QB free agency.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, Estro said:

Case Keenum would be a significant upgrade IMO.  

He will want starter money.  15 to 20M.  And he will get it. 

We pay Barkley like 3 million.  I say we ride it at that rate.  Opens up a lot more cap. 

I think Beane will be on the lookout for value and quality in the free agent QB market.  Whether he finds it or not is a question nobody can answer.  Barkley proved he leaves something to be desired.  Davis Webb is kind of an unknown, though his NFL experience thus far hasn't been stellar.  He may have developed in practice in ways we can't really see.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:06 PM, leonbus23 said:

This may not be popular, but maybe Peterman. He showed a lot of growth with the Raiders training camp last year. 

?

Except he is still under contract with Las Vegas.

9 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

He will want starter money.  15 to 20M.  And he will get it. 

We pay Barkley like 3 million.  I say we ride it at that rate.  Opens up a lot more cap. 

Keenum is an interesting option, but I agree that he’d demand too much. If he wanted half that I would consider it... but given the market I don’t see him having as much demand this year.

Miami gonna keep Fitz for another year as miami.....I assume may pick a QB in the 1st round to groom behind Fitz for a while....plus with Chan Gailey coming in miami now I think its obvious Fitz is not going anywhere.......Bills are going to keep Barkley as he has another  year....

On 1/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, Do The Reich Thing said:

Winston is going to get 25+ mill a year. It will never happen. You know the NFL works with a salary cap, right? 

NO

...bigger question is which number will be HIGHER?.......

A. Salary

B. TD Passes

C. Picks

....PICKS...bet the farm............

• Like (+1) 1

Cant hurt but lower on the priority list. Though with Tannehill and some of the other guys this year it could lead to some rethinking about your backup. I like the old logic of you want a guy that win 50% of your games. With our D I see Barkley as that. Never hurts to draft a prospect though - whether for yourself or future trade bait. 

22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Cant hurt but lower on the priority list. Though with Tannehill and some of the other guys this year it could lead to some rethinking about your backup. I like the old logic of you want a guy that win 50% of your games. With our D I see Barkley as that. Never hurts to draft a prospect though - whether for yourself or future trade bait. 

...agree...unfortunately, I think the U of B kid is WAAAAY too big of a project.....he makes tartare look well done.........

On 1/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, leonbus23 said:

This may not be popular, but maybe Peterman. He showed a lot of growth with the Raiders training camp last year. 

?

I like your thinking .   We could also look at  EJ .  Bring him out of his early retirement from the NFL and see what he looks like .   After all,  his proponents said he just needs a chance to show that he is good

On 1/7/2020 at 8:20 PM, BarleyNY said:

My first thought was a player like Mariota, but we might not want to do that.  I wouldn’t want the Bills to give anyone (especially Allen) the impression that Allen was on the hot seat.  A solid career backup would be fine, but that’s it. 

Yet our coach says competition makes us stronger.

If Josh crumbles because Marcus Marriotta is on the team, he's not THE GUY anyway.

I actually thinking bringing someone in to push Josh is not a bad idea.  Goes for any position.

Not to mention the fact that if we get on a run and Josh gets hurt, we still want to have to chance to win.  Think Nick Foles or Jeff Hostettler or Earl Moral or Doug Williams..

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yet our coach says competition makes us stronger.

If Josh crumbles because Marcus Marriotta is on the team, he's not THE GUY anyway.

I actually thinking bringing someone in to push Josh is not a bad idea.  Goes for any position.

Not to mention the fact that if we get on a run and Josh gets hurt, we still want to have to chance to win.  Think Nick Foles or Jeff Hostettler or Earl Moral or Doug Williams..

That’s all fair.  Usually that’s what I would’ve said too.  My reservation is what happened with Allen in the playoff game.  He really panicked after his fumble.  It’s not something that can continue to happen.  The whole regular season he had a lot of pressure situations at the end of games and he never panicked like that.  Obviously it was the most important game of his life and he didn’t play on a big stage in college.  (Let’s face it, the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl probably didn’t fully battle test him.). That’s not to say that he can’t step it up regardless, but maybe now isn’t the time to add onto the pressure by inviting a QB controversy.  In general, yeah, I’m with you and I wouldn’t blame the Bills if they did pick up someone like Mariota, but I can see why they would want to show that they’re fully behind Allen and not push it right now.