The Situation With Iran Goes Hot - Shots Fired

Hedge

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/its-missiles-did-little-damage-but-iran-has-more-potent-weapons/ar-BBYLgnN?li=BBnb7Kz

The latest cycle of attacks between the United States and Iran started with a rocket attack that killed an American contractor in Iraq. The United States retaliated with a strike on an Iranian-backed militia, beginning a cycle of escalation.

WTF?

3llfkb.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Probably not.  Asymmetrical warfare still takes time for planning and staff work, particularly when it's as well-organized as the IRGC is.  

And the nature of asymmetrical warfare is that it doesn't really degrade.  As long as you maintain any sort of threat, you have a viable capability.  And Quds force is still a very viable threat - they demonstrated that last week, and killing Soleimani didn't degrade that at all. ...

all true. however, would it not be wise to think that there were already plans on the table waiting to go into action here? i don't think being asymmetrical means that you are always in a defensive planning posture. sure some actions may require a prolonged planning and implementation phase but for that to be your only methods of reaction i think is not where it's at, strategically speaking.

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh boy, Lindsey is all hot and bothered again. 

In response to criticism from Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) over the classified Iran briefing by Trump administration officials Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said he believed they were “overreacting” and suggested their defiance was “empowering the enemy.”

His comments came after Lee had disparaged the briefing, calling it “probably the worst briefing I’ve seen at least on a military issue in the nine years I’ve served in the United States Senate.”

Lee and Paul, who are the most libertarian-leaning Republicans in the Senate, both indicated after the briefing that they would support the Democratic-led war powers resolution, which seeks to limit President Trump’s military actions regarding Iran.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-live-updates/2020/01/08/c835c218-31a0-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html#link-3FBPYR7YLI3JTC7TAQOYSMGRRY

second video, which by the way, no mention of in the main stream propaganda machine.

https://twitter.com/embryglobal/status/1215075433428987905

additionally. owing to/being owned by certain lobbies is never a good idea.

https://twitter.com/RadGeekpartduex/status/1215087092335771648

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, I don't think Iran wants this to go any further.  That response was as weak as you can get outside of doing nothing. 

And the conspiracy theorist voice in my head is telling me that the mullahs were growing jealous/worried about Soleimani's popularity and influence and sold him out.

24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

second video, which by the way, no mention of in the main stream propaganda machine.

https://twitter.com/embryglobal/status/1215075433428987905

additionally. owing to/being owned by certain lobbies is never a good idea.

https://twitter.com/RadGeekpartduex/status/1215087092335771648

Lindsey Graham reminds me of the old man in family guy. "Wanna see some pictures I took of myself?" 

image.jpeg.cecfa389817cdc200dbb84249b45a5f8.jpeg

I think the Iranians accidentally shot that plane down with an AA gun, not a missile.  In the context of shooting missiles into Iraq, somebody heard a plane, got nervous, shot and happened to hit the wings of a fully-fueled 737.  That's likely why the plane was on fire as it crashed.  There were some crash site images that showed perforations in the fuselage.  

You'll know something is up if the Ukrainians can't get access to the debris or the black boxes.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think the Iranians accidentally shot that plane down with an AA gun, not a missile.  In the context of shooting missiles into Iraq, somebody heard a plane, got nervous, shot and happened to hit the wings of a fully-fueled 737.  That's likely why the plane was on fire as it crashed.  There were some crash site images that showed perforations in the fuselage.  

You'll know something is up if the Ukrainians can't get access to the debris or the black boxes.  

Yep - no way it was a missile 

38 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Missiles cause perforations too.  

So do catastrophically failing turbofan engines, for that matter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

MSNBC showing just how poor their logic actually is. 

Broken Brains.

Well, in a way we did. Just like we're provoking the Iranian people to ditch their Mullahs for a better national governance - one that doesn't worship death, but seeks peace and prosperity.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Missiles cause perforations too.  

So do catastrophically failing turbofan engines, for that matter.

Sure.  Wouldn't with all our gadgetry in Iraq, we'd see one of those missiles launch?  Since the US/Iraqis had a three hour warning prior to the missile attack, I'd imagine we'd have a lot of assets looking at Iranian airspace at the time.   Do you buy one of the more reliable aircraft engines exploding like that?