SB soon and Belichick is on his way to being done. Guys would go to NE because they felt like they could get a ring. The player would endure Belichick so they could be a champion. Now with Brady quickly becoming a shell of the player he was that isn’t going to be the case. Not to mention Tom isn’t taking the news well that he is old and can’t play like he use too. We don’t see Breed or any of the other older QB’s treating their wide receivers like Brady does. 
NE is done. It’s going to be fun watching them get pummeled next year. The mystic is wearing off to the point where teams won’t let NE have the mental edge anymore. 
Belichick will be a race car driver trying to win a Formula one race with a Prius. 

I think the "Belichick is an average drafter" thing is so overdone. The last few years they have traded away draft picks to load up with vets for final runs with Brady so they have not had many 1st round picks (have still done okay in later rounds) but there was a spell when they drafted really well in the 1st (around the turn of the last decade: Patrick Chung, Devin McCourty, Nate Solder, Chandler Jones, Donate Hightower, Jamie Collins) they really killed it there for a few years and were still finding Gronk and Hernandez and Edelman and Spikes and James White in later rounds.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the "Belichick is an average drafter" thing is so overdone. The last few years they have traded away draft picks to load up with vets for final runs with Brady so they have not had many 1st round picks (have still done okay in later rounds) but there was a spell when they drafted really well in the 1st (around the turn of the last decade: Patrick Chung, Devin McCourty, Nate Solder, Chandler Jones, Donate Hightower, Jamie Collins) they really killed it there for a few years and were still finding Gronk and Hernandez and Edelman and Spikes and James White in later rounds.

Go look at their last 4 years worth of picks, which is relevant to now and then next 3-4 years. Most of those players you mentioned are aging quickly or out of the league.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975