The Situation With Iran Goes Hot - Shots Fired

Hedge

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

Sure.  Wouldn't with all our gadgetry in Iraq, we'd see one of those missiles launch?  Since the US/Iraqis had a three hour warning prior to the missile attack, I'd imagine we'd have a lot of assets looking at Iranian airspace at the time.   Do you buy one of the more reliable aircraft engines exploding like that?  

No, I'm of the opinion they accidentally shot it down.  But we wouldn't necessarily see the launch, in any spectrum (visual, IR, microwave).  

Mostly, was disagreeing with the implication of "It must have been gunfire, because perforations."  

4 minutes ago, Hedge said:

What if any of the Gang of Eight were seen as a threat, tied to any of the sources, or also were being surveilled by any of those methods? 

Video of Pence saying this at the link: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/pence-says-sharing-intel-congress-could-compromise-sources-n1112791?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Yeah...anything told to the Gang of Eight is in John Kerry's hands before the day is out, and in Iranian hands the next day.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well, in a way we did. Just like we're provoking the Iranian people to ditch their Mullahs for a better national governance - one that doesn't worship death, but seeks peace and prosperity.

they are stating that mullahs are not interested in peace and prosperity?

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

What if any of the Gang of Eight were seen as a threat, tied to any of the sources, or also were being surveilled by any of those methods? 

Video of Pence saying this at the link: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/pence-says-sharing-intel-congress-could-compromise-sources-n1112791?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Right.  Let's tell tell Schiff and just wait for the press conference.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm of the opinion they accidentally shot it down.  But we wouldn't necessarily see the launch, in any spectrum (visual, IR, microwave).  

Mostly, was disagreeing with the implication of "It must have been gunfire, because perforations."  

Yeah...anything told to the Gang of Eight is in John Kerry's hands before the day is out, and in Iranian hands the next day.  

Understood.  Thought if it was a missile, we'd have seen it and Trump would have been at his press conference yesterday claiming the Iranians shot it down with a missile.  

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Good point - haven't thought of that

You hadn't thought of that?  Really?  I'm a conservative and this was the very first thought I had when I asked myself what the sub-humans would try to make of this whole thing.  If they had not attacked the embassy this whole thing would have been avoided.  How far back should we go?  '79?

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Understood.  Thought if it was a missile, we'd have seen

Not necessarily.  It was a couple hundred miles away from anything outside a satellite.  And as a general principle, SAMs are made to not be seen (on the idea that if it can't be seen it's harder to dodge.)