The Situation With Iran Goes Hot - Shots Fired

Hedge

18 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

What a POS. 

I genuinely can't figure out why someone in his position would be so hostile toward the current administration in times like these. I know he's a far-left Obama nutbag, but as a former CIA Director, I have to imagine maybe he would put country first, and if nothing else, just shut his piehole.

I've been skeptical of the whole "He knows he's in trouble with Trump in the WH" idea, but he should at least be smart enough to know that the crap he spews helps Trump more than it hurts him.

Iran Air flight 655, flight of an Iranian airliner that was shot down by the missile cruiser USS Vincennes on July 3, 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, killing all 290 people on board. The passenger plane, which was in Iranian airspace, had been incorrectly identified as a fighter jet.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Iran-Air-flight-655

Mistakes happen in a war zone

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

One of the big differences in perception is Obama came out and said "This falls under the existing AUMF," whereas Trump is simply saying "I can do whatever the ***** I want."  

If Trump said "This falls under the existing AUMF," he'd still be getting massive ***** for it.  But it would also be a completely different argument.

Just now, ALF said:

Iran Air flight 655, flight of an Iranian airliner that was shot down by the missile cruiser USS Vincennes on July 3, 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz, killing all 290 people on board. The passenger plane, which was in Iranian airspace, had been incorrectly identified as a fighter jet.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Iran-Air-flight-655

Mistakes happen in a war zone

Again, the fact that Iran hasn't brought up the Vincennes is the biggest indicator that they shot down the 737 themselves.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

I genuinely can't figure out why someone in his position would be so hostile toward the current administration in times like these. I know he's a far-left Obama nutbag, but as a former CIA Director, I have to imagine maybe he would put country first, and if nothing else, just shut his piehole.

I've been skeptical of the whole "He knows he's in trouble with Trump in the WH" idea, but he should at least be smart enough to know that the crap he spews helps Trump more than it hurts him.

Trump could not care less about the inner circle of Ivy League intellectuals, nor how things "have always been done"

Government in North America is essentially carried out by a Civil Service (as called here and the UK) and it has full tenure and never chooses a political side and sits there smiling knowing that another government will be around in a few years

Trump has completely erased their access to his Office and reduced their chain of custody of advice and intelligence

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

And Iran wants a Nuke......Cant even figure out which direction to fire a rocket.

back in the day they convinced a few nuclear physicists to defect to the US and upon basic questioning found they didn't have a ruddy clue about nuclear physics

50 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Brennan and Comey specifically kept intelligence about the investigation into multiple campaigns from the Gang of 8 during 2016. 

***** him.

So is Pompeo.

***** him too? Or do you actually want to ***** him?

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

One of the big differences in perception is Obama came out and said "This falls under the existing AUMF," whereas Trump is simply saying "I can do whatever the ***** I want."  

If Trump said "This falls under the existing AUMF," he'd still be getting massive ***** for it.  But it would also be a completely different argument. ...

huh. i thought that all the talk in Congress (actually just passed a resolution) about Trump claiming AUMF authority was based upon his claims of application.

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Whatcha gonna do when the Hulkamaniacs and Canadians run wild on you?

34_iron-sheik-ref01fixed.jpg?w=1000&h=60

tumblr_oz4g2lC0SR1sj4xr4o1_400.gifv

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

You hadn't thought of that?  Really?  I'm a conservative and this was the very first thought I had when I asked myself what the sub-humans would try to make of this whole thing.  If they had not attacked the embassy this whole thing would have been avoided.  How far back should we go?  '79?

It's true, though.

If Iran had not attacked the embassy the plane would not have been shot down.

If Soleimani was not killed the plane would not have been shot down.

If the plane was grounded it would not have been shot down. 

Facts don't play the blame game, they're facts.

The questions should be, in light of all these facts, what should the consequence(s) for Iran be for mistakenly/purposefully (hope we have good intelligence) targeting the plane? Should the US be responsible for any of the consequence(s)?

Edited by Gary Busey

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

It's true, though.

The question should be, in light of all these facts, what should the consequence for Iran be for mistakenly/purposefully (hope we have good intelligence) targeting the plane? 

I agree they are factual.  Regarding the downing of the plane I think we have to let the international community determine that route.  Anything else from the US would be considered an escalation and salt in the wound.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

It's true, though.

The questions should be, in light of all these facts, what should the consequence(s) for Iran be for mistakenly/purposefully (hope we have good intelligence) targeting the plane? Should the US be responsible for any of the consequence(s)?

and if you didn't wake up in the morning, it still would have made a noise.

sheesh, talk about whataboutism.

that's like saying you wouldn't have got in that car accident if Sammy never turned left.

a confluence of events is one thing but, holycrap batman.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

and if you didn't wake up in the morning, it still would have made a noise.

sheesh, talk about whataboutism.

that's like saying you wouldn't have got in that car accident if Sammy never turned left.

a confluence of events is one thing but, holycrap batman.

Broken brain.

Why anyone keeps taking him seriously, let alone responds to him, is beyond me. He offers nothing.

9 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Leafs suck

they have for most of my 50 years as a fan

now they are playing well and probably will make the playoffs and lose to the Bruins, and i can't get into watching regular season games  :(