The Situation With Iran Goes Hot - Shots Fired

Hedge

36 minutes ago, ALF said:

If this is the end of the conflict even I will praise Trump . 

That’s entirely up to Iran. We took out their 2nd in command, they made their show of force and (I think) we’re not going to do anything further. 

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah, I'm going to err on the side of iraniian incompetence.

You're a moran. 

They warned of the attack before the launch. 

They didn't fire their best weapons. 

They struck areas where there would be minimal damage. 

They announced right after the launch that no more attacks would be coming if the US stood down. 

They--thankfully--hit what they wanted, which was officially a US base, but with no casualties. 

I saw this posted on a site I check out from time to time. Who knows about it's accuracy so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems to line up with what we've seen.

I'm an American field grade officer in [REDACTED], and would like to calm things down a bit, concerning the Iranian missile strike on Al-Assad Air Base, and Erbil. I was in [REDACTED] during the strike. Here's my take.

1. We received "intelligence reports" that there would be a missile strike that night in two volleys. We didn't know the hour, or location, but there were in fact two volleys. Field intelligence is never that accurate, in my experience.

2. The first volley launched within minutes of us receiving the "intelligence report".

3. I watched the rockets impact - mostly ineffectively - on a live feed.

4. Pres Trump tweeted that there were no American casualties, and little damage, before we even received the Battle Damage Assessment, but he was right.

5. Iran, Iraq, and Pres Trump were all talking about de-escalation within hours of the strike.

The whole night, I couldn't escape the feeling that the whole thing is intended to give Pres Trump a reason to remove troops from Iraq, while giving all three parties (Iran, Iraq, and the USA) reason to claim a win - the USA killed a very bad man, Iran struck The Great Satan, and Iraq gets to reassert their sovereignty.

We'll see, but that's the way it looks from [REDACTED]. Finally....

6. I watched the Neo-Clowns on Fox News agitate for war. I just thought, "give it a rest, man!"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I saw this posted on a site I check out from time to time. Who knows about it's accuracy so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems to line up with what we've seen.

I'm an American field grade officer in [REDACTED], and would like to calm things down a bit, concerning the Iranian missile strike on Al-Assad Air Base, and Erbil. I was in [REDACTED] during the strike. Here's my take.

1. We received "intelligence reports" that there would be a missile strike that night in two volleys. We didn't know the hour, or location, but there were in fact two volleys. Field intelligence is never that accurate, in my experience.

2. The first volley launched within minutes of us receiving the "intelligence report".

4. Pres Trump tweeted that there were no American casualties, and little damage, before we even received the Battle Damage Assessment, but he was right.

5. Iran, Iraq, and Pres Trump were all talking about de-escalation within hours of the strike.

The whole night, I couldn't escape the feeling that the whole thing is intended to give Pres Trump a reason to remove troops from Iraq, while giving all three parties (Iran, Iraq, and the USA) reason to claim a win - the USA killed a very bad man, Iran struck The Great Satan, and Iraq gets to reassert their sovereignty.

6. I watched the Neo-Clowns on Fox News agitate for war. I just thought, "give it a rest, man!"

If an officer in country sent that, and it had his exact location (the redacted part) he will be in the brig soon enough which really makes me doubt it's authenticity 

16 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Except for personal details of 3 and 4 and a small detail inside of #1 (he says "intelligence reports" but many outlets are saying Iran called to warn Iraq about the launch), the rest is in the media already, so it could have been written by anyone and adds nothing that isn't already out there.  

That's not a critique of you--just saying there's not much there there in the report. 

Edited by John Adams

Iran Says It Has Concluded Its Response To U.S. Strike, Does Not Seek Escalation. 

If this token effort is it, then the exchange is a big win for Trump, and for the United States.

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: Not Quite World War III Edition. 

“Trump Derangement Syndrome has now morphed into Iranian Apology and Appeasement Syndrome and, like every part of this Trump tantrum, is beyond wearisome.”

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

Hope everybody chills out at this point.

IMO, the Iranians shot down that airliner by accident.  What's odd is it took off from their own airport.  I'm not an FAA investigator but engine failure doesn't result in the entire aircraft being in flames.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2